Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FSA "off topic" thread - No discussion relating to FSA or Soccer - please read post 1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,682 ✭✭✭✭dahat

I own a recently purchased Android box and thas enough aggro for me.

Far too old for a console but part of me always wants to play Fifa.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Lemlin wrote: »
    I was a Mega Drive man and moved onto Playstation. I went big into games for a while then. Had a Dreamcast, PS2, N64 and Game Boy.

Hard to believe I don't own a console at all now.

The MegaDrive was my first console too before moving onto the Playstation. I got a ps4 a couple of weeks ago and it's grand for me so far. I got Destiny and then Fifa last week.

I'm a huge fan of games made by Naughty Dog: Uncharted, The Last of Us, Crash Bandicoot etc and they're exclusive to the playstation so it's an easy decision for me to stick with them.

Hard to beat the megadrive sometimes though :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

I was a Mega Drive man and moved onto Playstation. I went big into games for a while then. Had a Dreamcast, PS2, N64 and Game Boy.

Hard to believe I don't own a console at all now.

I was a Nintendo fanboy, no doubt. But my best buddy growing up always had the latest Sega, so it worked out! Goldeneye on the N64, remember that? Probably the greatest multiplayer experience ever in my opinion.
    dahat wrote: »
    I own a recently purchased Android box and thas enough aggro for me.

Far too old for a console but part of me always wants to play Fifa.

Are there some decent games on the Android Box? I have no real interest in investing in a Playstation or Xbox, but i read before about the Android Box, it tickled my fancy a bit with it's more old-school approach to games.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Xbox One or PS4 lads? My last console was a 360 but I'm leaning towards a PS4.

What are your friends playing on?

If you are a billy-no-mates, have a look at which has the better exclusives/types of games you're interested in.

Either way, hold off until nearer late December as there may be deals/bundles that could save a few euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

manual_man wrote: »
    I was a Nintendo fanboy, no doubt. But my best buddy growing up always had the latest Sega, so it worked out! Goldeneye on the N64, remember that? Probably the greatest multiplayer experience ever in my opinion.

I remember GoldenEye well. It and Ocarina of Time were class on the N64. My actual favourite time from gaming was when I had an Amiga 500, probably because I was younger then.

Prince of Persia, Cannon Fodder, Syndicate, James Pond: Robocod, Zool... all classics.

• Advertisement

By chance does anyone know how to remotely wipe a Google account from an android phone? Just had my phone nicked! I'm out and about at the moment (posting this from friends phone). I have an Android Tab as well on the same account, i can work off that or my laptop once i get back home. Any help appreciated! :o

1) Log into your Gmail account

2) Scroll to the bottom and click on "Details" link after where it says "you last signed in on xxxxx"

3) then click on "Sign out all other sessions" button

Alternatively, just change your gmail password, maybe that will help?

Edit: Crap, thought you were just talking bout gmail. Not sure about the whole google a/c.

1) Log into your Gmail account

2) Scroll to the bottom and click on "Details" link after where it says "you last signed in on xxxxx"

3) then click on "Sign out all other sessions" button

Alternatively, just change your gmail password, maybe that will help?

Edit: Crap, thought you were just talking bout gmail. Not sure about the whole google a/c.

More than likely they'll just do a factory reset. Would have needed to set up the remote wipe option in advance on my phone... Google settings->Android Device Manager (for future reference, at least!). Silly me

Keatley drop goal wins it for Munster!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 39,533 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Munster!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

This is probably a really stupid question but what does meh stand for. I see people regularly mention it on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭FrClintPower

This is probably a really stupid question but what does meh stand for. I see people regularly mention it on here.

Doesn't stand for anything, means what it sounds like, average, a bit rubbish -

"How was the film? " "Meh".

In hospital waiting to get the old snip snip done.....surgery underwear is not pretty.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,107 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

In hospital waiting to get the old snip snip done.....surgery underwear is not pretty.

Best of luck with that, it's on my watchlist.

PARlance wrote: »
    Best of luck with that, it's on my watchlist.

Should be straight forward, quick cut inside with a scissors tackle to finish the job.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Straight red, out for 6 weeks.

MrsIRL popped out our firstborn at 6am this morning. Will be joining the middle of the night price rise watch contingent over the coming weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

KevIRL wrote: »
    MrsIRL popped out our firstborn at 6am this morning. Will be joining the middle of the night price rise watch contingent over the coming weeks

Congratulations Kev, great news.

Congrats. Boy or girl?

You also won't be watching as much sport. Welcome to the world of Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Doc McStuffins and Fireman Sam!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

Congratulations

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Congrats. As Lemlin said, you'll be relying on the forum more than ever to get updates on the matches you won't have time to watch. But it is hard to beat at the same time.

Btw, I bet MrsIrl would be appreciative of your positively poetic description of that miracle of nature!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Well done kev congrats

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Fair play Kev, I have four kids all born in the middle of the night, nurses and midwives are all about the mother, can't do enough for them. Was I offered a seat, cup of tea or some toast??? We gets no respect in those labour wards so we don't;)

Congrats Kev :)

Congrats Kev, hope MrsIRL and BabyIRL are well!
    If ultimate fantasy football is anything to go by I just know you're going to be a great father!!! :)

You'll probably be as happy as you've ever been and as tired as you've ever been over the next month... And in time you'll wonder what you talked about before poo (it's consistency and regularity) became the topic of conversation in the house :)

Fair play Kev, I have four kids all born in the middle of the night, nurses and midwives are all about the mother, can't do enough for them. Was I offered a seat, cup of tea or some toast??? We gets no respect in those labour wards so we don't;)

You should have come to Cavan hospital. The nurse forced me to go and get myself breakfast while my wife was in labour (albeit the early stages!).

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭FrClintPower

PARlance wrote: »
    Congrats Kev, hope MrsIRL and BabyIRL are well!
    If ultimate fantasy football is anything to go by I just know you're going to be a great father!!! :)

You'll probably be as happy as you've ever been and as tired as you've ever been over the next month... And in time you'll wonder what you talked about before poo (it's consistency and regularity) became the topic of conversation in the house :)

And colour

• Registered Users Posts: 20,348 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

And colour

And......... aroma......

How could I forget the colour... The aroma doesn't get talked about much here Riky... They all smell bad ;) although in fairness, you do have to highlight if it was "very stinky" so you're right

• Advertisement

The Fletch&Sav show on BT on Saturday mornings is really good. A welcome relief from the nonsense that Soccer AM has become.

Advertisement