Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FSA "off topic" thread - No discussion relating to FSA or Soccer - please read post 1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    People who refer to the premier league as the premiership really grind my gears.

There's a thread for that ;)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057255123&page=131

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

I can be a bit of a grammar Nazi. Text speak drives me a bit nuts and I can't stand reading "should of" instead of "should have" or even should've.

Funnily enough the whole Garth/Gareth Brooks thing has turned full circle on me. I spent so much time taking the piss out of yokels calling him Gareth that I've starting doing it myself sometimes:o

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

People who refer to the premier league as the premiership really grind my gears.
    Managers and players that say the Barclays premier league and referring to your team and adding the words football club after it really annoys me.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

qwabercd wrote: »
    Why do so many people spell "invanovich" incorrectly. Really grinds my gears for some reason (wouldn't normally be a grammar nazi)!

Do you mean Ivanović?

roryc wrote: »
    Why do so many people spell "invanovich" incorrectly. Really grinds my gears for some reason (wouldn't normally be a grammar nazi)!

Do you mean Ivanović?

Haha :pac::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭qwabercd

roryc wrote: »
    Do you mean Ivanović?

Yeah I spelled it incorrectly on purpose, wouldn't be arsed with the squiggle over the "c" myself, too much effort. So many people spell it wrong that I had to google his name the other day, thinking that maybe all these years it was me. I'm never wrong though, and wasn't in this situation.

I'm never wrong though, and wasn't in this situation.

Amanda... is that you???:pac::D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭Danger781

FSA "off topic" thread - No discussion relating to FSA or Soccer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭aligator_am

May have been mentioned already but people who say whatever player scored a "gold" set me off!

It's not the Olympics you poxbottles!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Danger781 wrote: »
    FSA "off topic" thread - No discussion relating to FSA or Soccer

Yeah, I was talking about the tennis player Ana Ivanovic, if that's ok?!

• Advertisement

Yeah, I was talking about the tennis player Ana Ivanovic, if that's ok?!

Suppose it is :pac:

Apologies if that came across a bit dickish by the way! Nothing intended :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

I hopefully hand up my dissertation for my masters tomorrow and the temptation to get a PS4 and Destiny is increasing by the hour. Anyone want to talk me out of it? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

I hopefully hand up my dissertation for my masters tomorrow and the temptation to get a PS4 and Destiny is increasing by the hour. Anyone want to talk me out of it? :)

Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it.

So no, to answer your question.

And congrats :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Congratulations. And yes. Do it. You're only young once. One day not long from now you be putting your kids to bed and be so old and square you won't even have a clue what 'Destiny' even is!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Was tempted to go for ps4 and destiny today too. 399 for both in argos which I assume is a good deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Was tempted to got for ps4 and destiny today too. 399 for both in argos which I assume is a good deal.

It is a free game as 399 was the launch price for the console.

Thinking of upgrading PS3 too, will wait for Fifa15 to have good excuse:D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,107 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Congrats Mr. P!
    The last console I played was the Sega Megadrive as a kid... I've never had the urge to play despite my mates spending about 20 hours a day on Pro Ev during college... I have never played any other console apart from the Megadrive, not even one match of Pro Ev.
    FHFC wrote: »
    Congratulations. And yes. Do it. You're only young once. One day not long from now you be putting your kids to bed and be so old and square you won't even have a clue what 'Destiny' even is!

There are better things to be doing...
    Like drinking and riding :)
    I guess you could still get a sneaky game of whatever when the kids go to bed, far easier to sneak that in rather than the aforementioned ;)

Go outside Mr. P

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Was tempted to go for ps4 and destiny today too. 399 for both in argos which I assume is a good deal.

It seems to be the same price in Smyths and Gamestop too so a fairly standard price for the bundle. Considering the console on its own costs 399 anyway getting a €70 game for free seems decent.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Sorry if I'm too late to save your money.
    By all means pick up a PS4 - quality console(as is the xbox one), but make sure destiny is the kind of game you're into.
    I played the beta and for a while I was day one buying this game.
    However, played it for a good while and realised it offered not a lot in gameplay.

Make sure you check out game play vids before buying.
    I don't think its the game it's made out to be.

This is of course, my opinion.

OOOOH look at me I'm doing a dissertation..

Just kidding Prodston, congrats on getting it done :pac: Couldn't put myself through a masters, got a job instead! :D

• Advertisement

Fair play to you Mr P. Like some of the other oul fella's above I have no idea what this destiny thing is, I played quite a bit of FIFA, Tiger Woods and an awful lot of Madden's football when I was in college but PS2 was the last console(is that word old fashioned) I played on. I suppose you might as well enjoy those games while you still can.
    Are you now seeking employment???

Danger781 wrote: »
    OOOOH look at me I'm doing a dissertation..

Just kidding Prodston, congrats on getting it done :pac: Couldn't put myself through a masters, got a job instead! :D

Same here, the thoughts of another year in college were painful, delighted to have finished the degree this year! I think i'm correct in thinking Mr P is a fair bit younger then myself though, not that that takes away from how impressive attaining masters qualification is, just that i'm too old to spend any more time in a full time classroom environment myself!

I am beginning a night course in "Human Computer Interaction" next month though... sounds wrong but looking forward to it!

Fair play to you Mr P. Like some of the other oul fella's above I have no idea what this destiny thing is, I played quite a bit of FIFA, Tiger Woods and an awful lot of Madden's football when I was in college but PS2 was the last console(is that word old fashioned) I played on. I suppose you might as well enjoy those games while you still can.
    Are you now seeking employment???

Would have been a Grand Theft Auto fan myself. Sadly I actually remember playing GTA One, the original top down view jobbie.

That and Championship Manager of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,533 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Cm 01/02? Best ever

KevIRL wrote: »
    Cm 01/02? Best ever

Was more like 97 but I remember having that 01/02 version all right. Probably thellast one I had actually. Got married in '03.. :D

FHFC wrote: »
    Would have been a Grand Theft Auto fan myself. Sadly I actually remember playing GTA One, the original top down view jobbie.

That and Championship Manager of course.

That was an awesome game for its time! I still remember the sheer joy when you ran over a full line of hari krishnas and it shouted out Rampage or something of the sort!

KevIRL wrote: »
    Cm 01/02? Best ever

Football manager for the spectrum 48k is still the best game I've ever played for the sheer enjoyment I got out of it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhas9aWS2F0

Football manager for the spectrum 48k is still the best game I've ever played for the sheer enjoyment I got out of it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhas9aWS2F0

I think we just started the video game nostalgia thread. :D

Sensible Soccer. Keep your FIFA 3d nonsense. Top down view. Tiny dot sized players. Mad swerve you could put on the ball. Best footie game ever.

321863.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

I loved the c64 football game - not sure what it was called but I had it on a cartridge so there was no need to load the game, set up the head with a screwdriver etc.

We are old:o

Everything is so easy these days.

Edit: Just found it:D

• Advertisement

wonski wrote: »
    I loved the c64 football game - not sure what it was called but I had it on a cartridge so there was no need to load the game, set up the head with a screwdriver etc.

We are old:o

Everything is so easy these days.

Edit: Just found it:D

F.uck.... I remember playing that on something all right. But never had fancy cartridges for C64, musta been a tape.

The younger posters are totally lost now..... :pac:

Advertisement