Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What bits did you not understand? (Spoilers for all seasons)

Options
  • 29-09-2013 9:58pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭

The Cousins are first seen in the opening scene of Season 3 as they arrive in an expensive Mercedes at a small village in the Mexican desert where they find men and women crawling on their bellies up a dusty, adobe-lined desert road. The Cousins join them, leading up to a path toward a candlelit shrine to Santa Muerte. The two men rise to their feet. One makes an offering; the other pins something to the shrine: a sketch of "Heisenberg"

Why were "men and women crawling on their bellies up a dusty, adobe-lined desert road" towards a pic of Heisenberg?

The only thing that makes sense is they saw him as some kind of a myth or legend they had to worship.

Anyone?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭RubyRoss

I can't remember now but I thought Hector Salamanca explained at some point why they do that before they assassinate somehow.

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭RubyRoss

It was something like the saint would assist them in their task but they had to prove themselves worthy by crawling and giving gifts - in others words, the difficulty of it proved that they were serious. Some character explained that but I can't remember when.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,936 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

that must be why the two lads failed, they drove past all the locals crawling to the top of the queue and only crawled a little bit themselves!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

They weren't all crawling toward the Walter White photo, just their own - whatever they needed doing - the WW photo was just for the cartel twins.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭IvaBigWun

RubyRoss wrote: »
    It was something like the saint would assist them in their task but they had to prove themselves worthy by crawling and giving gifts - in others words, the difficulty of it proved that they were serious. Some character explained that but I can't remember when.

Eh?

So they were all crawling towards different "saints"?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭tim3000

What happened with Jesse and the ricin and him beating up Saul? They lost me there I thought that Walt swapped it out for salt

no, they were all crawling towards the same saint, but each one had their own reason for crawling. the brothers were asking for help with killing walter white.

think the wailing wall in jerusalem. everyone who prays there puts a request/hope on a bit of paper and sticks it in the cracks of the wall looking for divine intervention. all praying to the same thing but different requests.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

tim3000 wrote: »
    What happened with Jesse and the ricin and him beating up Saul? They lost me there I thought that Walt swapped it out for salt

When Jesse was about to leave, he copped Hewell must've taken his weed when he bumped into him/patted him down, he made the connection that the Hewell bump also happened seasons ago when he lost the ricin, Fring wasnt a factor at the time so it must've been Walt to put Hewell up to it : Walt took the ricin, Walt poisoned Brock.

It's a bit of a leap but he knows Walt is full of **** so he beats it out of Saul.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,112 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

2 questions from finale...

1. what is the story with
    the watch Walt puts on top of petrol pump?

2. what is the story with
    Jesse the carpenter scene?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

2. what is the story with
    Jesse the carpenter scene?

From an earlier episode:
    Group Leader: Jesse, last time, you seemed down about your job at the Laundromat. Let me ask something, if you had the chance to do anything you wanted, what would you do?

Jesse Pinkman: Make more green, man. A lot more.

Group Leader: Forget about money. Assume you have all you want.

Jesse Pinkman: I don't know. I guess I would make something.

Group Leader: Like what?

Jesse Pinkman: I don't know if it even matters, but... work with my hands, I guess.

Group Leader: Building things, like carpentry or bricklaying or something?

Jesse Pinkman: I took this vo-tech class in high school, woodworking. I took a lot of vo-tech classes, because it was just big jerk-off, but this one time I had this teacher by the name of... Mr... Mr. Pike. I guess he was like a Marine or something before he got old. He was hard hearing. My project for his class was to make this wooden box. You know, like a small, just like a... like a box, you know, to put stuff in. So I wanted to get the thing done as fast as possible. I figured I could cut classes for the rest of the semester and he couldn't flunk me as long as I, you know, made the thing. So I finished it in a couple days. And it looked pretty lame, but it worked. You know, for putting in or whatnot. So when I showed it to Mr. Pike for my grade, he looked at it and said: "Is that the best you can do?" At first I thought to myself "Hell yeah, bitch. Now give me a D and shut up so I can go blaze one with my boys." I don't know. Maybe it was the way he said it, but... it was like he wasn't exactly saying it sucked. He was just asking me honestly, "Is that all you got?" And for some reason, I thought to myself: "Yeah, man, I can do better." So I started from scratch. I made another, then another. And by the end of the semester, by like box number five, I had built this thing. You should have seen it. It was insane. I mean, I built it out of Peruvian walnut with inlaid zebrawood. It was fitted with pegs, no screws. I sanded it for days, until it was smooth as glass. Then I rubbed all the wood with tung oil so it was rich and dark. It even smelled good. You know, you put nose in it and breathed in, it was... it was perfect.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

I don't understand how the world got to know that Walter was Heisenberg.

How come his face was on the tv and in newspapers etc?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

marie and skylar told the police....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭bur

That was actually a continuity error that they had to fix. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

marie and skylar told the police....
    Yeah with zero evidence? The DEA had pretty much NOTHING on Walt but accusations from Marie and Skylar.

Crucifix wrote: »
    From an earlier episode:
    Group Leader: Jesse, last time, you seemed down about your job at the Laundromat. Let me ask something, if you had the chance to do anything you wanted, what would you do?

Jesse Pinkman: Make more green, man. A lot more.

Group Leader: Forget about money. Assume you have all you want.

Jesse Pinkman: I don't know. I guess I would make something.

Group Leader: Like what?

Jesse Pinkman: I don't know if it even matters, but... work with my hands, I guess.

Group Leader: Building things, like carpentry or bricklaying or something?

Jesse Pinkman: I took this vo-tech class in high school, woodworking. I took a lot of vo-tech classes, because it was just big jerk-off, but this one time I had this teacher by the name of... Mr... Mr. Pike. I guess he was like a Marine or something before he got old. He was hard hearing. My project for his class was to make this wooden box. You know, like a small, just like a... like a box, you know, to put stuff in. So I wanted to get the thing done as fast as possible. I figured I could cut classes for the rest of the semester and he couldn't flunk me as long as I, you know, made the thing. So I finished it in a couple days. And it looked pretty lame, but it worked. You know, for putting in or whatnot. So when I showed it to Mr. Pike for my grade, he looked at it and said: "Is that the best you can do?" At first I thought to myself "Hell yeah, bitch. Now give me a D and shut up so I can go blaze one with my boys." I don't know. Maybe it was the way he said it, but... it was like he wasn't exactly saying it sucked. He was just asking me honestly, "Is that all you got?" And for some reason, I thought to myself: "Yeah, man, I can do better." So I started from scratch. I made another, then another. And by the end of the semester, by like box number five, I had built this thing. You should have seen it. It was insane. I mean, I built it out of Peruvian walnut with inlaid zebrawood. It was fitted with pegs, no screws. I sanded it for days, until it was smooth as glass. Then I rubbed all the wood with tung oil so it was rich and dark. It even smelled good. You know, you put nose in it and breathed in, it was... it was perfect.

You left out the last few lines for some reason?
    Group Leader: What happened to the box?
    Jesse Pinkman: I... I gave it to my mom.
    Group Leader: Nice. You know what I'm gonna say, don't you? It's never too late. They have art co-ops that offer classes, adult extension program at the University.
    Jesse Pinkman: You know, I didn't give the box to my mom. I traded it for an ounce of weed.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

bur wrote: »

What was the error?

godtabh wrote: »
    What was the error?

In episode 5.01, he's not wearing a watch in the diner scene.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

The watch was a gift from Jesse.

Leaving it behind, I assume that fact he still wore it to that point was to show he didn't really hate Jesse?

they filmed the bit in the restaurant (start of season 5) before the last episode and walt wasn't wearing the watch, just by accident. it was, as time goes, after the scene at the petrol station on the way back to ABQ so when they figured it out, they just made a point of showing that he had taken it off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Crackle

Holsten wrote: »
    Yeah with zero evidence? The DEA had pretty much NOTHING on Walt but accusations from Marie and Skylar.
    His face and name would have been put out after he took Holly, plus he would have been wanted in connection with the disappearance (and presumed murders) of two DEA agents.

Plus, you also have the phonecall to Skyler.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭Shout Dust

Why people moan about having to watch Dexter after Breaking Bad, why bother watching a show that you think its ****?

And why people are putting spoiler tags in this thread when there's a spoiler warning in the thread title

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭JoseJones

Why did he poison Brock? My memory is a bit sketch on those episodes but I remember being confused by the whole thing!

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭penzo

JoseJones wrote: »
    Why did he poison Brock? My memory is a bit sketch on those episodes but I remember being confused by the whole thing!

walt tricked jessie into thinking it was gus to get him back on his side

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭penzo

there's 3 things I would have liked to have known tho but really it's doesnt affect the storyline that much or anything

who gus was or who he was connected to that made the cartel spare his life in the flashback.

how walt poisoned brock and if brock thought it was him as he was acting sort of weird around him.

a bit more background on walt and gretchen and the early grey matter days.

but it doesn't wreck my head or anything, just everything they done so far was brilliant so just want more cos i'm greedy !

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Shout Dust wrote: »
    Why people moan about having to watch Dexter after Breaking Bad, why bother watching a show that you think its ****?

It was also the final season. Most were watching to see how it ended. If it wasnt the final season I'd have stopped after three or four episodes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭NicoleL88

The only thing I'm left wondering is, did Todd shoot Brock too?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

NicoleL88 wrote: »
    The only thing I'm left wondering is, did Todd shoot Brock too?

No, Todd just shot Andrea, to teach Jesse a lesson for trying to escape. They left Brock alive so Uncle Jack's gang still had something to keep Jesse in line (he still had someone to lose)

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭tim3000

jaykhunter wrote: »
    When Jesse was about to leave, he copped Hewell must've taken his weed when he bumped into him/patted him down, he made the connection that the Hewell bump also happened seasons ago when he lost the ricin, Fring wasnt a factor at the time so it must've been Walt to put Hewell up to it : Walt took the ricin, Walt poisoned Brock.

It's a bit of a leap but he knows Walt is full of **** so he beats it out of Saul.

Thanks that cleared it up for me :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

bur wrote: »

I don't get this. He drove 30 hours, I don't think people would have cared if he didn't have the watch by the time he got to New Hampshire. If they really wanted to fix it they could have just shown it in the background.

While it may have been inspired by an attempt to fix a continuity error, I think there is more significance given that it was a gift from Jesse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭LionelNashe

[/SPOILER]

I think it was part of a trail of breadcrumbs that he was leaving for the cops, like the way he showed his New Hampshire drivers licence to the Denny's waitress and left the New Hampshire car in the parking lot, even though the cops knew he had been in New Hampshire.

Advertisement