Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Munster v Dragons Musgrave Park KO 18:45 on RTE 19.25

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

Really fizzling out, doesn't look like we'll get a bonus point now. Hopefully we get a 3rd try at least.

Very stop-start 2nd half, poor enough fare.

POM deserved MotM. Defence was much improved, Dineen put in a big shift defensively, won a huge amount of turnovers from the choke tackle too, Earls and Dougall were particularly prominent in them.

Wasted lots of chances though, had enough good possession to get a BP. Still, you'd think as we get closer to our strongest team, we'll get more and more fluidity.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,840 ✭✭✭budhabob

Scrum looked very strong also.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

That was fairly abject.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

Why was RTE 20 minutes behind?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Grimebox wrote: »

They would have had to cut off the hurling post-match analysis early.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,668 ✭✭✭Mahatma Geansai

Grimebox wrote: »

Delayed coverage due to the GAA. I forgot how much Hook annoyed me.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 75 ✭✭cabrasnake

Main problem with Munster is they treat the Pro Rabies league games like training matches - big lack of intensity. Excepting games v the Goys from D4.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

The problem with Munster is they always try and walk it in.

Thought Sheridan was poor enough today. Expect more from him.

Scrum was excellent, both Ryan and Cronin were good around the field too. Strong lineout aswell, maul was fantastic. Defence was much improved. Plenty of things to take from it imo.

Today showed why I'd love to see Earls at full-back. He's a good distributor and when he gets hands on the ball a lot, he can cause damage, he can break the line. However, at 13, he probably holds onto the ball a bit too much, he's able to pass well, but sometimes holds onto it too long. But the more he gets the ball, the more linebreaks he'll makes. And while he's a fantastic finisher, he has the aerial ability and kicking game to slot in perfectly at 15.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,038 ✭✭✭✭phog

Fairly unconvincing win, very stop start game and still way too many errors.

Positives for me were our maul, competing their lineout, our scrums and seeing Jones back from injury.

For those of you in TV land were either of the sin innings off for 10mins? Going by the clock in Musgrave Park the 1st guy went off at 47 mins but the replacement for the 2nd guy was back before 57 mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,817 ✭✭✭nerd69

Hagz wrote: »
    The problem with Munster is they always try and walk it in.

what was he thinking sending stander on that early:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭Ugo Monye spacecraft experience

Saw this last night. Pretty meh display

POM was everywhere, head and shoulders over any other Munster player in the pack really. Cronin looks like a great player and I think he could well push Killer for a starting spot by the end of the season

Great to see Earls back playing regularly

With my red hat firmly back on after my trip to the RDS, I'd love to see Keith rip it up next week against Leinster

• Registered Users Posts: 24,038 ✭✭✭✭phog

Saw this last night. Pretty meh display

POM was everywhere, head and shoulders over any other Munster player in the pack really. Cronin looks like a great player and I think he could well push Killer for a starting spot by the end of the season

I haven't seen it all on tv yet but at the game I thought all our pack were good especially Foley, Dougal and Butler. John Ryan deserves a mention too but Cronin did outshine him.

Advertisement