Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finn "Prince Devitt" Bálor Thread (Raw Spoilers ahoy!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,857 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Anyone else find his screams/shouts really weird?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭sirmanga

Finn doesn't have much dynamism about him.
    And in the Survivor Series match, he looked tiny. Especially when Cena held him like a child.
    He is an IC title guy at most. Don't get the hype at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

sirmanga wrote: »
    Finn doesn't have much dynamism about him.
    And in the Survivor Series match, he looked tiny. Especially when Cena held him like a child.
    He is an IC title guy at most. Don't get the hype at all.

Sub to New Japan World, and watch back his New Japan stuff, that's where the hype comes from, he's being wasted in WWE.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,552 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I like Finn but I'm pleased that match with Brock is off. I couldn't buy him as a credible threat to Brock, and certainly not now after the way Kane destroyed him with ease. Sticking on some paint wouldn't have changed that.

I think he needs a heel turn. Stick him with Gallows and Anderson who are floundering and see if the three of them can ignite a bit of buzz.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,093 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Eddie beat Brock so did Angle, Finn would be a little taller than Eddie maybe not as built but similar style Brock is just set up as rarely beatable but he has lost to smaller men, it would be a massive surprise to see Finn take a hiding but still topple Brock.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,020 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

He has been in dead feuds with Elias and the abysmal Bray and got squashed by ****ing Kane, of course he isn't over, but heh wins and losses don't matter:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Finn has suffered the same fate as a slew of recent NXT call ups. Off the top of my head, Nakamura, Roode, Bayley and Balor were all introduced to the main roster as something special from NXT, but fans who don't watch NXT were never given much of a reason to care.

None of the above have done anything on the main roster to give fans a reason to care. As a heel, Samoa Joe has fared better than the above, and at least has a reasonably defined character. Asuka seems to be getting a better introduction too, with video packages leading to her debut, and now being strongly booked. Let's see how long that lasts though.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,147 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Finn is grand.

Right now he is not the favoured guy to face Brock, I am not surprised by that since Brock faced AJ in a competitive bout and AJ would be like Finn in many ways.

It wouldn't surprise me to see Finn head to Smackdown soon in a trade. Probably better off away from RAW, they can't ignore Braun, Shield won't stay together for long.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

His problem is too many fecking kicks. I'm watching the Balor x Samoa Joe match now and he's literally got about 6 moves that are kicks in a row. Needs a change of moveset pronto. He's really good at loads of things I don't know why he's insisting on this one note performance every single match. Like there's nothing for the other guy to do in this situation either except fall over so it doesn't even matter who he's wrestling.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,086 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

I don't agree with the "watch back his New Japan stuff" narrative.

Look at AJ - he's raised the bar from his NJPW performances and is light years ahead of Finn.

The demon thing is a poisoned chalice. People love it, but 95% of the time when he isn't dressed up, folks will just think "meh".

At Survivor Series in particular, he was lost amongst those stars unfortunately. And he didn't maximise his time in the match. He was as dull as they come.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Finn was a bit plain in new japan untill he turned heel with the bullet club and did his best stuff.

But wwe right now are terrible at getting faces over right now

sky88 wrote: »
    Finn was a bit plain in new japan untill he turned heel with the bullet club and did his best stuff.

But wwe right now are terrible at getting faces over right now

Heel is will get you over, face will get you booed.

Even Daniel Bryan got over thank to his heel work where he took the piss out of himself and had a pile of fun on TV with Kane.

AJ Styles is now universally liked because he nailed his heel run.

They should book most of them in a way that makes them look good and let people cheer who they want. People have no bother choosing sides for a UFC or boxing bout.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Look at AJ - he's raised the bar from his NJPW performances and is light years ahead of Finn.

Styles was always one of the best wrestlers in the world for like 13 years.
    I think his natural ability helps. He's light years ahead of the rest of the WWE roster.
    Had a fun run as a heel even if he was jobbed out too often the last year or so. Advantage Styles has is he's more used to working different (pardon the pun) styles in front of different audiences.
    AJ skipping NXT was a huge plus too; feck all genuine character development there & the only significant thing most gain is a good entrance theme. AJ from the second he debuted was over instantly. Didn't need to take dumbass pictures for social media with HHH or Regal after winning a title.
    Finn was over initially as he was treated like a big deal but a big injury (which never helps in Vince's eyes) followed by a return where they didn't know what to do with him was a huge red flag.
    A heel turn might help as WWE don't know how to push faces without making them look like idiots or irrelevant in certain instances.

Given Gallows / Anderson are at the depths of despair as well, there's no better time than have them turn heel.

Perhaps give it until the Royal Rumble, and have them interfere to help Finn win the whole thing.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,887 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Yea i tink a heel turn with Gallows/Anderson would be good. Even a programme against the shield would be good to get them over (although they would need to make Roman look strong)

if Roman doesn't go through with Brock at Mania (we live and hope), then they could do the Club vs Shield for IC / Tag Titles in a winner takes all match. Provided Ambrose / Rollins get them back.

Endless options.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

A reunion with Gallows and Anderson and an interpromotional match against The New Day at Mania would be fine by me. I love Finn but he does need a heel turn. A move to Smackdown along with his BC buds after Mania and a potential feud with AJ seems an easy way to go. Could also do Balor vs Nak on Smackdown and if they actually plan things out I can see Zayn and Owens being turned face by the time Mania 35 rolls around and a face Owens vs heel Balor could be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,425 ✭✭✭The White Feather

Fantastic tweet from Finn!

https://twitter.com/FinnBalor/status/933428480234180608

Note the upper case characters!

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 60,367 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Balor Club could do with a few more actual wrestling members.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,911 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

look at our other Irish hero Sheamus, the man has won numerous titles including world titles, tag titles, mid card titles, a KOTR and a Royal Rumble in his career so far and has been both face and heel. He was/is booked well overall (some bits may of been iffy like some of the King Sheamus stuff and his debut ECW run) and prob has a few years left.

Finn might just need more time on the main roster and who knows what would of happened if he didn't get injured after winning the universal title. it would be a massive shame if he left WWE In the next year or 2 not reaching his potential. Finn has so many potential feuds in the next few years

Balor vs Alisater Black/Nakamura/Styles/Adam Cole/Strong/Rollins/Ambrose/Roode/KO/Zayn among others

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

He's right, he's not over.

Acceptance is the first step.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

keep tweeting **** like that and he's just Zack Ryder

keep tweeting **** like that and he's just Zack Ryder

He has used twitter to make light of 'newz' for a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,115 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Great video made by someone on r/squaredcircle...

https://streamable.com/rr8kw

Never seen the close-up of him popping his shoulder back in. Some Lethal Weapon shít.

Really hope he can turn it around or WWE give him the chance to. Whichever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

People will care if you make them want to care. His match against Styles and his brief flirtation with Naka are two examples of putting him in an exciting scenario and the fans duly responding.

The reality is that it's only the rare beasts that stay over even in spite of poor, even contemptuous, booking. Bryan was the last of that breed.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

• Registered Users Posts: 5,425 ✭✭✭The White Feather

Finn went with Cathy Kelley to the recent Knicks v Lakers game at MSG. Looks like they are still together!

https://twitter.com/CometCoil/status/940772609066700800

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

I've been noticing lately through his Instagram that Finn is starting to look a bit unnatural. Smaller version of Mahal essentially. For fear of a leggo lecture he's either living like a monk permanently in the gym or something else is at play.

P.s. bet when you saw this thread bumped you feared the worst so apologies. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I've been noticing lately through his Instagram that Finn is starting to look a bit unnatural. Smaller version of Mahal essentially. For fear of a leggo lecture he's either living like a monk permanently in the gym or something else is at play.

P.s. bet when you saw this thread bumped you feared the worst so apologies. :pac:

Funny you mention it as he only posted this to Instagram yesterday.

https://instagram.com/p/BgKaAoan4r3/

He tagged a few gyms and the performance centre. So I imagine he’s living in the gym these days. He’d hardly bring attention to it if it was something else.

Advertisement