Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 4 Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

Sparks wrote: »
    That you did I think (had I just run out of ammo after another rush on locker as support?), but didn't I C4 you off one of the towers on Rogue Transmission after parachuting in from the gunship? :D

No, I think it was on the forest/tank factory map. I've played nearly 25 hours and still can't remember the map names :D

For the moment I'm only playing at weekends. I just added ya on Battlelog :)

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

No, I think it was on the forest/tank factory map.
    Oh, on the roof? Yeah, I was running up behind you to get my knife on and it all went pear-shaped :D Next time I stop being fancy and just take the points with the carbine :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭fergus1001

I believe I blew a Gun_ie away in a corridor cluster fudge on locker granades, granades everywhere!

You probably did, I had only the one round on locker last night (but it was a doozy). Run-n-gun with the M249 (w/stubby&break) and the xm25. I almost had a 3:1 k/d ratio by the end because everyone would stack up at an entrance to C and nobody'd run in, so you could get in, surprise two, three or even four people with the pointy end before all their mates piled on; and they were also trying to dig in in the corridors between B and C so if you just nipped off to the side, you wound up pointy end to face with a few people :) Thing was, sooner or later you ran out and had to reload and with the 249's reload time, you're toast when that happens :D

(it's Guns_ie btw, same as the website but s/\./_/ )

Ha I remember running around the outside and coming in from behind and four lads there got a dx error just as I was about to knife my first victim :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭James74

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

My opinion on the "netcode" issue, there are obviously some issue's with the client/server communication which can cause some outrageous things to happen in game. But "netcode" is not the ONLY reason people are killed every time. It's just that you are ****e at the game :P I know I do it, I give out about something in the game for the reason I died when I was simply crap in that situation. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

It's strange that I don't rage when I die in BF, or atleast no where near as much as CoD

It's strange that I don't rage when I die in BF, or atleast no where near as much as CoD

I did when I was **** when it first came out, well not rage but just WTF kinda thing. I don't care now, I just get on & enjoy the game :)

• Advertisement

mozattack wrote: »
    Hey guys, in 17 days I will be able to try my first 64 man game... YES!

So to the PC guys here are all maps great on 64 player conquest on BF4. It seems to me that they are apart from O. Locker possibly?

What are the top three conquest large maps?

- Paracel?
    - Zavod?
    - Flood Zone?

Yeah Locker can be a bit of a madhouse with 64 players. The rest are great with 64 players. The only map I don't like is Langcam Dam, not mad on the layout & play on it & most of all the god damn AA ALWAYS just sits in the base out of danger & rapes on the map. No interest in game play like that

You've gotten used to dying. Well, the wellerism was right after all... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

ktulu123 wrote: »
    I did when I was **** when it first came out, well not rage but just WTF kinda thing. I don't care now, I just get on & enjoy the game :)

BF4 is my first battlefield and I'm really enjoying it. Much better when on with a few others but even on your own it's good :)

ktulu123 wrote: »
    Yeah Locker can be a bit of a madhouse with 64 players.
    That's a good thing :D It's so small, it damn near forces the teams into cohesive groups (If you won't work together, I'll just fecking staple you miserable lot together!).
    The only map I don't like is Langcam Dam
    Yeah, that one's a bit of a drag. You're either sniped while running to buildings or you're killed by vehicles. You can sometimes get a bit of fun counter-sniping, but not a whole lot and your "team" invariably scatters to the four winds to complain from various places that there's no backup or cover... :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

mozattack wrote: »
    Hey guys, in 17 days I will be able to try my first 64 man game... YES!

So to the PC guys here are all maps great on 64 player conquest on BF4. It seems to me that they are apart from O. Locker possibly?

What are the top three conquest large maps?

- Paracel?
    - Zavod?
    - Flood Zone?

its probably those

Locker is a cluster**** with explosive spam akin to Metro (its better than metro tbf)

Dawnbreaker is meh
    Dam is ok but fairly bland
    Shanghai is grand
    the train one is average imo

cant recall the other two so cant comment

Theres not a terrible map to be fair some average ones but its to be expected*

*I only play CQ and TDM so i cant comment on rush/etc. on those but 64 man rush is a cluster**** as the mode isnt design for massive amounts of players

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Nologogo

Most of the maps seem to have a sweet spot for 48 slot servers.

Paracel, Golmud, and maybe Rogue transmission would be best on 64. The rest are too small (in my opinion of course).

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭battser

I'd say console players going onto next gen are in for a serious wake up call with 64 man games!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭cdb

Obliteration is the bomb!

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Mad_Dave

cdb wrote: »
    Obliteration is the bomb!

Ba dum tss

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭cdb

Mad_Dave wrote: »
    Ba dum tss

I'll get my coat...

• Advertisement

NTMK wrote: »
    Locker is a cluster**** with explosive spam akin to Metro (its better than metro tbf)
    Pah. Just don't go where they throw the grenades. Watch the traffic and step off to the side.
    Dawnbreaker is meh
    Dawnbreaker is worse than meh, it's a complete mess of a map. It's like an unfinished draft of Shanghai. And it's completely possible - I know because I've been in this - for unbalanced servers to lead to ten people in the CN spawn getting hammered by forty-odd people in E on the rooftops and strafing with the helos pretty much continuously, which is a complete drag because there's no way out and you can't really fight your way out with those odds. It's completely spawncamping of course, but it was an official server so nobody could do anything about it (which says something about the "official" tag if you ask me...).

• Registered Users Posts: 13,981 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

The fact that so many people are having these issues is generally enough to say that it's not on the users' end.

Some examples: http://bf4central.com/2013/11/new-videos-show-just-bad-battlefield-4-net-code/

I saw that article the other day. Looks like packet loss from the tx on the client end or the rx on the server. In other games you would be reset back to last known location by the server, in CS Source that involved models on the ground resetting as well. Was quite funny to happen to you. Battlefield seems to compensate for that slightly. If you notice in most of those videos, the target isn't actually doing anything. I'm basing this on the fact that I actually haven't seen the typical warping players that you would normally see in online FPS games with bad connections, unless the server was about to tank. Which has peaked my interest.

Btw, packet loss isn't exactly unusual in modern networks. The only thing that saves games in the small amount of bandwidth needed(in relative terms).

Actually, for anyone who's interested in the topic, there's an only-slightly-techie article on the concepts involved here that's a pretty good read.

I'll be on bf 4 for the evening if anyone is up for a game FERGUSpain is my origin name

Update my video card driver and installed direct x that came with bf4 so see if that does anything :0

fergus1001 wrote: »
    I'll be on bf 4 for the evening if anyone is up for a game FERGUSpain is my origin name

Ah that's who FERUSpain was, you added me on Battlelog & I hadn't accepted yet as I had not seen the name. I'll add you now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

Just got 45 minutes crash and lag free, managed to get about 15000 points and 20 ribbons on TDM, great fun :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

Drexel_1

add me if ya want. im on most nights! Had loads of people from boards added from last year for 3 but only one or two seem to still play

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

That's hilarious :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭battser

Loving the 32 man Gael server. Its a great mix of maps and modes and nothing drags on.

Completed a round with 40k Points which is my first so that was nice :D

Advertisement