Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 4 Chat

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,094 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Lads whats this commander shtuff about?

Im a bit late to the party

You'd need to go all the way back to BF2 to see it. It's a different control interface for the nominated player, giving a birds eye view, and control of assets (arty/missiles), and the issuing of commands to squad leads.

This shows the BF2 interface:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Please God its not like BF2 commanders when they constantly spam "enemy spotted" all map long, jesus that was the single most annoying thing in the history of gaming.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

mozattack wrote: »
    Would have liked revive period to stay at 7 seconds though.

Carrying a defibrillator is effectively pointless at the moment because it's almost impossible to revive people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,001 ✭✭✭fl4pj4ck

why? I didn't have problem with it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

Dcully wrote: »
    Please God its not like BF2 commanders when they constantly spam "enemy spotted" all map long, jesus that was the single most annoying thing in the history of gaming.

enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted enemy spotted

Drove me mad.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,094 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

You forgot the always "humorous" "enemy boat spotted" in desert and urban maps.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

Spear wrote: »
    You'd need to go all the way back to BF2 to see it. It's a different control interface for the nominated player, giving a birds eye view, and control of assets (arty/missiles), and the issuing of commands to squad leads.

This shows the BF2 interface:

Looks fair crap!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

I dont remember it being like that in 2142 hopefully spamming spot will be gone and its up to the people on the ground to spot and the commander to deal with commanding ha, I hope the commander isnt someone on the map that can be killed like the old games.

As for being nominated that will suck for a while unless you have loads of friends on the team to give you the thumbs up. Id say if there isnt a commander on the server you join you can join as one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,001 ✭✭✭fl4pj4ck

Looks fair crap!

yo did notice it's BF2, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

fl4pj4ck wrote: »
    yo did notice it's BF2, right?

Still better looking that the current gen bf3/4 haha;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

interesting change of tone.

Dont know about anyone else, but I was playing with a good few friends on TS some BF3 last night and there was quite a bit of pining for the beta from players.

Which was funny since the people who were missing the beta the most were also among the most vocal criticizing it during the beta.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,762 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    interesting change of tone.

Dont know about anyone else, but I was playing with a good few friends on TS some BF3 last night and there was quite a bit of pining for the beta from players.

Which was funny since the people who were missing the beta the most were also among the most vocal criticizing it during the beta.

Even just reading this thread and seeing the mood change has been interesting. At the start we had people complaining that DICE changed nothing and this is just bf3.5 and they wouldn't buy it, we had others saying they changed everything and ruined it, then we had people complaining about performance saying they wouldn't buy it either.

By the end of the thread / beta pretty much everyone was hooked. Lots of those who swore off it placed pre orders lol

It will happen at launch too people will bitch about the maps and pine for the good old days of bf3.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Hopefully none of this voting off a commander by a group of friends because you would not drop them ammo 10 miles outside a hot zone for stat padding ffs!

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Mad_Dave

It will happen at launch too people will bitch about the maps and pine for the good old days of bf3.

Been playing a bit of BF3 today, and I can say with some certainty I won't !
    Have to say I'm disappointed with the maps they've picked for Second Assault though, Firestorm/Caspian/Metro wouldn't have been my choices at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Mad_Dave wrote: »
    Have to say I'm disappointed with the maps they've picked for Second Strike though, Firestorm/Caspian/Metro wouldn't have been my choices at all.

I'd Take Metro for defs. Then Seine and Damavand Peak(my fav ever)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

Mad_Dave wrote: »
    Have to say I'm disappointed with the maps they've picked for Second Assault though, Firestorm/Caspian/Metro wouldn't have been my choices at all.

if they change metros awful level design to allow an a to c route then it will be an OK pack maps choices were predictable though

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Nologogo

and still manage to put in 800 hours of game time.

Played BF3 last night, it is FAIR FAST in comparison... not a good or bad thing, just an observation.

The problem with going back to BF3 after playing the Beta is that it seems kinda pointless, already rank 100 so BF3 for me for the next few days is just for messing about... C4-ing etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

I can never understand how people get to level 100!! I'm only on 43 and i've put in some amout of hours, how do you guys get there so fast.

Whats the highest rank for BF4? 100?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,123 ✭✭✭game4it70

hallo dare wrote: »

BF4 Ranking
    http://i.imgur.com/AI64R3z.png

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

This time we hop on a Chinese Transport chopper, the Z-9 Haitun. I tea bag some bitches in it :P Enjoy!

Reddit: http://redd.it/1owb2x

hallo dare wrote: »
    I can never understand how people get to level 100!! I'm only on 43 and i've put in some amout of hours, how do you guys get there so fast.

Hallo Dare; speaking for myself, I only play 1 game (BF3 and will be BF4 when out) and played it for 2 years meaning I have around 800 hrs on the clock... sounds a lot but it is "only" 7-8 hrs per week.

With 800 hours you are guaranteed to be a Rank 100... if you are an assault spammer you will get there way faster so you can achieve rank 100 in less than 500 hrs I think quite easily

game4it70 wrote: »
    BF4 Ranking
    http://i.imgur.com/AI64R3z.png[/QUOTE]

I am glad they did this... least now it will be obvious from a shot of the scoreboard who is what instead of this stupid situation where all players are Colonel, albeit seperated by a small number underneath.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Nologogo

They have pushed out the level upgrades a bit haven't they? I mean its going to be a little bit harder to jump up the levels, it'll take more points than in BF3, especially at the start.

I think.

Nologogo wrote: »
    They have pushed out the level upgrades a bit haven't they? I mean its going to be a little bit harder to jump up the levels, it'll take more points than in BF3, especially at the start.

I think.

What is the gap between each grade? More than 230,000 this time? I heard a million, hardly true?

I would then only be rank 25 after 2 yrs of playing !

COD back on time... who cares really:

http://www.vgchartz.com/preorders/41567/USA/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,613 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Having played the beta for a good bit now I can't seem to find any significant difference between BF4 and BF3. The second I went into the match I got about 4 or 5 kills in a row as if I had been playing it forever. Since it's just the beta I'm leaving it as a good excuse. But what changes have they made in this game (game play-wise)?

gamercfc wrote: »
    Having played the beta for a good bit now I can't seem to find any significant difference between BF4 and BF3. The second I went into the match I got about 4 or 5 kills in a row as if I had been playing it forever. Since it's just the beta I'm leaving it as a good excuse. But what changes have they made in this game (game play-wise)?

Even if that was true would it be a bad thing? However some telling changes:

- assault class and medic trains nerfed
    - more attachements/guns
    - better class balance (it seems)
    - vehicle disabling/damage model completely changed
    - 5 man squads
    - commander
    - "levolution"
    - new game modes
    - peaking for cover
    - slower movement for infantry (which is better)

Not sure what people expect here?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,613 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Even if that was true would it be a bad thing? However some telling changes:

- assault class and medic trains nerfed
    - more attachements/guns
    - better class balance (it seems)
    - vehicle disabling/damage model completely changed
    - 5 man squads
    - commander
    - "levolution"
    - new game modes
    - peaking for cover
    - slower movement for infantry (which is better)

Not sure what people expect here?

I suppose not, no. I do enjoy it, nonetheless. Big BF fan here :D

• Advertisement

Question for PC players re frame rate:

PS3, frame rate = 30 FPS
    PS4, frame rate = 60 FPS

PCs vary and thats my point. I hear people saying "my frame rate dropped from 88 to 33 for a while" etc... does that mean the framerate advertised for PS4 should fluctuate in the same manner with the 60 FPS being the max or should it be a solid 60 FPS?

Advertisement