Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 4 Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,762 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

DICE are listening :D and have tweaked a lot, some highlights such as RPG7 and SMAW can no longer lock on to Laser Designated Targets. It was inauthentic and not balanced. Tank main gun aim is fixed to hit what you aim at. Choppers now take 90% damage not 100% to give the chopper a chance to recover. Revive time is up to 10s from 7s. Controller layout you can choose legacy to have your BF3 setup. CPU usage, FPS stuttering and loading screen issues.

Full list is here but it looks like the Beta was a Beta yipee !

http://blogs.battlefield.com/2013/10/thanks-for-bf4-beta-feedback/?utm_campaign=bf-display-us-socom-fb-beta-feedback-blog-101613&utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=display&sourceid=bf-display-us-socom-fb-beta-feedback-blog-101613

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭aindriu80

I opened a thread http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/forum/threadview/2955065215357803832/ but there is not much point complaining because they will never change the fundamentals of the game. Sometimes I think battlefield plays like a shooter in an amusement park with offset sights.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Lovely, I just cancelled my pre order with Origin there. No hassles TBH just some mush via chat and the money will refund in 5-7 days. Gonna order it via simplecdkeys now and hopefully no messing come launch day.

Quick question pal, did you tell them why you cancelled?

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Mad_Dave

Fair play to dice, they seem to have made some good changes based on beta feedback. The only other change I'd have liked to have seen is a tweak to the side mounted heli miniguns, felt like they were a little underpowered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

aindriu80 wrote: »
    I played the BF4 beta on the PS3 and it played like BF3. It was fun but the controls are still ultra frustrating and limited when playing in small areas. I'm thinking of the steam machine as the games (like BF4) might simply play better.

Does anyone else have problems with the PS3 and battlefield ?

Apart from how odd it felt in comparison to BF3 and how much it played like C.O.D. and the drastic sniper aiming.

What sort of problems did you have?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Gehad_JoyRider

I had to order my copy of bf4 for the pc from game stop My download sped is that crap, I'm willing to pay through my noise for it. In stead of having to wait :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,001 ✭✭✭fl4pj4ck

you do know you could just copy it off someone elses hard drive?

fl4pj4ck wrote: »
    you do know you could just copy it off someone elses hard drive?

I dont know any one in the area I live in that can download it that fast and give me a copy.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,094 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

I had to order my copy of bf4 for the pc from game stop My download sped is that crap, I'm willing to pay through my noise for it. In stead of having to wait :(

The inevitable day 1 patch will still need to come through Origin though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

Spear wrote: »
    The inevitable day 1 patch will still need to come through Origin though.

A comple of hundred MB is still quicker to dl than 30GB though

• Advertisement

Who can guess the size of the day one patch????

hallo dare wrote: »
    Who can guess the size of the day one patch????

Im thinking 2563mbs

so are we gonna set up a pot in pay pall and closest person to the number gets the lot 5er entry?

I think that's a bloody good idea. But will we have to categorise it for patch size for PC, PS3 and XBOX?

who cares about consoles :P

Many, many, many more people than care about pc :)
    Just out of interest I looked at how BF3 sold on PC vs. console - to date its around 2.5m PC vs 14m console, fairly evenly split between ps3 and xbox.

Also PS3 day 1 patch 1596mb, count me in for a fiver.

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Nologogo

Mad_Dave wrote: »
    Just out of interest I looked at how BF3 sold on PC vs. console - to date its around 2.5m PC vs 14m console, fairly evenly split between ps3 and xbox.
    That wasn't real BF3 though. It was some mickey mouse trimmed down "BF3-lite". Same name, totally different game.

;)

Thanks to fl4pj4ck for helping :)

Can't seem to imbed youtube videos properly, heres link instead

Pc Elitist :)

use:

[ youtube ]dWiXCPSN350[ /youtube ]

get rid of the extra spaces after and before square brackets

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

aindriu80 wrote: »
    I played the BF4 beta on the PS3 and it played like BF3. It was fun but the controls are still ultra frustrating and limited when playing in small areas. I'm thinking of the steam machine as the games (like BF4) might simply play better.

Does anyone else have problems with the PS3 and battlefield ?

Yes, I really disliked it at first but I got used to it. I think the movement from ADS to hipfiring sensitivity is all over the place in particular.

• Advertisement

Many, many, many more people than care about pc :)

Also PS3 day 1 patch 1596mb, count me in for a fiver.

14m on console and only around 50,000 online... yes it is a lot of people but what did the rest buy the game for? Single player... LMFAO.

Only 6,000 online now on Xbox...

Speaking of single player, I've not seen too much chat about it here, but dice are talking it up a bit. Is anyone else looking forward to it or is battlefield all about multiplayer ?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Only time I will play the single player will be when my internet is down......hopefully if there's not always online drm :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

Here's what the squad leader Q rose will look like when a commander is on the server.
    AsU9MiE.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭aindriu80

hallo dare wrote: »
    Apart from how odd it felt in comparison to BF3 and how much it played like C.O.D. and the drastic sniper aiming.

What sort of problems did you have?

Well I didn't have any problems per se but to sum it all up I would say playing Battlefield for me is still restrictive. I can get around the battlefield but I can't do the stuff I want.

Maybe its the PS3 or the DS3 that is the problem but when I die it is usually because I can't get out of a situation even though I reckon I'm pretty dexterous.

I prefer battlefield to COD. It has better objectives, vehicles, maps etc but there comes a certain point where you can't play your way out of trouble.
    mozattack wrote: »
    Yes, I really disliked it at first but I got used to it. I think the movement from ADS to hipfiring sensitivity is all over the place in particular.

I have gotten used to it and probably won't go back to the previous BF3 legacy controls.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,242 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

14m on console and only around 50,000 online... yes it is a lot of people but what did the rest buy the game for? Single player... LMFAO.

That's cause everyone's playing GTAV
    BF3 is 2 years old and there's a new one coming out in 2 weeks.

I tried playing BF3 after the Beta ended but I had gotten used to the different controls on the BF4 beta so stopped playing and I'll probably wait now until my copy of BF4 arrives from Amazon

• Registered Users Posts: 7,762 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

People don't all play at the same time.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,094 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Singeplayer is just to kill the first few hours while you wait for everyone else to install/patch so there's others on the servers.

What do ye think of the changes implemented post Beta?

To me they sound great, very happy.

I felt the controls on console were weird and maybe it was the aim assist so I am hoping when that is toned down (like it said it will be) the controls will be as good as BF3 (which were basically the best ever FPS controls IMO).

Would have liked revive period to stay at 7 seconds though.

Also think mini-revives should only warrant 20 points, not 100. These are hardly gamechanging though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Lads whats this commander shtuff about?

Im a bit late to the party

Advertisement