Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA V PC - April 14th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭Nodferatu

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Preload starts 7th gives us a week to get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Preload starts 7th gives us a week to get it.

That is great news. I will need every minute of that week.

Anyone know if that preload starts at midnight tonight?

Anyone know if that preload starts at midnight tonight?

Midnight PST

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

1 week :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭Simon201

My preload started but on my UPC 240mb it's going at between 200KB/sec and 3 or 4MB/sec :confused:

ah I don't suppose it matters a great deal at the moment but it is great to have the preload and not to be having to wait 8 hours (at present) to play the game if it was next week!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,503 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

GTX970 arrived a few weeks ago and I got my 4K monitor today. Now to find the HD space...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭ondafly

Simon201 wrote: »
    My preload started but on my UPC 240mb it's going at between 200KB/sec and 3 or 4MB/sec :confused:

ah I don't suppose it matters a great deal at the moment but it is great to have the preload and not to be having to wait 8 hours (at present) to play the game if it was next week!

slow hard-drive ? I'm getting 26.4 MB/S for current 28.0 MB/S for peak. Steam have rolled out plenty of capacity for this.

I still have not got my key yet. So cannot preload. I suppose that is what I get for using a cheap key site.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

You probably won't get it till the day of release if you bought it from G2play or the likes.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

GTX970 arrived a few weeks ago and I got my 4K monitor today. Now to find the HD space...

Niiiiiiice :D

I had planned on owning a 970 too now myself, got hit with some unexpected doctors bills though :( I've got 3 1080 monitors to power with it too...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,601 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Bought my key on some site called game dragons or something, probably a bit dodge, not too sure. Anyway, can I register that with steam? Or will I always have to play GTAV through a separate shortcut.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

Just a reminder to everyone, as per the charter.

Discussion about where or how to get leaked/pirated copies of the game will be actioned with a ban and posts deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

Simon201 wrote: »

ondafly wrote: »
    slow hard-drive ? I'm getting 26.4 MB/S for current 28.0 MB/S for peak. Steam have rolled out plenty of capacity for this.

Spare a thought for us country folk. Currently maxing out my line at a whopping 200 - 300 kbps. Almost 72 hours to download.
    errlloyd wrote: »
    Bought my key on some site called game dragons or something, probably a bit dodge, not too sure. Anyway, can I register that with steam? Or will I always have to play GTAV through a separate shortcut.

Depends on what the key that you bought is for. If it's a Steam key, you should be able to register it with Steam. You can also get a key for the Rockstar Warehouse which I imagine is a standalone version not requiring Steam.
    Keep in mind, you can always add it to Steam later as a "non-Steam game".

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭ondafly

d31b0y wrote: »
    Spare a thought for us country folk. Currently maxing out my line at a whopping 200 - 300 kbps. Almost 72 hours to download.

Who says I'm not country* :pac: I was up in the parents place in Sligo over the weekend, they have 3G hotspot modem. It was like traveling back in time to see how the web used to be.

*may or may not be true

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭jackoire

Got my key from Nuuvem (Rockstar key) for 29 euro. Left it preloading last night and all downloaded this morn :) . It was going less than 200kb/s last night, then jumped to 4.5mb/s so left it finish. Was worried social club would take a week to finish the download.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭Julez

jackoire wrote: »
    Got my key from Nuuvem (Rockstar key) for 29 euro. Left it preloading last night and all downloaded this morn :) . It was going less than 200kb/s last night, then jumped to 4.5mb/s so left it finish. Was worried social club would take a week to finish the download.

Noticed anthing off with Nuuvem? Thinking of going that route myself. You were able to register your key without any issues? Did you ned a VPN to buy or register, or both?

• Registered Users Posts: 53,880 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I cant bloody wait for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭IrishStuff09

*Snip*

No discussion of illegal game copying including torrents

@mods It's not an illegal pirated or leaked copy, this is how CJS CDKeys are distributing the game. I preordered and paid for the game like everybody else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭xtal191

Is Nuuvem the cheapest then?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,079 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

ondafly wrote: »
    Steam have rolled out plenty of capacity for this.

No, they haven't. Valve regularly make use of third party CDNs as their own capacity isn't enough for any release of note, GTAV being no exception.

Julez wrote: »
    Noticed anthing off with Nuuvem? Thinking of going that route myself. You were able to register your key without any issues? Did you ned a VPN to buy or register, or both?

*Snip*
    As per Boards.ie wide rules, there is to be no discussion on how to bypass Geo Restrictions.

*Snip*

No discussion of illegal game copying including torrents
    The torrent is legit, its how CJS are distributing the game due to its huge size.
    http://i.imgur.com/PKnqarh.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,601 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

d31b0y wrote: »

Depends on what the key that you bought is for. If it's a Steam key, you should be able to register it with Steam. You can also get a key for the Rockstar Warehouse which I imagine is a standalone version not requiring Steam.
    Keep in mind, you can always add it to Steam later as a "non-Steam game".

Yeah, my version seemed to use the rockstar warehouse. I thought I was buying the steam one.

xtal191 wrote: »
    Is Nuuvem the cheapest then?

Cheapest I could find it, also includes the bonus. Nuuvem will have a notice on any products that has regional restrictions either does Rockstar restrict keys.

The torrent is legit, its how CJS are distributing the game due to its huge size.
    http://i.imgur.com/PKnqarh.jpg

This is the exact same files from Rockstars preload, just download it from there if you buy the non-steam version as Rockstars downloader is pretty random speeds.

Set steam to manchester seems to give me around 16mb downloads.

All done now, roll on Tuesday :)
    Rm9aWao.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,489 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Advertisement