Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pump impeller melted ideas?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,955 ✭✭✭jimf

hi tpm

just wondering were back to this boiler since

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭TPM

jimf wrote: »
    hi tpm

just wondering were back to this boiler since

I contacted the home owner and they were waiting to hear from the installer before they did any more which is fair enough.

btw i remember that the boiler location is raised in relation to the house and it is quite possible that the pump being mounted at the top of the boiler could leave it the highest pare of the heating system which could easily result in it running dry if there were any leaks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,955 ✭✭✭jimf

TPM wrote: »
    I contacted the home owner and they were waiting to hear from the installer before they did any more which is fair enough.

btw i remember that the boiler location is raised in relation to the house and it is quite possible that the pump being mounted at the top of the boiler could leave it the highest pare of the heating system which could easily result in it running dry if there were any leaks

you would imagine it had to be run dry for a while for that to happen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭scudo2

jimf wrote: »
    you would imagine it had to be run dry for a while for that to happen

I've come across it before, a pocket of air in the pump, no water circulating to disperse heat and clear the tiny air lock, motor over heats and Normaly jam's due to expansion with heat, have seen propeller melted due to this also. Pump location is the only fault I have with Grant's own position for it. I prefer it half way down on the return.

The other seperate problem I've come across is Grant boilers not Totaly level and tilted forward resulting in condesation leaking out the front cleaning door and badly rusting the boiler.

Advertisement