Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HAS THE TIME COME TO SPLIT DUBLIN GAA??

Options
15678911»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

Kildare's population exceeds Limerick's by 20000 meaning Kildare is ranked fourth of the counties that we can compare directly, hardly well down the list of counties by population.

Fair enough, but why eliminate the NI counties?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

prospect wrote: »
    Fair enough, but why eliminate the NI counties?
    I'm not, just saying based on CSO population figures from 2011 Kildare is ranked 4th of 26.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,101 ✭✭✭klairondavis

Just like Dublin, a significant proportion of Kildare's population are people who are originally from other counties. A large percentage of people who have moved to the commuter belt towns like Leixlip, Celbridge, Maynooth and Naas in the last 10-15 years would be Dubliners who have little involvement in, or connection to, the local community.

A large population is an advantage to a county but it also means that these counties have to raise more funds to spend on the infrastructure to support a large number of clubs.

I'm not, just saying based on CSO population figures from 2011 Kildare is ranked 4th of 26.

But there is more than 26 counties in the All Ireland competitions.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭freddiek

what id like to know is, how in the name of God in a 21 page thread, the opening post which was pretty well written/argued, has been thanked only Twice??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Nah don't split it. I'd rather only get hammered by one Dublin team than two thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭8k2q1gfcz9s5d4

Dots1982 wrote: »
    The one thing where smaller counties will never be able to compete with larger counties is the amount of people playing the game.

Dont agree with that, the larger the county/town/city the more distractions there are for children, so a much smaller percentage of the population end up playing gaa. They would probably still end up with a greater population playing gaa, but the amount of players doesn't determine success.

Look at Clare winning the all ireland this year, 95 and 97. or Offaly winning in 94 and 98.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭PRAF

Dont agree with that, the larger the county/town/city the more distractions there are for children, so a much smaller percentage of the population end up playing gaa. They would probably still end up with a greater population playing gaa, but the amount of players doesn't determine success.

Look at Clare winning the all ireland this year, 95 and 97. or Offaly winning in 94 and 98.

I don't think anybody in here is seriously arguing that population and / or the total amount of available players is the only determining factor in terms of All Ireland success. It is one of many factors that contribute to a team / county's success. Some believe it is the most important factor and others think that coaching / structures / etc is the most important factor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 386 ✭✭anbrutog

freddiek wrote: »
    what id like to know is, how in the name of God in a 21 page thread, the opening post which was pretty well written/argued, has been thanked only Twice??

Because it's bigoted anti-Dublin nonsense written under the guise of creating "fairness" within the GAA.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,578 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

So if we win Liam again in the next two years, will people want to handicap us some way too?

edit:that didn't work as well as i'd hoped :o

• Advertisement

So if we win Liam again in the next two years, will people want to handicap us some way too?

edit:that didn't work as well as i'd hoped :o

Can't believe this thread is still going. Beyond pathetic at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,578 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

true, but i doubt anyone's really taken it seriously to begin with

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭coolisin

Ehhhh cause it's your baby, so for example the mother of the baby always thinks the babe looks cute where to every other sane person that baby just looks like Winston Churchills jowls.

coolisin wrote: »
    Ehhhh cause it's your baby, so for example the mother of the baby always thinks the babe looks cute where to every other sane person that baby just looks like Winston Churchills jowls.

Brilliant..

Just actually took a look through his other posts. He seems to have a serious obsession with the Dubs, bordering on the pathological.

anbrutog wrote: »
    Brilliant..

Just actually took a look through his other posts. He seems to have a serious obsession with the Dubs, bordering on the pathological.

ain't just me lads. 21 pages of supporting arguments here. only a handful of posts from me

:P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

Red Crow wrote: »
    No had Mayo not bottled it yesterday they would of won. Dublin are a good side and obviously should have a much better record but they should not be split up.

how do you know? they needed a goal, they were quite are from the goal were kick was being taken
    so your saying if he had of went for the goal and not the point, they would of won? odds of them getting a goal at all in them last few seconds were practically none, seeing as nearly every person on the dub team was blocking the goal, thats a big ball for a small net

• Registered Users Posts: 7,437 ✭✭✭tritium

Because it was rubbish. Two is about the number of people supporting the premise, the rest think its a wind up with an anyone but Dublin agenda

Simples really :)

Because it is 21 pages of people mostly trying to educate you and showing your that your OP was half witted and borderline racist.

ain't just me lads. 21 pages of supporting arguments here. only a handful of posts from me

:P

It is just you. Crawl back to whatever rock you came under where you can crow about garbage like what kind of accent Ray Cosgrove has.

jayzus some of these Dubs arent half sensitive...

borderline racist ROFL!

• Advertisement

jayzus some of these Dubs arent half sensitive...

borderline racist ROFL!

Mate, you're a wum with nothing better to do than than slate Dublin.

You haven't said one thing of any intelligence or offer any insight apart from spit bile about the Dubs.

A trawl through your posts reveals you how pathetic and naked your dislike of us is.

So forgive us if we appear a little "sensitive".

Now, could you kindly f**k off please?

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

I don't see this thread going anyway fast, some good points have been made, but I see it sliding quickly downhill

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement