Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rent allowance not accepted

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Rosier

wonski wrote: »
    Before I post what I post I wanted to assure You I am a tenant at this moment, and was a tennant for last few years. The last thing I would do as a landlord was to let the house / apartment to someone who isn't working. I've seen a lot of houses and apartments (flats would suit better in these cases) where bills were never paid on time, heating was occasional in the winter, and rent (again) was never paid on time. Having a tenant who does nothing for living isn't exactly what most landlords want. Because even if the rent is paid, this doesn't change the fact that some will struggle to keep the house in good shape, not to mention "some" will spend 100% of their time in the property - wear and tear x2!. Decent families are being punished for the sins of few, but you can't blame landlords for this. I know of few places in Naas where the asking price for monthly rent was raised only to get rid of people on rent allowance - this was admitted by an agent, and the rent was actually lower than the one in the ad. Don't blame the landlords people, blame the people who ruined it for everyone else.

Interesting angle. Not sure I understand re "heating occasional"

My rent is paid on time by standing order and my bills get paid on time..

I am a pensioner and am rarely out; before that I was disabled (still am) so again was actually housebound for long periods...on Rent Allowance these last years. Have had to move often because of the condition of the houses that were all I could get on RA. Most places the furniture is frankly junk. Stuff the ll had thrown out, and would not pay to dump.

So to read this post does not sit well with me as not with so many others.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 deni21

I am the same I can't find anywhere that accepts rent allowance so I'm trying to find someone to live with its 450month bills are pay as you go this place is too good I don't won't to give it up unless I have to 2 beds 1 single 1 double

Advertisement