Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football Tips Thread V

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Dont like the Degerfors odds.

Yes it is near top vs near bottom but Orgryte only lost once in their last 5.
    Had draws away at Gais, Hammarby and Sundsvall, just below and just above Degerfors in the ranking.

Great home record for Degerfors but 2 of the only 3 matches they dropped points at home were in the last 5 home matches.

Tricky for @1.5

• Registered Users Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭Colonialboy

taken from Tips Thread IV,

some singels,doubles and a accum
    Southampton win 6/1 - Liverpool have to be found out sometime
    Sturridge anytime evs - he is on fire and was hungry for the ball and took up great positions and runs against Swansea,
    Lambert anytime 3/1 - Im old fashioned he reminds me of 80s centre forwards, skillful yet tough, and think he will be fighting for the plane for Rio so will want to score as often as possible
    Munster (-4) 10/11 (playing away in Italy, they won there last Friday and have stayed in Italy for the week on a training camp so will be well prepared)
    Yeovil unders - strong well organised team punching above their weight in Championship , just like them cos of their Irish connections
    Crawley btts - they just seem to be lots of goals in their games
    Watford overs - free flowing team managed by Zola, you score 2 we will score 3
    Everton win - after watching the documentary last night of Swanse rise from Div4 > Premiership and the part Martinez played, I would really rate him, Everton for top 4

Could have been a great weekend if Munster hadnt blown a 10 point lead Taking some of the winnings for

Leyton Orient 2/1 to beat Brentford, great price for a team top of their lge
    Monaco,
    Real
    Napoli , mid week 4/5

Thinking of putting something on Everton for top 4

• Registered Users Posts: 6,293 ✭✭✭Dio On The Doubles

No go here Salt Lake lost 2 1.. Was wondering why the odds were so high considering the stats. Must be something up on the camp.

Really like the AC Milan red card 11/2 considering the card history in this encounter and the fact that Milan are missing so many with Napoli in fine form.

Also I see the odds on Sevilla have dropped to 2/1 area from 3/1. Considering how bad Valencia were against Swansea I think Sevilla are worth a go.

Took a four fold today for a fiver

Rooney anytime
    AC red card
    Red Bull Salzburg game over 2.5 goals
    Sevilla

88/1

Good luck with any bets going all.

Win on the Rooney anytime and Red Bull over 2.5

Milan got a red card after the final whistle and was still marked as a win in my account. Handy to know for again I thought it would be a loss outside 90 minutes.

88/1 blown by Valencia turning things around :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

Win on the Rooney anytime and Red Bull over 2.5

Milan got a red card after the final whistle and was still marked as a win in my account. Handy to know for again I thought it would be a loss outside 90 minutes.

88/1 blown by Valencia turning things around :mad:

Man if you took singles instead of doubling up everything you'd make a killing, suppose its in your username though :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,293 ✭✭✭Dio On The Doubles

P.Walnuts wrote: »
    Man if you took singles instead of doubling up everything you'd make a killing, suppose its in your username though :p

Yeah I am prone to the risk factor, especially with this username :pac: to be honest I just decided to throw a fiver at the four fold for interest cause the results have been all over the shop lately, kinda of put me off backing any singles properly for a while. I reckon I'll go back for some medium stake singles this weekend though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

inforfun wrote: »
    Dont like the Degerfors odds.

Yes it is near top vs near bottom but Orgryte only lost once in their last 5.
    Had draws away at Gais, Hammarby and Sundsvall, just below and just above Degerfors in the ranking.

Great home record for Degerfors but 2 of the only 3 matches they dropped points at home were in the last 5 home matches.

Tricky for @1.5

Any thoughts on some of these matches? I imagine any value is going to be hard to come by but surely there must be a few easy handicap and overs markets that might be worth covering.

Dutch FA Cup

Samba wrote: »
    Any thoughts on some of these matches? I imagine any value is going to be hard to come by but surely there must be a few easy handicap and overs markets that might be worth covering.

Dutch FA Cup

What you should look for is Top Klasse vs Jupiler league. One that immediatly caught my eye has actually not much value. Hoped to see @4 for Capelle to beat Almere but it seems the bookies are better informed than i hoped.
    @2.88 isnt worth the gamble

Ijsselmeervogels - Helmond > IJ'vogels might surprise here. Unfortunately it is now more legend than real but IJ'Vogels used to be a real cup fighter, even made it to the semi's once. But that was ages ago.

This just after heaving a quick scan... will be looking into it a bit more i nthe next days and see if we can see some hammerings as well. doubt there will be excessive goal lines up for pre bets though.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭ItAintMeBabe

Leyton Orient (+1) 4/6 with PP, seems alright

inforfun wrote: »
    What you should look for is Top Klasse vs Jupiler league. One that immediatly caught my eye has actually not much value.

More or less what I was planning but probably best to keep an eye on them for some in play action, no idea how the big teams approach it in terms of fielding their best starting XI etc.

Ljungskile DNB @ 2.11,

Varbergs are on a horrible run of home form and they haven't managed to bag 3 points from a home fixture since May! Ljungskile on the other hand have been looking quite sharp on the road bagging 9 points from 12 from their most recent away fixtures, they took 3 points off Hammarby too.

Small single on Ljungskile DNB @ 2.11

More or less what I was planning but probably best to keep an eye on them for some in play action, no idea how the big teams approach it in terms of fielding their best starting XI etc.

The cup is taken serious by all clubs. It is the shortest way to European football.
    So dont expect any "Meh, it is only the cup" approaches.
    So the bigger teams might make some changes when they play amateurs but these would still be the players who would be used as back up in case of injuries anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

I don't get it.

Boylesports are a higher price on the Leyton Orient win and the draw compared to Paddy Power, but it's the same odds on both for Double chance and Paddy Power is actually better odds on Leyton Orient DNB.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Avfctom

both teams to score leyton orient to win 5/1

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Sure go on .

Orient to win 12/5 - €10
    Both to score + Orient win @ 9/2 - €10
    And Orient -1 for the lolz - €5

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,400 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

I'm aboard the Orient Express :) aswell but I'm sure I heard in the radio that they haven't beaten them away in something like 50 years:eek:...hope I heard it wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

I guess I am going against most here... on a Brentford Win @ 2.30.

Orient are on a great run, but have not played many top teams yet... Looking at this years, and last years table, they have mostly beaten teams that end up end the lower half of the table in 2012/13.

Carlisle United 17th last year
    Shrewsbury Town 16th last year
    Stevenage 18th last year
    Crewe Alexandra 13th last year
    Colchester United 20th last year
    Port Vale Promoted from League 2
    Notts County 12th last year

Brentford was 3rd last year - and will be a much bigger task

Also on Donaldson Anytime @ 3.10, as I think he is a great player. Had an eye on him all last season, and had a few wins.

I hate going against the fourm, but was set on this bet before I read up on here.

Good Luck all!

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭deckycoop

Brentford vs Leyton Orient
    Anytime Goalscorer - David Mooney
    12/5

7 goals from 7 starts.. hes on form and leyton are playing very well this season

Ljungskile DNB @ 2.11,

Varbergs are on a horrible run of home form and they haven't managed to bag 3 points from a home fixture since May! Ljungskile on the other hand have been looking quite sharp on the road bagging 9 points from 12 from their most recent away fixtures, they took 3 points off Hammarby too.

Small single on Ljungskile DNB @ 2.11

Varbergs 0 - 4 Ljungskile

The home form rut continues for Verbergs, Ljungskile netted 4 in the 2nd half.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭BBoyle88

Lovely win with Madrid -2/Munich -1 double :) nice one

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

If I drank, I would down a few right now

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,400 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Lots of happy punters in here tonight I think!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Soby wrote: »
    Sure go on .

Orient to win 12/5 - €10
    Both to score + Orient win @ 9/2 - €10
    And Orient -1 for the lolz - €5

And the lolz was had :P

Leyton Orient 2/1 to beat Brentford, great price for a team top of their lge

glad to see so many on the Orient express..
    watched the second half, in fairness they are a good side, big physical side, wont get pushed around in League 1, but are trying to play ball and have very good forwards who play well off eachother and have a good team spirit.
    I think I will be on them again, going for the record 9 wins in a row.

Soby wrote: »
    And the lolz was had :P
    what price was the -1 ... fair play

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭deckycoop

deckycoop wrote: »
    Brentford vs Leyton Orient
    Anytime Goalscorer - David Mooney
    12/5

7 goals from 7 starts.. hes on form and leyton are playing very well this season

Boom.

8from 8.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Toobz

Norwich are 2/1 to beat Watford tonight...thoughts on a lump?

Toobz wrote: »
    Norwich are 2/1 to beat Watford tonight...thoughts on a lump?

Capital One cup = wait for line ups

The 16.30 at Lingfield, Luckster @8/1 looks a good each/way punt

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Anything standing out in the Cup 2night?

City look too big at 2/7 with PP to beat a weary wigan. Dzeko, Milner, Jovetic, Richards to come in. HT/FT 4/6 with PP looks the bet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭Corkbah

Shane St. wrote: »
    Anything standing out in the Cup 2night?

plenty of money going against Norwich .... i don't know why they have a few players capable of getting a result and are not playing badly.

and money going on sunderland - no manager, players all want to impress any new manager and stay in the cup

Advertisement