Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football Tips Thread V

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

Crewe v Rochdale
    Rochdale goals over 1.5 11/8

Football league trophy tomorrow night i don't know how serious both teams are taking this but Rochdale went till Crewe 2 weeks ago and beat them 5-2.

Crewe have conceded at least 2 goals in all 7 games so far

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭jjll

bgrove wrote: »
    Well spotted...I find it hard to gather the courage to back in the lesser known leagues.

Thanks saw a stupid thing on net saying the army x1 in calcutta league have alot of indian national players alot of national players are doing national sevice

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

MOD:

Had to delete some posts as it was random chat and live betting.

Please not this thread is for tips.
    Bets you have researched in other words.
    Not stuff you bet on because your right testicle tells you to do so.
    Or right boob.

That is where the live thread and/or the Daily bets and banter are for.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭bradlente

Quality control FTW

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭jjll

Sothend 15/8 to beat afc wimbledon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Austria!

United have a lot of quality up front to accomodate. Only Falcao is an out and out striker. A lot of talk about Rooney dropping into midfield or in the hole. RVP has some knee issues at the moment and has only had two injury free seasons in about 8 years. So Falcao is the hot favourite to be United's top scorer? Sure, unless you work for William Hill.

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/football-specials/falcao/goalscorer-match-bet

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/robin-van-persie-injury-fears-4145108

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭clickerquicklic

Austria! wrote: »
    United have a lot of quality up front to accomodate. Only Falcao is an out and out striker. A lot of talk about Rooney dropping into midfield or in the hole. RVP has some knee issues at the moment and has only had two injury free seasons in about 8 years. So Falcao is the hot favourite to be United's top scorer? Sure, unless you work for William Hill.

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/football-specials/falcao/goalscorer-match-bet

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/robin-van-persie-injury-fears-4145108

I think Falcao is seriously over rated , I will be backing against his goals this season , I've already backed 1.5 and 1.66 on Costa outscoring ,the head trader at pinnacle wrote a good article on Falcao, I agree Wellbeck is a great bet I will be taking bets relating to him also

http://statsbomb.com/2014/09/into-the-mixer-digging-into-the-summer-2014-transfers/

Just seen that bet was between RVP Rooney and Falcoa cheers took 500 sent to trader on 100% account

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

Austria! wrote: »

Keeping with william hill and equally as good value - Falcao to score over 12.5 goals in the PL is 5/6. Given his goalscoring record I think you'd see returns by February or March with that bet!

If Falcao is on penalties I believe both of these bets are nailed on. Rooney is out of favour for penalties the past 2 years at United. Long may it continue.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

magherakid wrote: »
    Crewe v Rochdale

Football league trophy tomorrow night i don't know how serious both teams are taking this but Rochdale went till Crewe 2 weeks ago and beat them 5-2.

boom :D

• Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭auldgranny

magherakid wrote: »
    Crewe v Rochdale

Only got it at evens but thank you v much.

• Advertisement

FatRat wrote: »
    Keeping with william hill and equally as good value - Falcao to score over 12.5 goals in the PL is 5/6. Given his goalscoring record I think you'd see returns by February or March with that bet!

If Falcao is on penalties I believe both of these bets are nailed on. Rooney is out of favour for penalties the past 2 years at United. Long may it continue.

He's the same price for under 16.5 with Paddy.
    I think Falcao is seriously over rated , I will be backing against his goals this season , I've already backed 1.5 and 1.66 on Costa outscoring ,the head trader at pinnacle wrote a good article on Falcao, I agree Wellbeck is a great bet I will be taking bets relating to him also

http://statsbomb.com/2014/09/into-the-mixer-digging-into-the-summer-2014-transfers/
    Just seen that bet was between RVP Rooney and Falcoa cheers took 500 sent to trader on 100% account

They only let me put 150 on...

I'm not so familiar with Falcao, but I have seen in a few games. He can score every type of goal. I think He'll do quite well.

There's Welbeck to outscore Falcao is 4.33 somewhere. I know Paddy have it enhanced to 5, but the limit on that is 37 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭discombobulate

Falcao at 4/9 to outscore Hernandez at Real also looks a great shout given Chicarito will surely only be used as a sub for the mostpart

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭clickerquicklic

Great betting Austria , you really do pick out some huge value bets fair play.
    Falcao bet getting 3/1 on probably no more than a 6/4 shot. Pity you didn't say you only got 150 on would have offered to get some more on for you, i've a few Hills. Cut now to 9/4 , wonder will Falcao or Rooney be on peno duty.

Great betting Austria , you really do pick out some huge value bets fair play.
    Falcao bet getting 3/1 on probably no more than a 6/4 shot. Pity you didn't say you only got 150 on would have offered to get some more on for you, i've a few Hills. Cut now to 9/4 , wonder will Falcao or Rooney be on peno duty.

Rooney used to take penalties, but after he missed a few he asked to be taken off. Currently RVP is the penalty taker, but Falcao takes them everywhere he goes and has a great record, so I wouldn't be surprised to see him take over from RVP. And certainly will be ahead of Rooney in the pecking order.

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭CriticEyes

Could be missing something here but from what i've read up on i;m going to be getting on these.

Chivas V Seattle kick off 3:30am

Seattle -1 asian handcap @ 2.000.
    Seattle are the highest scoring away team in the MLS and 1st overall in the league. Where as Chivas are rock bottom have not scored in over 9 hours of football. That brings me onto my 2nd bet which is seattle win to nil at @ 8/5. Having not scored in 9 hours I can't see that changing tonight with their top goalscorer Torres on international duty I can't see where they will get goals tonight. Best of luck if you follow.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,025 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

CriticEyes wrote: »
    Could be missing something here but from what i've read up on i;m going to be getting on these.

Chivas V Seattle kick off 3:30am

Seattle -1 asian handcap @ 2.000.
    Seattle are the highest scoring away team in the MLS and 1st overall in the league. Where as Chivas are rock bottom have not scored in over 9 hours of football. That brings me onto my 2nd bet which is seattle win to nil at @ 8/5. Having not scored in 9 hours I can't see that changing tonight with their top goalscorer Torres on international duty I can't see where they will get goals tonight. Best of luck if you follow.
    Yep id second this but im not brave enough to back a clean sheet so im taking Seattle/Philly double, Toronto have been poor the last few weeks, behind the scenes issues with Nelsen sacked and Defoe in England, combine this with Philly's good home form im chancing the double at just over 2.5/1. I'll have some of Le Toux at 21/10 anytime too once i see lineups.

Yep id second this but im not brave enough to back a clean sheet so im taking Seattle/Philly double, Toronto have been poor the last few weeks, behind the scenes issues with Nelsen sacked and Defoe in England, combine this with Philly's good home form im chancing the double at just over 2.5/1. I'll have some of Le Toux at 21/10 anytime too once i see lineups.

Nice win to wake up to, that feeling that Chivas would eventually score was niggling me for a reason.

Toronto v Philly on now just after 7pm, gonna have some of Le Toux at 11/4 and Casey at 12/5, Casey scored in the same game last Wednesday and is Philly's starting CF, Le Toux is having a great season and at almost 3s is great value.

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭hoopyhoopy

Toronto v Philly on now just after 7pm, gonna have some of Le Toux at 11/4 and Casey at 12/5, Casey scored in the same game last Wednesday and is Philly's starting CF, Le Toux is having a great season and at almost 3s is great value.

Loving le roux anytime odds of 3/1 nearly

Casey does the job, be lovely if Le Toux joined in now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

Lewandowski 2+ 6/4
    Lewandowski hatrick 6/1

Should come in these if Poland don't become complacent after a goal or two he should get lots of chances

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,547 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

seanhynes wrote: »
    Lewandowski 2+ 6/4
    Lewandowski hatrick 6/1

Should come in these if Poland don't become complacent after a goal or two he should get lots of chances

Well in!!

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Well in!!

Seen him at 12/1 for a hatrick at Ht on 365,bit annoyed I tied most of my money up on German game and hadn't more invested in this game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭MythicalMadMan

Inler fgs 16/1 mainly due to scoring a peno in a tight game...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,789 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Why is thread so quiet?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭jebus84

fancy everton and Southampton double today 3/1

Why is thread so quiet?
    Because if its just a random fancy with no backup (like below)then it goes in the daily bets and banter thread.
    jebus84 wrote: »

• Registered Users Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Little bit of research over the last hour found this gem in league 2 between Accrington v AFC Wimbledon.

Both sides have been involved in overs in their recent matches and up to last week, 5 goals and 8 goals respectively with BTTS in each.
    http://ie.soccerway.com/matches/2014/09/13/england/league-two/accrington-stanley-fc/afc-wimbledon/1707003/?ICID=HP_MS_133_01
    So looks bet365 have undercooked prices regards the overs.

So went with the following:

Over 2.5 goals @ 19/20
    BTTS over 2.5 goals @ 6/5

bring on the nil nil now:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭jebus84

jebus84 wrote: »
    Because if its just a random fancy with no backup (like below)then it goes in the daily bets and banter thread.

not bad for a random fancy ;)

• Advertisement

Card before 22.00 Madrid derby 5/6

Advertisement