Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

gamestop order cancelled

Options
  • 17-09-2013 1:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

woke up this morning expecting for my game to be delivered but no instead gamestop calcelled my order now waiting on them to refund my creditcard so i can buy it elsewhere,
    this happen to anyone else

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭shamelessidiot

Yeah, just checked my order there too and it's cancelled. Going to cancel my Xbox One order with them too. ****ing awful display. Earlier today it definitely said confirmed under the order. If you're in Dublin and can get to either Ilac/Blanch/Liffey Valley/Omni I have a reservation you can have if you'd like. I made a few just to be sure. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭tomottosam

never again will i do business with gamestop online again, smyths seem to be the only people with stock left online, nah im down in roscommon with no car at the mo so dub is outa the question for me

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

What's happening? I ordered GTA online thru gamestop, why would they be cancelling the order? Surely they can just ship it when stock come in?

if you ordered special edition there was only a certin amount of it in stock

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

tomottosam wrote: »
    if you ordered special edition there was only a certin amount of it in stock

Yep I ordered the Special Edition, why wasn't this brought to my attention on their site when I ordered it!

Any other site will tell you it's out of stock and won't let you order it!

Amateurs!

• Advertisement

Loughc wrote: »
    Yep I ordered the Special Edition, why wasn't this brought to my attention on their site when I ordered it!

Any other site will tell you it's out of stock and won't let you order it!

Amateurs!

a good few people seem to have this problem me included

a good few people seem to have this problem me included

Had I known that I would have ordered the regular version of it! I'm assuming they will not charge me/refund me when they cancel the order?

When did you find out they cancelled your order? Mine is still saying it's confirmed?

i found out an hour ago

i found out an hour ago

And when did you order it?

a while back in july r august

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭tipperaryboy

Got special edition dispatched so called express delivery via anpost tracking shows sitting in Dublin office since yesterday not delivered today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭The One Who Knocks

really hoping this doesn't happen to me, ordered the collectors via game and still haven't received it...hoping the courier will come any second now! :/

a while back in july r august

Ah right I have NO chance then. Clearly they knew it was sold out long before today why didnt they notify us earlier so we could have made other arrangements?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,062 ✭✭✭walrusgumble

never again will i do business with gamestop online again, smyths seem to be the only people with stock left online, nah im down in roscommon with no car at the mo so dub is outa the question for me

Athlone?

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭FlapsOfDoom

Got special edition dispatched so called express delivery via anpost tracking shows sitting in Dublin office since yesterday not delivered today
    same thing with me, sitting in Dublin Parcel Center since half 2 yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Got it to, to say I'm raging is putting it lightly , and saying I won't be charged, no ****

Got it to, to say I'm raging is putting it lightly , and saying I won't be charged, no ****

Soby wrote: »

SNAP, this is a pure farce! I honestly will never buy from Gamestop again.

can someone help me out?

Has anyone else used Nightline Courier before? if so, what does pending mean?

Is it just pending delivery or what? I presume they've received it and I should get it in a while, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

Making you guys pay the extra money by going to the shop....

• Advertisement

Wow, just checking the price of the collectors edition, it's up at €215 on amazon!..maybe I shouldn't open mine and sell it later? :D

Soby wrote: »

i got an email back from them saying i wasnt charged i propmtly sent them back an email with the bit of statement highlighted where they charged me for the game

Gonna try HMV liffey valley , think there is still some there

I'm gonna try calling out to the GameStop Offices in Swords Business Park to have a word haha

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Loughc wrote: »
    I'm gonna try calling out to the GameStop Offices in Swords Business Park to have a word haha

Harvey Norman/DID/PC World not have a copy???

Fieldog wrote: »
    Harvey Norman/DID/PC World not have a copy???

I'm not actually in the business park, I work 9-6 everyday so I haven't been able to check any of the above, hence why I ordered it online only to hear my order will be cancelled due to lack of planning on GS side.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,923 ✭✭✭circadian

Jamez735 wrote: »
    really hoping this doesn't happen to me, ordered the collectors via game and still haven't received it...hoping the courier will come any second now! :/

Probably tomorrow with game. It's by An Post as well I think. Unless you're in the north.

Game weren't allowed to ship until yesterday, rockstar were all over them for audits apparently.

circadian wrote: »
    Probably tomorrow with game. It's by An Post as well I think. Unless you're in the north.

Game weren't allowed to ship until yesterday, rockstar were all over them for audits apparently.

Oh no I was talking to game after that and they said it was coming by courier, Nightline. They gave me a tracking number but it says "pending" so I'm not sure what that means...hopefully I'll get it later today but I wondering what time they do deliveries until?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

Im very suprised by these cancellations. I only walked into blanch on friday and pre ordered the special edition. Picked itup this morning without any issues :/

• Advertisement

Lads this is absolutely ridiculous, emailed Nightline and got this response
    "Hi

We have not received this order from the UK as of yet, you will need to contact them to find out what the delay is in sending it to ourselves.

Thanks"

Even though Game guaranteed release day delivery and it my game account it says "shipped - 14/9/13"

Can anyone figure out what's going on, has it gone missing or what?
    How is Game able to provide me with a tracking code if Nightline haven't even received it?

Really pissed off :(

Advertisement