Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NHL Game Center

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭alanmcl12

Jan Laco wrote: »
    The NHL gamecenter has updated it's layout. However it has wiped my subscription. I no longer have access to games and it prompts me to buy a subscription even though I'm logged in.

Anyone else have this problem?

Say shouldn't be a problem once you contact them, I'd hope anyway.

Has been a disastrous launch, hearing all the problems people have had

I seem to constantly get buffering issues were video will be fine then there'll be a slight audio error like a pause then the video will speed up. Gets unbearable at times when it constantly happens.

Anyone else having similar issues

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

What's the story with blackouts these days with this? It's only $40 for the remainder of the season so was thinking of signing up. I know all live games on Setanta are blacked out but what about games on delay and the extended highlights thing they have. Are they blacked out too? And how soon after a game ends is the blackout restriction lifted?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

What's the story with blackouts these days with this? It's only $40 for the remainder of the season so was thinking of signing up. I know all live games on Setanta are blacked out but what about games on delay and the extended highlights thing they have. Are they blacked out too? And how soon after a game ends is the blackout restriction lifted?

The official line is below. It is not clear if it only relates to live games but the blackout ends after 48 hours. I have Setanta/BT myself instead of Sky sports, as it allows me to watch football, hockey and baseball but I might go for the game center for the remainder of the season, given that it is only $40.
    Games broadcast on local and national television in your area are subject to blackouts in NHL.TV™. In certain regions, if a game is available for you to view on television in your local viewing area, then it will not be available to watch live in NHL.TV™. Regardless, after 48 hours the full length game replays will be available in the game archive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭Jan Laco

alanmcl12 wrote: »
    Say shouldn't be a problem once you contact them, I'd hope anyway.

Has been a disastrous launch, hearing all the problems people have had

I seem to constantly get buffering issues were video will be fine then there'll be a slight audio error like a pause then the video will speed up. Gets unbearable at times when it constantly happens.

Anyone else having similar issues

They replied that if I uninstall and relaunch the app it should work. It hasn't. So I've replied asking for a refund. The purchase did say "full season".

• Registered Users Posts: 9,968 ✭✭✭cena

How can I get the game centre app on the ps3??

• Advertisement

The blackouts on this are so ridiculous. I can fully understand games EirSports/Premier Sports are showing live being blacked out but the Washington/Montreal game that is going on now is blacked out because they are showing it tomorrow night at 8pm. That's 26 hours after it started.

And to make it worse, Premier Sports are showing the Washington/LA game live at 5pm tomorrow. So they'll broadcast game 53 of the Capitals schedule before they show game 52. I just hope the commentators in the LA game don't mention the result of today's game in their broadcast and ruin the surprise...!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭Guy Sajer

The blackouts on this are so ridiculous. I can fully understand games EirSports/Premier Sports are showing live being blacked out but the Washington/Montreal game that is going on now is blacked out because they are showing it tomorrow night at 8pm. That's 26 hours after it started.

And to make it worse, Premier Sports are showing the Washington/LA game live at 5pm tomorrow. So they'll broadcast game 53 of the Capitals schedule before they show game 52. I just hope the commentators in the LA game don't mention the result of today's game in their broadcast and ruin the surprise...!!!

You can be sure they will mention the result. Whether it's the score line or how much points a player got yesterday, etc.

Can you record it and watch it after game 52?

I didn't bother with buying gamecenter. just rely on extended highlights and the rare free game if it's suitable time.

I'd get the KHL one if I had spare money.

Guy Sajer wrote: »
    You can be sure they will mention the result. Whether it's the score line or how much points a player got yesterday, etc.

Can you record it and watch it after game 52?

I didn't bother with buying gamecenter. just rely on extended highlights and the rare free game if it's suitable time.

I'd get the KHL one if I had spare money.

This was a week ago now and I got around the issue easily enough with a VPN. I was just highlighting the stupidity of it.

And to make things even more bizarre, the blackout was lifted the following afternoon, still before PS were showing the game which defeats the whole purpose of it.

Advertisement