Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NHL Game Center

Options
  • 15-09-2013 10:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭

Anybody know how much this is for this season ? I signed up for this last season but still seem to be a subscriber for some reason .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

It's $99.95 for the season. I think they allow you access up until the start of the season, but you need to be signed up again by then. Not sure if they automatically charge you again, if they do I'm sure they warn you with an e-mail. I'll be signing up this year, and using Unblock Us to watch the games.

Any interest in our Fantasy League, decies?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭decies

Don't think have time busy with NFL. Fantasy , also into NBA and MLB lol the last two no fantasy s .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

MrJoeSoap wrote: »
    It's $99.95 for the season. I think they allow you access up until the start of the season, but you need to be signed up again by then. Not sure if they automatically charge you again, if they do I'm sure they warn you with an e-mail. I'll be signing up this year, and using Unblock Us to watch the games.

Any interest in our Fantasy League, decies?

Can you watch games in Ireland on your PS3 or is Ireland on the 'won't play in' list?

I got MLB Tv and was all set to waych games on my P3S til I saw it doesn't stream in Ireland on PS3 but does on xBox!

Can you watch games in Ireland on your PS3 or is Ireland on the 'won't play in' list?

I got MLB Tv and was all set to waych games on my P3S til I saw it doesn't stream in Ireland on PS3 but does on xBox!

Didn't try it last season, but the previous season the App wasn't available on the PS3.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,968 ✭✭✭cena

Can you pay monthly

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭mickydcork

cena wrote: »
    Can you pay monthly

You can split the payments into four payments at no extra cost.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭mickydcork

Anyone know if any pre-season games are being shown?

I haven't come across any yet.

Also for those of you who had gamecenter last season - what did you do for the play-offs?

Did any of you just wait the 48hrs and watch the replay?

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭Izy

does any of you know if one can get the GCL on apple tv??? it is part of it in the states but i only see NBA & MLB apps here.

any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,255 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

How many games tend to get blacked out by gcl in Ireland? I presume anything on hockey night in Canada gets blocked thanks to setanta

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭CJKeane

Anyone know how to download the GCL app to my PS3?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Dublinproud

CJKeane wrote: »
    Anyone know how to download the GCL app to my PS3?

As far as i remember you need to access the US Playstation store to download the app.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

As far as i remember you need to access the US Playstation store to download the app.

Anyone know how to do this?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭Ping Chow Chi

tolosenc wrote: »
    Anyone know how to do this?

You create a new playstation account, base it in the usa. Then download and install the app and it will be available to all your accounts on the playstation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭COYW

Going to get this as I can't stay up to watch the Setanta games these nights. Am I correct in saying that I can watch all the Rangers game on this, whenever I like. What is the pic quality like?

COYW wrote: »
    Going to get this as I can't stay up to watch the Setanta games these nights. Am I correct in saying that I can watch all the Rangers game on this, whenever I like. What is the pic quality like?

Picture quality is staggered, depending on your connection. The best quality (3000kbps) is excellent. Some of the Rangers games (the ones on Setanta) will be blacked out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭Ping Chow Chi

If you get a service such as unblockus (4 pounds per month) then you would be able to watch all matches.

Does anyone know how to turn off subtitles on Gamecenter on the Xbox 360? Want to watch the Leafs game now but the subtitles are annoying me. Something like this should be obvious enough but I don't see any setting to change...

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    Does anyone know how to turn off subtitles on Gamecenter on the Xbox 360? Want to watch the Leafs game now but the subtitles are annoying me. Something like this should be obvious enough but I don't see any setting to change...

Sorry guys but has anyone had this problem before? Gamecenter support are awful, going around in circles via email and they didn't have a clue on phone support.

They just keep telling me to turn it off via the console even though there is no setting for Closed Captioning that I can see, either through the console or the app.

Don't have this problem with any other app like Netflix etc.

Anyone!?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Smoth

I had the same problem and with a bit of searching I found out that it is a fault with the Microsoft software and turning on/off the CC is only available in the USA (for some unexplained reason). My best advice if you are still using NHL GameCenter is to get an apple TV (which is what I use) or something similar and watch GameCenter that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Smoth

I have the CC problem solved on the xbox 360 (at least for now) if anyone is still following this forum.

press the xbox button/ scroll right to settings/ system settings/ console settings/ language and locale/ locale/ change to usa (you will be signed out of xbox live but don't worry)/ back out to console settings/ display/ closed captioning (it appears at the bottom in usa mode)/ turn all captions to off/ back out to console settings/ language and locale/ locale/ set back to Ireland or wherever you are experiencing this problem/ exit out to the main menu/ press the xbox button/ select connect to xbox live and presto, captions are off. i hope this works for everyone as it is working for me here tonight.

• Advertisement

just checking game centre there it is now $25 to get which works out around 17.29.

is it worth getting even with blackout games

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭alanmcl12

just checking game centre there it is now $25 to get which works out around 17.29.

is it worth getting even with blackout games

I think all if not most are blacked out now, so really not worth it unless you want or have a way to work around it

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭lucast2007us

alanmcl12 wrote: »
    I think all if not most are blacked out now, so really not worth it unless you want or have a way to work around it

With unblock-us this should bring the cost up to about €20.

How long does it take till you can watch a game on gamecentre after it has been shown live

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭lucast2007us

How long does it take till you can watch a game on gamecentre after it has been shown live

On a blackout game its like 48 hrs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 701 ✭✭✭Paco Rodriguez

Just wondering about how the re subscribing for gamecenter works? I have had it the last year but now when I log in there is an error after a few seconds and it shuts down.

I want to have it ready for October 8th.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

Was thinking of getting this for the first time. Is there an option to watch one team for cheaper ala nba league pass, really just want to watch the bruins

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭MrGee

Just wondering about how the re subscribing for gamecenter works? I have had it the last year but now when I log in there is an error after a few seconds and it shuts down.

I want to have it ready for October 8th.

App has been updated for this season, from today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 701 ✭✭✭Paco Rodriguez

MrGee wrote: »
    App has been updated for this season, from today.

Saw that alright. All signed up and ready to go.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭Jan Laco

The NHL gamecenter has updated it's layout. However it has wiped my subscription. I no longer have access to games and it prompts me to buy a subscription even though I'm logged in.

Anyone else have this problem?

Advertisement