Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Horizon tv issues when connect LG smart tv to network

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

• Registered Users Posts: 1 nialler101

StevePH wrote: »
    Hey folks,
    Was all geared up to go buy an LG tomorrow then saw this thread.

I'm with UPC so intend to connect to their box/network. Should I rethink buying an LG model?

Yeh I bought one last week and had the same issue but it's all sorted now...flicking around the stations grand now. Just ring up and tell them you have an LG smart tv

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭-Toppy-

I dunno if I would go LG again,
    There is a lot of things to take into consideration
    Firstly as a TV which is better (I was been LG and Samsung and Panasonic) but was sold on some of the smart tv stuff from LG, but afterwards I feel pretty let down by them, ie NONE of the smart menu stuff interacts with UPC, (dunno if this is the same with LG)

The Smart remote I have is nice alright, which I feel is better than the gesture stuff with Samsung
    Toppy

-Toppy- wrote: »
    ... NONE of the smart menu stuff interacts with UPC...

What do you mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭-Toppy-

I was under the illusion (wrongly I assume) that there was some transmission via EPG's from UPC/SKY via HDMI that would for example find similar programs that I have watched etc, (I was demoed or that for example if I had partially watched a program that once again the smart tv would be aware of where it was and would pick up from there)

LG Smart works fine by itself (various apps, youtube etc) but Im talking about a more integrated smarter EPG

Toppy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭Wabbit Ears

Wow, Just, wow.

-Toppy- wrote: »
    I was under the illusion (wrongly I assume)...

Yes. The TV and SKY/UPC box do not talk to each to other.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Diarmsquid

Hi,

My Dad just got an LG TV (LN series) and was considering upgrading to Horizon. Is this still a problem for people, and should I hold off or look at different options?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 B.S.C

Started trying to use an LG TV with a Horizon box yesterday. Still the same issues with them. Called customer service and they said it will be the end of January before its fixed but seen as this thread has been going since September and they've said things like that a few times I wouldn't hold my breath. The Horizon is in the house I rent a room in otherwise I would be going with any internet and tv provider other than them.

Call them up again and insist they put you in box group 2 to get the software that has the LG fix.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 D166433D

Just found this thread, I had the same Problem, 47" LG smart TV and Horizon box, I gave them over 2 months and they couldn't fix it. My 200mbps broadband delivered less than 50mbps. Gave up, they didn't even respond to my letters, was a customer for 12 years. Anyway, my Sky replacement works great and is cheaper in combination with UTV phone & Broadband. All UPC could offer was to step back to the standard HD box. Good luck! Sky also have a 3d channel, happy days!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 B.S.C

Hi guys,

Just so you know, I got the old router from before everything was consolidated into one box, hooked it up to the cable as you would normally, called UPC and had them activate it. Now that the tv and internet are coming in separately the TV can be watched downstairs while I surf the web/use netflix on the LG tv upstairs with no problems. I know the whole point of UPC is one box but better do that than have a tv you may as well use as a cutting board

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

have horizon box at home waiting for me, have an lg42ls570t smart tv.

is this one of the affected tv lines from LG.

what can upc do if i ring them and tell them i have a lg tv, as mentioned in a previous post.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 mervuedude

I have the same tv, I rang UPC 2 weeks ago, gave them the CAID no from my horizon box and they said they would upload a fix. It still doesn't work. I keep meaning to ring them back.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 20 ILoveSpuds

Hey Guys,

A fix came out for me a month or 2 ago. Have been travelling so couldn't update you sorry. All seems fine now and no issues with Internet connectivity at all between the LG tv and Horizon box.

You will probably need to make them aware that you are having issues though so as they can release a fix.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

hooked up the horizon to the tv last night and no problems so far.

hooked up my pc to the box via ethernet, ran a speedtest. 20mbps download.. pfft.

if it isnt higher this evening i will ring them.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Sysiphus

I just bought an LG 32" smart tv, hooked it up to the horizon box... just had a call out from upc who replaced the box as it was hanging and unresponsive... New box is exactly the same. Just found this thread, so I presume that the issue is still there.....
    I think I'll ring upc and as for the separate modem option.

ask for the software update instead...

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭torres9kop

My tv is now fixed.. Had the same problem for months and had to keep disconnecting the wifi from the tv to hav the tv running normal.. Now just turned on tv today and tv working fine with wifi on..

there was a software update earlier this week apparently.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭deeks

Anyone know if this is still an issue? Have just bought an LG Smart TV and am considering moving to the Horizon box for the high broadband speed and HD channels but won't bother if this problem is still occuring.

Might be certain models. I didn't have this problem. Other problems maybe but not this one.

deeks wrote: »
    Anyone know if this is still an issue? Have just bought an LG Smart TV and am considering moving to the Horizon box for the high broadband speed and HD channels but won't bother if this problem is still occuring.

This was fixed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 tutufufu

Hello all,

i just got Horizon and i have a LG 55" Smart TV with wired IP connection.

The same problem accured with my box- It just freezed and i can´t switch the channel or do something else. After reading all these posts i disconnected the internet connection but the problem accured as well . I identified this problem when i record something. It happened three times today- I unplugged the box from the energy and did a hard reset. Than everything worked. After that i went out and i programmed something - And again it freezed during the recording.

I am really frustrated. I ordered 120 GBit internet and i get 20 or less. I ordered a multimedia box and it is not working properly- Why i bought UPC and not Sky :-(

if its freezing when not connected to the network then its not the LG tv issue discussed here.

Sounds like you have a fecked hard drive, Request a replacement box.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Idunno

I bought a new 42LB LG.
    Horizon working fine previously on panasonic.
    When I tried to get tv via HDMI I got no signal on new tv. I then tried the hdmi in the older tv. It wasn't working either! Seems like connecting the hdmi to the new LG tv has screwed up the Horizon hdmi.
    No issues with the wired ethernet to new LG TV.
    However, I then connected the scart to the new LG tv and after working ok initially the tv signal would be on for two seconds and then drop for two secs repeatedly . I connected the scart to old tv and it worked fine.
    UPC are dropping me out new horizon box Sat or Mon. However, having read this thread, I am concerned that the Horizon LG curse may be about to hit me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 bergo77

My upc remote seems to be frozen.What I mean is that the only way I can change channel is with the numbers on the back beside keypad. Everything was working fine I had the remote paired but my son did something to change this and the topside of the remote is completely frozen power buttons and all.Can anyone shed some light on this please......

My upc remote seems to be frozen.What I mean is that the only way I can change channel is with the numbers on the back beside keypad. Everything was working fine I had the remote paired but my son did something to change this and the topside of the remote is completely frozen power buttons and all.Can anyone shed some light on this please......

• Advertisement

Dunno why you would post this in this thread.....

Sounds like your remote is fecked, Just ask for a replacement

Advertisement