Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Horizon tv issues when connect LG smart tv to network

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Do they have this problem europe wide?

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭cassette50

Any update on a solution to this problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭satchman

This is becoming infuriating at this stage. Two and a half months at least since it was flagged to UPC and still no resolution!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Arno8823

This problem is also in the Netherlands with UPC horizon!
    I have a LG42LA6208 Smart TV and my horizon freezes also when zapping to different channels.
    UPC does not have a solution neither LG.
    Does anyone have a solution already?

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Larry_N

Best solution at the minute is disconnect the Smart TV from the horizon box, put back in the splitter at the UPC point and use a separate wireless router for the internet and connect your TV back into this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 jamesmcenery

Damn, just got my LG Smart TV, noticed the same issue and Google brought me to this thread :(

Anyone have any luck using a separate modem or router?

Does anyone know what the technical issue is that's causing the issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Sully84

Just an update on this. There is none. What a joke I think this whole situation is from the time I reported it a few months back nothing done to fix it apart from a reply here from UPC of "yeah we know about it but have no fix, you cannot use our horizon box and all it's features you are paying for with a brand new LG smart tv" ...as I say a joke service and expected a lot more from UPC.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

Think I got it sorted.

1. Had to disconnect both wired and wireless connection from TV.

2. Then I had to connect the TV through another access point in another part of the house.

This allows everything to work, however because of the wifi, the super hd is not working on netflix.

I have netflix on the DVD player so all ok.

Finally got everything to work.

The trick is to link the TV and router with an Ethernet cable that has only 4 cores connected not all 8.

This will allow both the smart TV and the remote control to work together.

It did not work.

When I tried to power it up today the remote would not work the box. I had to re-pair the box and the horizon box.

It is still a bit hit and miss, and that was with the internet disconnected from the TV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 Sully84

Nope none of that will work. Tried it all before and the same issue. It's a network issue with the horizon box. Fully a upc issue that they will not resolve for their customers who are in this position due to them.

I agree, I can't get it to work consistently.

I got a separate modem and it seems a lot better now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 philym4

hi ding ding. when you say cares, do you mean chords of the actual ethernet cable? could you explain your fix in more detail please? i can make cat cables so im very curious if thats the fix.if so which colours did you leave out?

Hi that did not work in the end.

I rang to cancel and they sent me another broadband router and decoupled the broadband from the horizon box.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 philym4

dingding wrote: »
    Hi that did not work in the end.

I rang to cancel and they sent me another broadband router and decoupled the broadband from the horizon box.

And has that solved the problem? They're coming on Monday to do the same for me, have you had problems since? I think the issue is with the MAC addresses

philym4 wrote: »
    And has that solved the problem? They're coming on Monday to do the same for me, have you had problems since? I think the issue is with the MAC addresses

Yes this sorted it, so far so good.

philym4 wrote: »

If you are talking to the installer can you find out what the issue is as I would be very interested to find out.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Larry_N

Got a text from UPC over the weekend saying the issue was fixed and to do a factory reset on my box. Haven't had a chance to do it yet.
    Anyone get a similar text?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭Wabbit Ears

Larry_N wrote: »
    Got a text from UPC over the weekend saying the issue was fixed and to do a factory reset on my box. Haven't had a chance to do it yet.

and did it fix the issue?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭torres9kop

How do u do a factory reset?

settings> horizon HD + box>Factory reset

You dont have to do a factory reset to get new software, If you got settings> horizon HD + box>Software> Check for updates it will tell you if you have a new version available.

I'd be very surprised if this works but, out of interest, have you tried it yet?

I checked last night and I have the latest version of software and it's still not working for me. I don't see how/what a factory reset is going to add... apart from wiping my entire box and making me even more angrier to find out i'm still in the same position as I was before, but now with all of my recording being wiped :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭torres9kop

satchman wrote: »
    I'd be very surprised if this works but, out of interest, have you tried it yet?

I checked last night and I have the latest version of software and it's still not working for me. I don't see how/what a factory reset is going to add... apart from wiping my entire box and making me even more angrier to find out i'm still in the same position as I was before, but now with all of my recording being wiped :mad:
    I did a factory reset. Doesnt fix it

torres9kop wrote: »
    I did a factory reset. Doesnt fix it

Thanks for letting me know and confirming this ;)

why are ye doing factory resets?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Virgin Media: Eamonn

Hi folks,

Just jumping in here to clarify a few points raised on the thread:

We are testing a solution to the Horizon / LG TV issue currently, and have sent a software update to a group of customers as part of this ongoing process.
    These customers do NOT need to factory reset their Horizon box to receive this update - factory resets are never required for this process
    Instead, as with any software update, contacted customers can access the latest available version via: Settings – Horizon TV HD+ Box – Software – Check for Updates.
    If this update is released to all Horizon boxes in the future, customers will be advised.

Many thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Virgin Media: Eamonn

Hi there,

As we've just clarified now on the thread, a factory reset is not required to receive a software update to your Horizon box. If you could PM UPC: Reps with your account details we will review the message you were sent.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 9 fuzzielogix

Hi folks,

Just jumping in here to clarify a few points raised on the thread:

We are testing a solution to the Horizon / LG TV issue currently, and have sent a software update to a group of customers as part of this ongoing process.
    These customers do NOT need to factory reset their Horizon box to receive this update - factory resets are never required for this process
    Instead, as with any software update, contacted customers can access the latest available version via: Settings – Horizon TV HD+ Box – Software – Check for Updates.
    If this update is released to all Horizon boxes in the future, customers will be advised.

Many thanks

has this issue been resolved yet ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭-Toppy-

Nope, its going to be a while yet

Advertisement