Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rory McIlroy - 4 Time Major Winner

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭xgronkjabv6pcl

fullstop wrote: »
    Don’t know why you’re bothering tbh.

An attempt to make the thread somewhat conversational instead of usual back and forth before a mod resets.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,569 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

tobsey wrote: »
    He’ll be more than right there, he’ll win. He had the most birdies in the week. 4 more than cantlay I think. The difference was cantlay only dropped 2 shots all week.

29 birdies all told.
    The rest of the 72 holes were very average so why do you think he’ll win?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,062 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

29 birdies all told.
    The rest of the 72 holes were very average so why do you think he’ll win?

At 14 over for the other 43, I think you are being kind.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭CMcsporty

Also broke his wedge last week.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75o7HX02YBI

& just for the week that's in it....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,427 ✭✭✭Trampas

Not playing this week.

I thought he liked to play week before a major

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,681 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Trampas wrote: »
    Not playing this week.

Risky enough playing there with spectators, would be some dose is he got coronavirus and had to miss the masters.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 20,341 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Trampas wrote: »
    Not playing this week.

He only plays in tournaments these days where there is no cut :)

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Salvadoor

Very disappointing from Rory again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭gypsy79

Salvadoor wrote: »
    Very disappointing from Rory again

What you talking about....backdoor top 10 on the way!!

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭rooney30

Very frustrating . Hasn’t been at the races since the return from lockdown . In saying that , he’ll still probably throw in a couple of scores in the 60s in spite of himself, for a reasonable finish

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭bigtimecharlie

He's back. Don't count him out yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,143 ✭✭✭Benny Cake

What hope have the rest of us of being consistent when someone like Mcilroy goes from playing like a goon to literally the best man on the course in the space of 2 hours...

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 21,096 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Great 66! Going to need similar tomorrow to get himself into contention.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

He left a few birdies behind him there as well, that putt at 9 would have been a help.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Amazing turn around. Decent round tomorrow and who knows what might happen Sunday.

Keano wrote: »
    Amazing turn around. Decent round tomorrow and who knows what might happen Sunday.

He currently needs 11 major winners who are ahead of him to have average/v bad rounds to have a hope of winning, in addition to him playing brilliantly. Those bad first rounds are costly.

Dav010 wrote: »
    He currently needs 11 major winners who are ahead of him to have average/v bad rounds to have a hope of winning, in addition to him playing brilliantly. Those bad first rounds are costly.

So you're saying there's a chance then :-)

So you're saying there's a chance then :-)

No doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

From the stats man Justin Ray; Rory McIlroy in majors since 2015:

1st Round: 28-over
    Rounds 2-4: 56-under

That’s ridiculous.

If he can get himself within 3 shots on the back nine on Sunday anything can happen from there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,408 ✭✭✭✭kippy

If he can get himself within 3 shots on the back nine on Sunday anything can happen from there.

Not gonna happen lad. Too many quality players ahead of him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭Trouser Snake

He's going to have to average 3 shots a round better than the lads in front of him. He's looking at 64 64, which is in him now the bad one is out of the way, but thats assuming nobody shoots the lights out in front of him.

He'll go out today and try force the issue again, fall further behind, play within himself tomorrow and blow the lights out back 9.

Here's hoping I'll be multi quoted tomorrow evening when he's putting on the green jacket.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,427 ✭✭✭Trampas

As can be missed at times. It’s not the number of shots but number of players also. 5 behind with 5 players ahead is a different ball game of 30 players ahead. Usually 1 maybe 2 drop out of the 5 away but chances high a couple in that 30 still push on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭gypsy79

He's going to have to average 3 shots a round better than the lads in front of him. He's looking at 64 64, which is in him now the bad one is out of the way, but thats assuming nobody shoots the lights out in front of him.

He'll go out today and try force the issue again, fall further behind, play within himself tomorrow and blow the lights out back 9.

Here's hoping I'll be multi quoted tomorrow evening when he's putting on the green jacket.

Even if somebody does that you will be ok. As this is what he does nearly every major

Another 66 today and he'll have outside chance on Sunday. Unlikely but who knows.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Another 66 today and he'll have outside chance on Sunday. Unlikely but who knows.

Apparently one of the Augusta members spoke to him after he finished his first round yesterday and told him to cop on and remember who he is.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,853 ✭✭✭Russman

Apparently one of the Augusta members spoke to him after he finished his first round yesterday and told him to cop on and remember who he is.

Even if he turned into Rory McIlroy he still doesn’t have a chance at the weekend :D:D

I hope I’m wrong but it could well be close to -18 as a winning score, there’s just no way he gets to that number unfortunately. I’ve no doubt he’ll finish top 10 though.

Some 22 handicapper throwing out the advice. Every club has one.

• Advertisement

Some 22 handicapper throwing out the advice. Every club has one.

How do you know his handicap?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement