Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

9/11 anniversary, where were you when it happened and was it a conspiracy?

Options

Comments

Super-Rush wrote: »
    Tomorrow two years i will be gettign married.

Best wishes for your upcoming wedding!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭dave3004

Not a conspiracy.

Firefighters reported explosions though.

This would be the planes (built by aluminium) scattered across the offices in pieces. This then turned to molten aluminium by the fires. When the sprinklers came on the water and the molten aluminium caused the explosions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

Jeepers, last checked AH a couple of hours ago and saw this with 500+ posts and thought it was a new thread. Woah.

I was 12 when it happened, main memory of it is that when I got home from school I got to go on the computer and play The Sims for hours because my parents were glued to RTE One's emergency rolling news coverage for the evening. Because I'd been at school all day I didn't have much idea what was going on. It's amazing how old fashioned that all sounds now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 925 ✭✭✭RHJ

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭blatantrereg

I was totally like Woah! WTF!?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭triggermortis

I was working in Dublin Airport that day. Watched it unfold on TV, then the apron filled up with aircraft and stayed full.
    It was a quiet few days at work - no flights!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

i was on an overnight speed bender and walked in the door of the office after no sleep and off me tits....lad walked in and said "jaysus get on da internet there something mental going on " ...sky news was crashed.....i wasn't really fazed until it actually collapsed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Streetwalker

Samaris wrote: »
    I came home from school at lunchtime on a Tuesday and missed lunch sitting on the couch across from my Dad watching it on RTE.

And please give it a friggin' rest with the conspiracy nonsense. The rubbish people come out with. :rolleyes:

Was on West 14th street about to start a days work and watched the second plane go into the tower. Simply the most vivid memory I will ever have and very hard to explain the emotions I witnessed that day. Walked back to our Brooklyn apartment over the bridge because all the subways and buses had been suspended and can only compare it to a funeral walking down a road with hundreds/thousands of shocked and upset people.

As for the conspiracy nuts they don't deserve the attention.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,208 ✭✭✭shamrock55

PucaMama wrote: »
    I was in school. And no I dont think it was a conspiracy What would they gain??

Everything - war =money in uncle sams back pocket

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

The third poll option is an oxymoron.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,458 ✭✭✭valoren

Was at work during a college internship.

Saw a sky news news report online saying that "A Plane has hit WTC north tower" just before lunchtime.

Immediately thought it was something like a Cessna single engine and was accidental.

Within an hour the whole place had come to a standstill with the canteen crowded and Sky News was projected onto larger screens. Picture about 1,000 people standing and swearing watching as the first tower collapsed. Most people went home early. I had thought thousands more 10,000+ were killed after the collapse.

It was a feeling of dread on the bus home, a realisation that the world was a changed place.
    The last time I felt that was during the Gulf War as a 10 year old in 91.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭spud82

I was in school,and was when we were walking out there was a big crowd at the school gates and they were really upset. They told us what had happened and someone says what were the twin towers (WTF like) and someone else said you know in the Simpsons when Homer goes to New York and goes into the bedroom to go to the bathroom but it's locked. And she did. FFS!!

Walked into town with the girls and we were all shocked. When we got bus home and the news came home the driver turned up the radio and everyone stopped talking and listened to it. It was so eerie.

When I came home my neighbour was getting an extension. Builder was outside and i asked him had he heard what happened, as I told him he went really pale and told me his son worked in the twin towers. Thankfully he was okay

It was just such a sad and scary day.

Seriously WTF is with all the conspiracy theorists? Cop on like.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭asherbassad

spud82 wrote: »
    I was in school,and was when we were walking out there was a big crowd at the school gates and they were really upset. They told us what had happened and someone says what were the twin towers (WTF like) and someone else said you know in the Simpsons when Homer goes to New York and goes into the bedroom to go to the bathroom but it's locked. And she did. FFS!!

Walked into town with the girls and we were all shocked. When we got bus home and the news came home the driver turned up the radio and everyone stopped talking and listened to it. It was so eerie.

When I came home my neighbour was getting an extension. Builder was outside and i asked him had he heard what happened, as I told him he went really pale and told me his son worked in the twin towers. Thankfully he was okay

It was just such a sad and scary day.

Seriously WTF is with all the conspiracy theorists? Cop on like.

Have you ever contemplated that it didn't happen the way you have been told? That's called "thinking for yourself", it's called "not blindly following the herd". If people call you names for questioning things then it just shows that they are afraid of individual curiosity.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭spud82

Have you ever contemplated that it didn't happen the way you have been told? That's called "thinking for yourself", it's called "not blindly following the herd". If people call you names for questioning things then it just shows that they are afraid of individual curiosity.

Did I call anyone names? No I didn't but I don't buy into the theories.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,796 ✭✭✭Calibos

Ah jaysus. Ya just missed out on the hatrick. Ya forgot to call us "Sheeple"

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Cmon....america??? the country that went to war with iraq and afghanistan????? you cannot believe anything they say.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭Paramite Pie

"Thinking for yourself" doesn't mean your open minded if you go out of your way to avoid the official narrative. You must be open to the idea that the official narrative could be correct too.

I've read (and watched) the arguments for the 9/11 conspiracies but I've also followed the counter arguments. But by siding with the official story I must be a sheep?? People on the so called 'enlightened' side call us names too. They can't handle their theories being questioned either.

The Flat Earth Society are thinking for themselves. Clearly some people shouldn't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

Was on Day 3 of a session ( Tipp had won the AI that Sunday) and it came on the news, I says to my friend ''jaysus what film is that looks deadly'' think it was the following day before the magnitude of it hit home.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Notavirus.exe

It's a bit too coincidental that the plane heading towards the White House was the only one that the "passengers fought the hijackers" and made the plane crash before it reached its destination.

It's a bit too coincidental that the plane heading towards the White House was the only one that the "passengers fought the hijackers" and made the plane crash before it reached its destination.

The passengers had information through phone calls that hijackers had crashed planes already.

You're hardly going to sit there and accept your fate. Go down fighting etc

• Advertisement

The target in Washington was not known ..

It could have been the White House but more likely it would have been the Capitol Building. There's also the suggestion it may have been targeted at a nuclear power station. We'll never know as it's all conjecture.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭fepper

valoren wrote: »
    The passengers had information through phone calls that hijackers had crashed planes,- sure all planes leaving all American airports at those times would have passengers thinking that too but they weren't breaking down pilots door

• Registered Users Posts: 4,934 ✭✭✭Daith

fepper wrote: »
    The passengers had information through phone calls that hijackers had crashed planes
    ,- sure all planes leaving all American airports at those times would have passengers thinking that too but they weren't breaking down pilots door

Almost as if some people think differently than other people. Madness

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

The passengers had information through phone calls that hijackers had crashed planes,- sure all planes leaving all American airports at those times would have passengers thinking that too but they weren't breaking down pilots door
    Didn't the people see the terrorists getting into the cockpit and put two and two together from what they were hearing from the ground?

So it will always follow that when a plane was historically hijacked that it would be purposefully crashed on a suicide mission?

It could have been hijacked for political reasons, ransom demands etc.
    The passengers on Flight 93 had perfect information. The knew that planes were hijacked that morning, that they were crashed deliberately. The passengers on the other flights didn't have that information, as far as they were concerned they were in a horrible situation with your run-of-the-mill "Land this Plane in Cuba!" hijackers. They didn't know their fate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭fepper

So it will always follow that when a plane was historically hijacked that it would be purposefully crashed on a suicide mission?

It could have been hijacked for political reasons, ransom demands etc.
    The passengers on Flight 93 had perfect information. The knew that planes were hijacked that morning, that they were crashed deliberately. The passengers on the other flights didn't have that information, as far as they were concerned they were in a horrible situation with hijackers. They didn't know their fate.

No its the 100s of other flights that took off from American airports around the same time and reached their destination

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭Tarzana2

Calibos wrote: »
    Ah jaysus. Ya just missed out on the hatrick. Ya forgot to call us "Sheeple"

:pac: I know, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,738 ✭✭✭knucklehead6

No its the 100s of other flights that took off from American airports around the same time and reached their destination

I can't believe I'm doing this but...

The first hijacked plane crashed at 8:46

An hour later, North American airspace was closed and all aircraft ordered to land at the nearest airport.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭zcorpian88

Where was I?

I was 12 almost 13, when it happened it was after our lunch break was around 13:50 or so, would have been a half hour after coming in from break. Didn't hear anything about it till I got home from school, turned the tv on and there was 2 buildings on fire, thought it was a trailer for a movie till Tony Blair came on and Brian Dobson stuttering his way through the reports. It was mad.

Went into school the next day and nearly every kid in the class had bits of homework missing or badly incorrect, even the cleverer people in my class, because everyone was stuck in the news and in shock over it.

The teacher asked the class to write an essay in class on what they felt about it and what we saw. Everyone got really good marks over what we wrote, was all really vivid.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement