Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Servicing Riello RDB2 Boiler

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭crock!

When you change a nozzle for a new one there can be a difference even if you have chosen the same angle .spray pattern and gph.nozzles can be plus or minus 5%

• Registered Users Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Billy Bunting

so if I put the air damper set point back to 4 the boiler will be back to running just how it has before?

You would now be guessing, you cannot be SURE without the use of a FGA, just ask yourself why was the air setting not as per MI ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,754 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

crock! wrote: »
    When you change a nozzle for a new one there can be a difference even if you have chosen the same angle .spray pattern and gph.nozzles can be plus or minus 5%

ah right - old nozzle is on there at moment - havent had time to fit new nozzle yet ..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,754 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

What price roughly would I expect to pay a local engineer in my area to come out an put fga up to boiler and check it after ive changed nozzle on the burner roughly ? €40, €80, or more? does anyone know? - and thats just to check the flue gasses and temp and nothing else (if they would do that, that is) , IE not replacing anything whats normally replaced at service time

• Registered Users Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Billy Bunting

What price roughly would I expect to pay a local engineer in my area to come out an put fga up to boiler and check it after ive changed nozzle on the burner roughly ? €40, €80, or more? does anyone know? - and thats just to check the flue gasses and temp and nothing else (if they would do that, that is) , IE not replacing anything whats normally replaced at service time

To be quite honest i'm not sure many registered engineers would like to go in after a fiddler and just do a FGA, there is a lot more that we do as part of a service as standard to meet with regs.

You could get it serviced, i charge €55 plus parts, i believe wowcha offer it for €30 :eek:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement