Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 4 Captain

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Santi101

My candidates for captaincy right now are:
    Benteke
    Giroud

If I get RVP in, then the decision is already made.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭Danger781

Benteke
    Santi101 wrote: »
    Read somewhere on Twitter that Sunderland were soundly beaten by their under-21 side during the week. Is this true? Doesnt matter a great deal I guess.

We tend to have tough matches away to Sunderland and we are also prone to slips post-international break........:eek:....but I do think we can get a 1 or 2-0 win tomorrow.

I was thinking more 3-0 or 4-0

Cazorla, Walcott, Ozil, and Giroud sounds like a terrifying combination

• Registered Users Posts: 21,096 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Bit of a gamble this week, I had promised myself that these were a thing of the past but I'm going with a gut feeling that Navas is going to mark himself on the Prem this weekend.

Benteke
    Injury List to Arsenal squad:
    Mert
    Oxo
    Poldolski
    Rosicky
    Diaby (He never will be tbf)
    Arteta

Ozil missed training due to a bug, but did travel with the team.

Might not be the hockeying one would expect playing the (atm) worst team.

Defence may be

Jenks Sagna(poss Verm as he's in match day squad) Kos Gibbs

Ramsey will be playing deeper with Flamini.

Which leaves Walcott, Wilshere and Santi with Giroud up top.

I'd say 2-1 to Arsenal. But I wouldn't captain any of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Local_Chap

Jose Enrique
    Anyone else fancy Vidic as captain? I would be fairly confident on United keeping a clean sheet plus he will be in a good shout of picking up BP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Benteke
    Local_Chap wrote: »
    Anyone else fancy Vidic as captain? I would be fairly confident on United keeping a clean sheet plus he will be in a good shout of picking up BP

If the game were to finish 1-0 then maybe but if Van Persie or anyone scores more than one or say RVP and Welbeck both score then Vidic would be lucky to get 1 BP. Would be a better idea against somebody like Stoke where it might well end up 1-0. Strikers get 8 for a goal in the BPS which means even if they do nothing else all game they can end up on 9. Vidic would need to be doing a lot of defensive work to surpass a forwards goal. If Vidic scores a goal he only get 4 in the BPS and a mid gets 6.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Mata
    Was gonna captain Walcott as I agree that Sunderland are a shamble at the minute, but given he's coming back from injury and Arsenal are short a few I'm having doubts. ESP given some of the sensible comments above.

Benteke or Walcott for the armband folks? Or Soldado as an outside bet?

T

• Registered Users Posts: 7,078 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Is anyone thinking about fellaini ,i have it on him,against crystal palace ,well able to get goals and is a beast in midfield!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Giroud
    Santi101 wrote: »
    Read somewhere on Twitter that Sunderland were soundly beaten by their under-21 side during the week. Is this true? Doesnt matter a great deal I guess.

We tend to have tough matches away to Sunderland and we are also prone to slips post-international break........:eek:....but I do think we can get a 1 or 2-0 win tomorrow.

Well, it was true but the story was spun as it didn't mention the fact there were about 3 players from our starting 11 in the team as the rest were away on international duty. The under-21 side aren't bad. They are top of the 22 team Premier League at that age group and are currently unbeaten. Quite a few of the players have made matchday squads and appearances for the senior side too so it's no surprise that a full strength under-21 team would beat a side who are pretty average anyway and missing 9 of their best players.

Aye, we have quite a good record against Arsenal in recent years. I remember the Darren Bent years where it seemed we'd pop up with a last minute winner or equaliser almost every time we met. You should have too much for us tomorrow though. It will be two of Diakite, Roberge or Cuellar at center back which spells disaster for me. Arsenal by 1 or 2 for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Is anyone thinking about fellaini ,i have it on him,against crystal palace ,well able to get goals and is a beast in midfield!

No way!

He's a defensive midfielder and himself, Moyes and Round have confirmed this in various interviews including one today.

He'll be dangerous from set pieces but captaining him is mental.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,096 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

ajcurry123 wrote: »
    Bit of a gamble this week, I had promised myself that these were a thing of the past but I'm going with a gut feeling that Navas is going to mark himself on the Prem this weekend.

Chr*st, went a bit nuts yesterday.
    Walcott is getting the nod, Navas in the team alone is enough, he's not getting the armband.
    (I'll have to stick a few quid on him as 1st GS now)

• Registered Users Posts: 45,277 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Soldado hatrick today!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

I'm onboard the RVP bandwagon!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

Benteke
    Simple this week.. had captain decided for GW4 about two months ago..

RVP

Plan was always to leave him out until Gw4.. First GW hurt but was spot on leaving him out for GW 2&3

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 148 ✭✭Algeria

Soldado or Giroud captaincy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

Other - Please specify below
    Taking a chance on Giroud. Sunderland have been very poor and Giroud is in good form. Cazorla and Ozil unlikely to play is worrying though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

Going to take a punt on Nani.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭irish son

Benteke (H Newcastle) or Welbeck (H C Palace)?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭Thanos

Going with Benteke myself, was a coin toss between him and Soldado

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

Giroud
    Going to take a punt on Nani.
    Not looking too good now..

• Advertisement

Looking good for those who opted for the Dutchman

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

Algeria wrote: »
    Looking good for those who opted for the Dutchman Frenchman

FYP..Thank you Olivier :D

is that 22 points for captain Giroud?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

Algeria wrote: »
    is that 22 points for captain Giroud?

It is indeed

Benimar wrote: »
    It is indeed

Get in :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

LostBoy101 wrote: »
    Not looking too good now..

Giroud as vice, got lucky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭eire_lad

Walcott
    haha ramsey

eire_lad wrote: »
    haha ramsey

You have him?

If so, niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice

• Registered Users Posts: 6,745 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Giroud
    Even a stopped clock is right twice a day, if you go around choosing the likes of Ramsey as your captain regularly we'll see where you are in May.
    Anyway fair play, it worked out for you this week.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭eire_lad

Walcott
    ya we'll see. his perfect for rubbish teams like sunderland and that standard...not so much against the bigger teams

Advertisement