Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 4 Captain

Options
  • 09-09-2013 9:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭

Went looking for this earlier but realised nobody had made it yet so figured I might as well :)

What are peoples thoughts for this week? Some interesting fixtures that could lead to some big scores..

Defenders seem to be getting captained more and more lately over strikers so that leaves even more options.

Who are you making captain?

Who are you making captain? 166 votes

Mignolet
    0%
    Cech
    2%
    andy125shayno90jmamartingriff 4 votes
    Ivanovic
    0%
    Zabaleta
    0%
    Coleman
    0%
    LeNNoX 1 vote
    Baines
    1%
    gustafogstack166 2 votes
    Mertesacker
    0%
    De Gea
    0%
    qwabercd 1 vote
    Hart
    0%
    Vidic
    0%
    Jose Enrique
    1%
    PWEIFernandoTorresLocal_Chap 3 votes
    Evra
    0%
    Hazard
    0%
    Yaya Toure
    0%
    Silva
    0%
    Nolan
    0%
    NEDDURC 1 vote
    Michu
    0%
    Walcott
    0%
    eire_lad 1 vote
    Mata
    1%
    itsnotmyfaultgavingFHFC 3 votes
    Van Persie
    0%
    james123 1 vote
    Benteke
    46%
    VokesmaddsgimmickIagodave13bohsman[Deleted User][Deleted User]DadesfranmanPOKERKINGrock whoreLemlinMr MoonSte05Macker1zarquoncdevmirwillbebacktom_k 78 votes
    Sturridge
    18%
    Dont be at yourselfSkySterT-b0n3BulmersRikandmailburnerjimmyjim11s_carnagePanthrodonglenGrayditchjamesberedaregoTaytoCrispsrichieffffThe GibzillakilburnKeller BearSlattsyTinie 30 votes
    Soldado
    2%
    AdMMMInvinciblenarfsnonsensepassremarkable 4 votes
    Giroud
    13%
    garbofIce87[Deleted User]who_ruTony_Montanaghosttownprettyboy81OneColdHandInsane RamblingPaully DdjPSBLostBoy101bezuauathunderdogMattHeldersCaptain BobSwiper the foxamber69paul0103 23 votes
    Other - Please specify below
    8%
    Sooner or LaterBinkaSmashingPilotSideshow MarkNinjaTruncsPool4LifeMikeCork2009stiffler123Travels.ieBumble_BeansMr Whirlyjolim24601IsMiseMyselfy0ssar1an22 14 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Benteke
    Rvp if you have him .

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

David Silva has been sent home after being injured training with Spain and is a doubt for Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭Danger781

Benteke
    zerks wrote: »
    David Silva has been sent home after being injured training with Spain and is a doubt for Saturday.

Sugar.. Might need to swap him out so :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Benteke
    Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Rvp if you have him .

As said above .
    The best striker at home to probably the worst team in the league.

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭Who_8_Paul?

RVP is the obvious choice but I hate having my captain in the early Saturday game; for 1 it's torture if he doesn't do we'll and you have to sit through all the other games afterwards and I'm sure I saw some stats before that have shown early Saturday kick offs have less goals on average than later games. I think Benteke could be a good choice this week too, probably VC for me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Mata
    I'm thinking Walcott as Sunderland are all over the place at the minute, o Shea out, Arsenal will hit them hard on the break, and with the Ozil factor I think there could be a big game for Walcott and good chance of a CS too.

Tempted also by Benteke, don't trust Soldado any more, but there's a chance he's due a few goals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Sooner or Later

Don't have RVP so looking for Giroud to do the business against an unimpressive (so far) Sunderland

• Registered Users Posts: 13,329 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Benteke
    RVP no contest

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭moreau

Benteke
    I'm sure I saw some stats before that have shown early Saturday kick offs have less goals on average than later games.

I know what you mean, it def feels this way! But is it just superstition? I remember when I used to play morning games, legs used always feel heavy in the morning games/training.

Has to be RVP, the other thing is they really need to go for the jugular quick and early considering they are coming off a defeat and are away to city next. I hope this shakes off any sleepiness and there will be plenty of points for RVP

• Site Banned Posts: 34 Henry Gondorff

Giroud
    Im torn between Soldado at home to Norwich or Giroud away to Sunderland.

ANy thoughts, guys?

• Advertisement

Benteke

ANy thoughts, guys?

Giroud has scored one goal per game so far. Sunderland have conceded 5 goals in the last 3 games including a 3-1 loss to Crystal Palace..

Soldado has scored 2 penalties in the last 3 games. He is up against Norwich who have conceded 3 in the last 3 with a clean sheet against Southampton.

Take from that what you will.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Benteke
    Every one of Giroud's goals in the premier league have came in London .
    12 at Emirates , 1 at West Ham & 1 at Fulham .

I'd be wary of captaining someone who doesn't seem to do well away from home .

Giroud
    Ive been disappointed with Soldado so far but, f*ck it, I'll stick with him this weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 6,745 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Giroud
    If you have RVP it is an absolute no-brainer for reasons which have already been given, the rest of us will be bricking it and I'd settle for an 8 pointer for him, if he gets 17 it'll be a tough weekend,
    My vote is going to Soldado, Spurs need to start scoring goals, this will be their chance.

Benteke
    If you have RVP it is an absolute no-brainer for reasons which have already been given, the rest of us will be bricking it and I'd settle for an 8 pointer for him, if he gets 17 it'll be a tough weekend,
    My vote is going to Soldado, Spurs need to start scoring goals, this will be their chance.

would you get rvp in on wildcard with the sole intention of just keeping him and captaininhg him this week?

Giroud
    would you get rvp in on wildcard with the sole intention of just keeping him and captaininhg him this week?

Not on a wildcard so it isn't an option but to be honest I'm quite happy to go without him, I know nobody agrees with me but in my opinion Van Persie is not the player he was a few years ago, he's scoring more because he's a real number 9 now but his form would worry me if I was a united fan, barring his hat trick late last year he hasn't been going well since Christmas,
    Saying all that I'd still worry that united could score 5 or 6 on Saturday and if they do he's likely to have a hand in 3 or 4 of them, thing is that all the other top strikers will have to play Palace at home as well.

Benteke
    Not on a wildcard so it isn't an option but to be honest I'm quite happy to go without him, I know nobody agrees with me but in my opinion Van Persie is not the player he was a few years ago, he's scoring more because he's a real number 9 now but his form would worry me if I was a united fan, barring his hat trick late last year he hasn't been going well since Christmas,
    Saying all that I'd still worry that united could score 5 or 6 on Saturday and if they do he's likely to have a hand in 3 or 4 of them, thing is that all the other top strikers will have to play Palace at home as well.
    Sorry what I meant by that was
    If you were on wildcard this week, would you bring rvp in for just this week.
    Im in that situation and I don't want rvp long term , but I just feel this fixture is to good to turn down( on paper its probably the best fixture of the season for Utd). I'll be selling rvp before next weeks game against city and will feel quite comfortable going without him then.

Giroud
    I wouldn't be bothered to be honest, it's probably going to require a points hit to get him out again unless you want to leave 5m in the bank or wait two weeks where he's away at City

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Ice87

Giroud

ANy thoughts, guys?

Whenever I'm torn between two I always look at the odds.

Giroud anytime GS: Best price 6/4
    Soldado anytime GS: Best price evens.

While it is a marginal difference the bookies think that Soldado has a better chance to score.

RVP is a no brainer this week for those who have him.

Giroud
    Ice87 wrote: »
    Whenever I'm torn between two I always look at the odds.

Giroud anytime GS: Best price 6/4
    Soldado anytime GS: Best price evens.

While it is a marginal difference the bookies think that Soldado has a better chance to score.

RVP is a no brainer this week for those who have him.

Excellent tip mate :) cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭moreau

Benteke

ANy thoughts, guys?

If 50:50 between home or away captain, I would always go with the home captain.

Then again, I can't remember the last time I went with an away captain:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

Benteke
    The plan was to get RVP in for GW 4. I'm set up to do that and if i pull the trigger i'll go with him. He's my only exception to a captain in the early games on Saturday's. If i don't get him it will probably be Soldado or maybe Benteke.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Sideshow Mark

Don't have VP, so going with Giroud for now. Hopefully Ozil will be supplying him with goals.

Also considering Benteke but Villa's home form is terrible. My other option is Sturridge, but I'd like to see how Liverpool's new players slot in before I go making him captain.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Benteke
    Even one from RVP will do just to get his season started again. I'm not expecting him to run riot.

I'd be delighted even with a brace for example.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭eire_lad

Walcott
    Was thinking maybe Benteke vs Newcastle??

Benteke
    I'm going to go Giroud this week I think..

Sunderland are atrocious

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Benteke
    Danger781 wrote: »

Sunderland are atrocious

I really feel this is a week where Arsenal could do one of their five or six nil drubbings that they are fond of.

The whole club is buoyed by Ozil signing, Giroud has been scoring and Sunderland are, well, as you put it so aptly, atrocious.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Giroud
    Danger781 wrote: »

Sunderland are atrocious

We will be even worse this weekend with two of Cuellar, Roberge or Diakite at centre back, but it's worth nothing that Giroud has scored 0 of his 14 PL goals outside of London, with 12 of those coming at home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭eire_lad

Walcott
    im think ramsey might be a good bet...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Santi101

Read somewhere on Twitter that Sunderland were soundly beaten by their under-21 side during the week. Is this true? Doesnt matter a great deal I guess.

We tend to have tough matches away to Sunderland and we are also prone to slips post-international break........:eek:....but I do think we can get a 1 or 2-0 win tomorrow.

Advertisement