Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Milkround Offers 2013/2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Minji

I am not even native speaker, freaking out :(
    When is your assessment day April O Neill? is it 4 Nov?

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭neilaccountant

I applied to the 7 firms on the 16th that had to be applied for by that date

Still haven't heard anything from any of them :( and its Monday morning now

Would it be realistic to suggest that I wont be contacted for an interview from any of them ??

I applied for PwC and Deloitte on the last date as well. Got call from Deloitte but nothing from PwC. I suppose they receive tons of applications on 16th and so, don't lose your hope Neil

Minji wrote: »
    Got call from Deloitte but nothing from PwC. I suppose they receive tons of applications on 16th and so, don't lose your hope Neil

Could you oblige me of letting me know what dates you applied to deloitte and pwc ? either here or if you could PM me that'd be great ?

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭AtticusFinch86

I applied to the 7 firms on the 16th that had to be applied for by that date

Still haven't heard anything from any of them :( and its Monday morning now

Would it be realistic to suggest that I wont be contacted for an interview from any of them ??

Wouldn't say it's unrealistic. They get thousands of offers so they will take time selecting which ones to offer an interview to. I would think that there are some applications that are above and beyond the average, meaning they probably get offers right away. Then there are the majority, which are closer to the margins, and so it takes some time to wade through them and decide who to send the offer to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭mgk2004

anyone know how important it is to attend employer presentation? cant believe I missed mine for Deloitte this morning..

Could you oblige me of letting me know what dates you applied to deloitte and pwc ? either here or if you could PM me that'd be great ?

Hi guy,
    Both on 16th. But I guess if we don't hear back anything today, 99% we fail

mgk2004 wrote: »
    anyone know how important it is to attend employer presentation? cant believe I missed mine for Deloitte this morning..

Hi guy,
    Perhaps you can contact the HR to see if it's possible to join another presentation. Mine is scheduled on 29th, followed by interview in the afternoon.

Minji wrote: »
    Hi guy,
    Both on 16th. But I guess if we don't hear back anything today, 99% we fail

Thats exactly what I was thinking, I was giving it until this evening anyways

At least youve heard from deloittes its something, Ive heard nothing

I heard grant thornton are already interviewing candidates ? Not sure if thats correct or not but I just heard it

Thats exactly what I was thinking, I was giving it until this evening anyways

At least youve heard from deloittes its something, Ive heard nothing

I heard grant thornton are already interviewing candidates ? Not sure if thats correct or not but I just heard it

Yeah, they started interviewing on Saturday. They'll be doing them for a few more days.

• Advertisement

Wouldn't say it's unrealistic. They get thousands of offers so they will take time selecting which ones to offer an interview to. I would think that there are some applications that are above and beyond the average, meaning they probably get offers right away. Then there are the majority, which are closer to the margins, and so it takes some time to wade through them and decide who to send the offer to.

Yeah I understand where you're coming from there but still if you're going to recieve an interview you got to be realistic as in time wise.
    As you said if the above average applications already have dates for interviews, it gives a much much lessor chance if the average ones like myself
    I dont really fancy my chances now

I'll be applying for bakertilly and BDO anyways so hopefully i'll have some luck there

Yeah, they started interviewing on Saturday. They'll be doing them for a few more days.

So I wont be receiving an interview from grant thornton either :P

So I wont be receiving an interview from grant thornton either :P

Bar a case of mass food poisoning, probably not. Fingers crossed though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭jubella

Did anyone apply to Grant Thornton in Newbridge?
    I'm disappointed I didn't get an interview.. I've had first class honours results so far in college and 9 months experience in a big4 firm. Didn't want to be cocky but thought I might at least have got an interview!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭April O Neill

Lads, I mean this in the best possible way: CALM DOWN!!! :) Especially you, Neil. ;) Fretting about it is not going to help in any way. Just wait and see, and be patient. :)

jubella wrote: »
    I've had first class honours results so far in college and 9 months experience in a big4 firm. Didn't want to be cocky but thought I might at least have got an interview!

Me to :( I thought a 1.1 and work experience in a chartered accountancy firm would've enhanced my own chances

Maybe achieving a 1.1 and having relevant work experience isn't such a big deal or isn't so impressive than I first thought it would be :/

Same here I thought I would've had at least 1 interview maybe 2.. id be delighted with mazars or rsm Farrell.. anything really

usually though from what I've heard if you do very well in work experience in any of the big 4 they would usually automatically offer a place on their graduate programme ?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,086 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Has anyone applied to Baker Tilly Ryan Glennon?
    Theres a question the form asking you why you want to be an accountant. Not sure how to answer it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭jubella

Me to :( I thought a 1.1 and work experience in a chartered accountancy firm would've enhanced my own chances

Maybe achieving a 1.1 and having relevant work experience isn't such a big deal or isn't so impressive than I first thought it would be :/

Same here I thought I would've had at least 1 interview maybe 2.. id be delighted with mazars or rsm Farrell.. anything really

usually though from what I've heard if you do very well in work experience in any of the big 4 they would usually automatically offer a place on their graduate programme ?

I have a graduate offer with the firm I did my placement with, but it was a tough 9 months, and I don't fancy moving to Dublin for a job I don't really like, so I was hoping to get Grant Thornton in Newbridge... It'd still be tough work but getting home earlier in the evenings would make it more bearable!

I know I'm lucky to have the other offer there, still disappointed though!

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭MLC61

I have spoken with HR within a Big 4 firm. They discard any applications with less than 450 points in the leaving. They will make exceptions for strong third level results but only for certain courses within certain universities.
    The likes of Mazars and other second tier firms will have a second round as many of the students they call for interview will be offered jobs within the big 4.
    Keep the faith.

jubella wrote: »
    I was hoping to get Grant Thornton in Newbridge... It'd still be tough work but getting home earlier in the evenings would make it more bearable!

I know I'm lucky to have the other offer there, still disappointed though!

From what ive heard grant thornton are horrible to work for.. most wouldn't renew their contracts after completing their professional exams and look for work elsewhere.. That's just I what heard.. Everyone has their own opinion though

Lucky indeed ! definitely take that offer if nothing else comes your way

• Advertisement

MLC61 wrote: »
    I have spoken with HR within a Big 4 firm. They discard any applications with less than 450 points in the leaving. They will make exceptions for strong third level results but only for certain courses within certain universities.
    The likes of Mazars and other second tier firms will have a second round as many of the students they call for interview will be offered jobs within the big 4.
    Keep the faith.

So that would've been me discarded straight away then.. though I do have strong 3rd level results.. I wonder what the certain universities are

Thanks for the info :)

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭cat_xx

Keep the faith.

I think this is really ridiculous! Leaving cert grades should not be a requirement for a job when someone has a degree!

So that would've been me discarded straight away then.. though I do have strong 3rd level results.. I wonder what the certain universities are

Thanks for the info :)

I am assuming that they mean UCD, UCC, UCG, UCL, Queens, Trinity and DCU.

cat_xx wrote: »
    I think this is really ridiculous! Leaving cert grades should not be a requirement for a job when someone has a degree!

Agreed !! especially with a 1.1..

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭sureitsgrand

I agree re the LC points thing being a bit ridiculous. Although I would have satisfied the requirements I know many people that are far more intelligent than I am who didn't!

Anyway, first interview obtained, phew. EY.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭cat_xx

Agreed !! especially with a 1.1..

You will definitely get an interview with a 1.1! I wouldn't worry about it. The waiting is an absolute pain though! What departments are you applying for?

I am assuming that they mean UCD, UCC, UCG, UCL, Queens, Trinity and DCU.

Yeah I was thinking that as well.. Because that's obvious.. But most students who are in those colleges will probably have way over 450 points in their LC regardless

Making their exception for "certain universities" a little bit well.. pointless.. for the majority

They will all focus their attentions on this students in the first round. Most will have applied to all the firms.
    As offers are made, students will stop interviewing and the firms will move to their second round.
    As long as you havent received a rejection mail/letter you're still in the hunt.

You will definitely get an interview with a 1.1! I wouldn't worry about it. The waiting is an absolute pain though! What departments are you applying for?

Wouldn't be so sure about that. As much as I would like to believe it myself

• Advertisement

Certainly is a pain alright

audit, tax, forensic accounting in one or two firms

Advertisement