Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Second Captains Live - The TV Show

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭JuanJose

What's the story, anyone know, with the new series being off limits on the RTE Player to those abroad? That wasn't the case last time around.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 clashash

This is a travesty! WE pay for all the games and why now do we have to pay for something that should be free overseas. This is going to turn off every GAA fan abroad and they will not support the GAA again. Greedy guts wiull lose out in the long run beacuse we are fed up of this gauging us for money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

clashash wrote: »
    This is a travesty! WE pay for all the games and why now do we have to pay for something that should be free overseas. This is going to turn off every GAA fan abroad and they will not support the GAA again. Greedy guts wiull lose out in the long run beacuse we are fed up of this gauging us for money.

How has any of this got anything to do with the GAA ? A travesty, really ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

ThisRegard wrote: »
    How has any of this got anything to do with the GAA ? A travesty, really ?

Its the greatest injustice of our time

• Registered Users Posts: 9,619 ✭✭✭Cartman78

threein99 wrote: »
    Its the greatest injustice of our time

If he wasn't alive, Willie Joe Padden would be spinning in his grave

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

According to the Facebook, tonight's line up is

Barry McGuigan (Boxing)
    Shane Lowry (Golf)
    Denis Hickie (Rugby)
    Jonny Cooper (Dublin Gaelic Football)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

I'm guessing McGuigan will be the big interview with the other 3 on the couch together.

Still not too sure having 3 people on the couch from different sports is a great idea as I can see most of the talk being about rugby and GAA so Lowry won't get a chance to say much.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭bren2001

CatFromHue wrote: »
    I'm guessing McGuigan will be the big interview with the other 3 on the couch together.

Still not too sure having 3 people on the couch from different sports is a great idea as I can see most of the talk being about rugby and GAA so Lowry won't get a chance to say much.

Considering Hogan was the stand-alone guest last week I would imagine Cooper is the big interview this week.

bren2001 wrote: »
    Considering Hogan was the stand-alone guest last week I would imagine Cooper is the big interview this week.

Doubt it. He is the least well known of the four guests.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭KlausFlouride

For people of a certain age (and the second captain's crew) McGuigan is the most famous, he was a world champion and was a huge deal in Ireland when he was at his peak.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

They tweeted to say McGuigan is making the changes to the good wall so he's the big guest.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,926 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Lowry watches a lot of sport though. He'd be well able to join in any of the conversations.

Hope Hickie has a road map for his thoughts tonight, was all over the place on their Rugby World Cup preview podcast.

He prob does but there's been a few times where the third person only gets to speak if Eoin asks them a question, other than that they're out of the loop.

He prob does but there's been a few times where the third person only gets to speak if Eoin asks them a question, other than that they're out of the loop.

Given they haven't had him the show or podcast since his big win I'd assume they will ask him direct questions and then have a bit of a general chat with the others.

Yeah, getting three people from different sports on together can be very hit and miss. I suppose they make do with whoever is available on the night.

Shane Lowry's Father won an All Ireland medal the year Offaly prevented the Kerry 5 in a row, that might get a mention.

And the infamous Denis Hickie Wavin Pipes ad!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,582 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Missed the entire last series cos I was away. Very much looking forward to this later.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,937 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Late Late isn't the only show where the crowd clap horribly out of time :o

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,937 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Haha Spillane diving and Mick O'Dwyer pulling the keeper's jersey off while he's down injured.

One of the best things about the show is the lads having a root around in RTE's archive and highlighting stuff like that.

Haha Spillane diving and Mick O'Dwyer pulling the keeper's jersey off while he's down injured.

One of the best things about the show is the lads having a root around in RTE's archive and highlighting stuff like that.

Yeah love those bits.

So, they still barely mention the results/news of the day, is that right?

I would prefer one section about say, the RWC & League Cup today than two interview slots in a row. Since it's live an' all.

• Advertisement

Ken in that Burger advert :eek:

His life philosophy has evolved since then.

The highlights of the Ireland match with the kids was brilliant. Hope they do that every week. Although they don't seem to be on every week this series?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Strongbow10

Was a small bit disappointed about the McGuigan interview.

Would have been great to see him asked his opinions on the Irish amateur fighters and their professional prospects and indeed if he'd be interested in signing any of them.

McGuigan is brilliant to listen to when he is not talking about himself, he has a wealth of knowledge and insight into the sport in general but unfortunately we hear the same interview ad nauseum with him (Cruz, Pedroza etc...)

He has spoken alot about Frampton given hes his manager and promoter of course.

Fair play to the lads for throwing the Barney Eastwood question to him though, i'd say that was a curveball for him.

More 70's GAA footage, brilliant.

They did a good job of re-creating the set in Cardiff.

A few strategically placed pretty girls in the audience.

The players standing for the Rose Of Tralee as the anthem was surreal.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Blue Magic

What's wrong with O'Gara? Some head up on him

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭weadick

That guy standing in the background behind Donal Lenihan is really annoying.

Always notice how there is way more women in the audience at these rugby events than at soccer ones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭weadick

Blue Magic wrote: »
    What's wrong with O'Gara? Some head up on him

Don't think he liked the depiction of the O'Connell injury navan under tens segment...

Advertisement