Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Death.

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭Weevil

**Vai** wrote: »
    All those dogs really go to live on a farm too.
    And all those kittens will be having A Time, helping out at the local granary.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

My granddad knew the day and the time he was going to die.................the judge told him!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,736 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

We all die alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

To live on as we have is to leave behind joy, and love, and companionship, because we know it to be transitory, of the moment. We know it will turn to ash. Only those whose lives are brief can imagine that love is eternal. You should embrace that remarkable illusion. It may be the greatest gift your race has ever received.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

Man, I'm depressed. But the good kind of depressed that a sip of beer will find good company with.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭dodgygeezer

Give me a saddle embolus - instant death.

I've seen all sorts on the wards...gently fading away to awful stertorous breathing. Didn't spend much time in A&E - I'm sure the means are varied (and upsetting) there.

Please let me avoid dementia or motor neuron disease..,.,

• Registered Users Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

I have only ever seen one person passed on and sadly .... that was my mother :(

Seeing someone deceased is an usual thing. I remember touching her face minutes after and the heat was leaving her body. A few minutes later it was cold. Then the last time I touched her it was beginning to get stiff. All in the space of minutes. It's surreal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 653 ✭✭✭Aphex

Sorry for your loss dude :( I have yet to experience a close family member passing away and I am not looking forward to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Thanks for the kind words, Aphex :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 653 ✭✭✭Aphex

Thanks for the kind words, Aphex :)

No problem at all :) Keep the head up :)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 772 ✭✭✭Caonima

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/rushhour-horror-after-cyclist-falls-under-lorry-26566575.html

I saw this when I was walking along the quays to work in Dublin :(

• Registered Users Posts: 16,640 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

I've been lucky so far never to see anyone die. I fear it, because i think i will have the reaction of a child to it, in that i'll be very frightened of it happening again. I remember a friend of mine telling me about the day a man just dropped dead in front of him on O'Connell Bridge. He was not shocked at all, he said matter of factly people die every day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭jugger0

Plenty of sites online where you can watch people getting shot, stabbed, blown up etc, watch a few and get back to us.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,640 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

jugger0 wrote: »
    Plenty of sites online where you can watch people getting shot, stabbed, blown up etc, watch a few and get back to us.

I'll pass on that. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

kneemos wrote: »
    Only ever seen one person die and it wasn't a case of slipping away peacefully.
    Is it normally an easy process or more like a Saw movie.

Ah god love ya, you've a lot to learn. It's always always always a painful tortuous event with lots of screaming and crying by all parties present and then all of a sudden it's all over. Very much like sex.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭token101

CJC999 wrote: »
    Ah god love ya, you've a lot to learn. It's always always always a painful tortuous event with lots of screaming and crying by all parties present and then all of a sudden it's all over. Very much like sex.

How's Spain Larry?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭Spring Onion

token101 wrote: »
    How's Spain Larry?

Hee Hee!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,291 ✭✭✭jmreire

First Death I remember was as a very young kid, and my Uncle died of TB, as many did at the time. He was "Waked" at home, and I still remember it vividly. Later on in Life, I was in a parked car ( it was parked in a layby) when a completely drunk driver hit in the rear and killed 2 people, there and then. I was very lucky to escape. It was to be the first of many such escapes, but would take a long time to list them one by one.Early morning in a town in Belarus, I was walking across a market square when an elderly Gentleman literally dropped dead right in front of me. After seeing that there was nothing I could do, I whispered an act of contrition in his ear, and left the market in a hurry,,,a foreigner standing beside a body would have led to some very serious question's by the authorities. But he died in a good way, very quick. Then on another occasion, a colleague and myself were trying to get two injured kids to a hospital. One had been hit in the head and the other in the stomach. It was a rough trip, but we got the two of them to the hospital still alive. The one who had been hit in the head died, but the other one survived. In another incident, one of our L/C's hit a mine. It happened way off the beaten track, but we managed to get the injured out of the car and back onto the main road on stretchers, but one of died on the road.
    Some were "Quick and easy" some were definitely not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 475 ✭✭AdrianBalboa

jmreire wrote: »
    First Death I remember was as a very young kid, and my Uncle died of TB, as many did at the time. He was "Waked" at home, and I still remember it vividly. Later on in Life, I was in a parked car ( it was parked in a layby) when a completely drunk driver hit in the rear and killed 2 people, there and then. I was very lucky to escape. It was to be the first of many such escapes, but would take a long time to list them one by one.Early morning in a town in Belarus, I was walking across a market square when an elderly Gentleman literally dropped dead right in front of me. After seeing that there was nothing I could do, I whispered an act of contrition in his ear, and left the market in a hurry,,,a foreigner standing beside a body would have led to some very serious question's by the authorities. But he died in a good way, very quick. Then on another occasion, a colleague and myself were trying to get two injured kids to a hospital. One had been hit in the head and the other in the stomach. It was a rough trip, but we got the two of them to the hospital still alive. The one who had been hit in the head died, but the other one survived. In another incident, one of our L/C's hit a mine. It happened way off the beaten track, but we managed to get the injured out of the car and back onto the main road on stretchers, but one of died on the road.
    Some were "Quick and easy" some were definitely not.

Hmm. I think you need to speak to a professional.

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭dd973

Think the Epicurean approach to Big D works best, the only real one you'll experience is your own and if there's a God/Afterlife it's no big deal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,291 ✭✭✭jmreire

Hmm. I think you need to speak to a professional.

Really? Can you be a bit more specific?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,044 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Mod:

Zombie Thread Closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement