Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Manhattan [WGN - US]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,983 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Raf32 wrote: »
    I really dont know how i feel about this show. Some episodes are brilliant and some are so dull. Hopefully it can get more consistent next season.

Dont find it remotely dull, theres humour, serious drama, intrigue, etc. Dont understand the 'lacking direction' comment either, i think its been well structured and is coming to a logical conclusion so far. Every episode ends with questions left to be answered next time which is always good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

Better than average episode this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,983 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Yep twas a great finale, loads to look forward to for the next season. Again it was well acted, Charlie and his wife were excellent this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

Yeah a great final.Another show I really enjoyed, can't wait for the next season of this and the knick.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,208 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Kudos again re the cinematography and the women continue to get some pointed scenes. Secrets have a way of squeezing the characters, that's been the pattern all season long. Thus far, some of them are more toxic than the nuclear capabilities. Spoiler ink on -
    A shame to see Akley go.

Strong teaser. Richard Schiff's character is obviously a Coca Cola fan. Some inevitable restructuring going on. Had its share of tense moments here. Those
    house mics had to come into play at some point and Frank takes the fall.

'It's for the War Dept. Use small words.'

Interview with Sam Shaw over at Vox

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,075 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

William Petersen joins Source

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭mafaa

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,208 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Returns October 13th.

Source

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Looking forward to the second season of Manhattan. Its an under rated show no doubt, but i like the time frame setting and obviously the controversial history behind the bomb and the acting is top notch.

May rewatch the finale of season 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

The Saboteurs recently shown on More 4 wasn't bad. Told the story of the Germans trying to come up with the bomb and the Norwegian/ British efforts to sabotage their efforts

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Just started this, on third episode, very enjoyable.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭Technocentral

The Saboteurs recently shown on More 4 wasn't bad. Told the story of the Germans trying to come up with the bomb and the Norwegian/ British efforts to sabotage their efforts

Would love to see this, is it online anywhere?

Off to a strong start. Presume the 1945 stuff is might be from the s2 finale and everything from now on is the build up to it.

Secrets still burning through.

Think this season's going to deliver, 2.02 was a cracker of an episode. The prison location was great. They really walked a fine line when they
    introduced Beucker who seemed like he might well be a Nazi, but also had a whiff of being an agent to sus out Frank, who still has got a way to go as far as redemption. They made great foils for each other.

Elsewhere, the pieces continue to move around the chessboard and WAMDs, kids. What'll be the chain reaction (geddit?) of the secrets spilling out?

Campfire scene was about right. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,840 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

just watching the first series, its very good , I like the little things they throw in like the pregnant woman smoking and spraying the kids with DDT, wheres 'elf and safety when you need it. It lacks a bit of the atmosphere of the war dramas set in England probably because the whole base setting is pretty remote.

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

Fritz :D

Must look up if there were radio broadcasts about physics beyond mere announcements. Ya know, I saw Spectre today and it's funny to compare how the two handle the theme of information quite differently. It's a lot more layered here, obviously they can do that in a series. It seeps through every wall on the Hill.

Glad to see
    Glen back.
    Also loved how they explored Frank and Liza's back story some more. Rather than have
    Liza be the hack's source it was her daughter. Gives Liza some distance and keeps her focused on Frank.

The
    Hershey's situation escalated quickly, eh?
    :pac: :eek:

No Pulitzer for propaganda. Let's go to Jupiter. :) Also great scene buttoning at the end!

WWFD?

That teaser, eh?

They seem to love the sport analogies and the bug references. Col Darrow certainly
    squashed Frank like one. Relatively low key return for him at the very end (not without cost)
    and jaysus, that chilli!
    Leadership pains for Charlie and Helen. Future Site X visit on the cards for Paul. Nora's right about interactions between her and Jim, careful now. Will Oppenheimer get his head back in the game?

Also, references to ****, faeces and vigorous intercourse. Quite a few days on the Hill. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,754 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

harsh last words to her
    franks back on hill but for how long

i was confused about whether that was a letter from dunleavy or about dunleavy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

I thought he had died in service but the letter was signed by him (I think)

I thought he had died in service but the letter was signed by him (I think)
    letter from his family apparently

Just caught up to 2.07, progressing nicely. Bit of a Mad Men moment there at the end of 2.06.

Needs more typewriter action and dragon tickling...
    Cyanide pill for Meeks -
    Chekhov's gun? Would fit given that the theatrical role too.

Happiness in the world of Manhattan is a rare thing. Poor
    Fritz.
    :(

Serious pair of binoculars there at the start!

Very much a "moving on", offloading of guilt type episode. Frank playing the long game and getting his moment with the Colonel that he missed out on at the end of 2.06.

The chalk drawing was great.
    Charlie's father
    seems to be in fact a giant.

Again,
    poor Fritz.
    :( Now, do we
    trust Paul?
    I reckon so as he's not a chancer, unlike the other Brit.

Barium on my toast. Well, quite.

2.09 was all about the business of being caught, that applied to Frank, Charlie, Abby (tapes room was great), pretty much everyone.

Now
    Frank's back in his office
    someone other than the Army, i.e. Helen can call him on his BS.

Loved how plain-spoken the psychiatrist/interrogator/Bucher was, seemingly that guy gets around.... Liza had her moment too, brief though it was. Hello, Army censorship, once again.

Even with that speech, Oppenheimer
    decking Charlie
    really made me go 'woah!' :pac:

Strong episode, really set up the finale.

Terrific finale with 2.10 - glimpses of the chaos we saw in 2.01 came full circle. If you've been on board all season long, and know where the characters are at, it was electric.
    Gutted about Fritz. Loved that he was pulled more into the centre of this one, alas that often means goodbye for a character and the breadcrumbs dropped in previous episodes such as the wedding footage all loomed. Meeks owning up was a terribly crushing blow. In many ways it was an episode of goodbyes.

Happy for Helen.

Roll on Little Boy.

Oppenheimer still remains a bit of an enigma, imo. Frank continues to be Frank and all of that entails.

Welcome to Jupiter.

Starts on AMC UK on Tuesday January 5th at 9pm

• Advertisement

Advertisement