Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Environmental vandalism in Cabinteely Park

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Jaysus lads, tomayto, tomahto

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,396 ✭✭✭Frosty McSnowballs

Tabnabs wrote: »
    Jaysus lads, tomayto, tomahto

Tomato! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭zagmund

Tomato, eh?

You're not from the borough then, are you? Around here, we call it tomayto
    Tomato! :)

Sorry, couldn't help.

z

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,396 ✭✭✭Frosty McSnowballs

zagmund wrote: »
    Tomato, eh?

You're not from the borough then, are you? Around here, we call it tomayto

Sorry, couldn't help.

z

Tbh I don't know what way we pronounce it, I just point at things and my butler fetches it for me.

:)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,283 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Tabnabs wrote: »

It doesn't say what exactly their objection is.0

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

ted1 wrote: »
    It doesn't say what exactly their objection is.0

I'd say this:

Mr Francis said homeowners in the area were "up in arms" about the fee-charging business which will be run by the successful tenderer, adventure company Xtreme.ie.

I'd take from that statement that if it was free they'd have no issue with it.

21/25

• Registered Users Posts: 23,283 ✭✭✭✭ted1

What's wrong with a fee. The rest of the park is free. There's a fee for clubs to use pitches in parks. It just a case of being a NIMBY. Have they objected to all the facilities being upgraded due to the extra revenue this is bringing in.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭BobbyBingo

Official confirmation from DLRCOCO this morning, that the high wire adventure course is not going ahead. "A decision has been made not to proceed with the proposed development".

B

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭100gSoma

Is there a link? Cheers
    BobbyBingo wrote: »
    Official confirmation from DLRCOCO this morning, that the high wire adventure course is not going ahead. "A decision has been made not to proceed with the proposed development".

B

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭100gSoma

Confirmed: Emailed the communications office and they replied promptly.

"As the Council is currently examining a range of outdoor recreation / adventure projects we have decided it is appropriate for us to develop an outdoor recreation strategy for the County. The aim of this strategy will be to identify gaps in our provision as well as the most suitable location for any facilities identified. In light of this decision, it has been proposed that any further work on the High Wire Climbing Adventure facility at Cabinteely Park be suspended until such a strategy is in place.

Kind Regards,"

Sounds like someone got someone got ahead of themselves and signed a tenant up, without all the myriad of CoCo bodies having their input.

Advertisement