Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seattle Seahawks Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

And there’s that late night sick feeling in the stomach watching the end of a hawks game.

What a finish.

2-0

Won’t be able to sleep for a while after that

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

TheDoctor wrote: »
    And there’s that late night sick feeling in the stomach watching the end of a hawks game.

What a finish.

2-0

Won’t be able to sleep for a while after that

I was watching the end just thinking “Don’t tell me this endS with me having to crawl back to boards and edit my post!” I could have woken up the whole neighbourhood after that last play.

Other than the pass rush, overall very happy where the team is at only week 2 of the season.

Likely to be another shoot out with Dallas next Sunday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

And hopefully next week, the Cowboys STAY dead

Make sure special teams know the rules for an onside kick

• Advertisement

Cowboys @ Seahawks is the second live game on Sky this Sunday.

Looking forward to being stressed out of my mind at 1am per usual.

Cowboys @ Seahawks is the second live game on Sky this Sunday.

Looking forward to being stressed out of my mind at 1am per usual.

1am..... yeah there it is. Oh my god

3-0!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Great results to start the season, but terrible for injuries. This is the bit where I hope we look back at this point in the future and say how fortunate we were to unearth all those talents from the practice squad!

By our standards was a pretty boring one score win!

4-0 and onto the Vikings for Sunday night football.

Be amazing to be 5-0 going into the bye week.
    Hopefully get some bodies back next week on D.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,589 ✭✭✭Tristram

Made hard work of the Dolphins but a wins a win

• Advertisement

Always play up or down depending on the opposition to make sure it’s a one score game.

The Seahawks way

I like to spin the Dolphins game as "We didn't want to push ourselves against a team like them in case we get more injuries that impact the games with the Bills and the Cardinals." It wasn't a great performance, but as we say, it's a win.

I know it's early days, but at this rate I reckon we are looking at playoffs. In which case I hope the Gods do everything possible to have us avoid the Packers at all costs, or at the very least avoid a game at Lambeau Field.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,364 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Offence looking very balanced too. Wilson - Metcalf/Lockett is the top QR/WRs combo in the league right now, and Carson chipping in nicely on the ground.

I just cant do this anymore.... I need the bye week.

5-0

First time ever in the teams history to go 5-0. Would have loved to have have seen it on more decisive victories....but when have we ever decided to try that? :D

First time ever in the teams history to go 5-0. Would have loved to have have seen it on more decisive victories....but when have we ever decided to try that? :D
    Got lucky last night. Got 21 points in 7 plays and 3 minutes in the 3rd quarter, and a perfect 2 minute drill at the end, but struggled outside of that. The O line was in trouble for most of the first half, Minnesota should have just kicked the FG with 2mns left and they'd have been up 8 instead of 5, I understand it's vogue to be aggressive with the play calling but ya have to play the odds too.

We're 5-0 against teams with a combined record of 5-15. Great start, but tougher games to come

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭Vudgie

The most unconvincing 5-0 ever!!!!

Great start but defense still very weak and we could come unstuck against a good team...playoffs should be achievable though.

The biggest blow to us would be if Russ got injured. I know DK and others are coming up as big-time players, but we are still a one-man team. I feel bad for Duane Brown, it must be so frustrating to be as good as a lineman as him, to see the stats from the rest of the line and the number of sacks they are allowing. I feel if we had another OT at his level it would help the line massively.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭akenno

5-0 who would have thought it? Before the season I marked it down as 3-2 maybe 4-1, 5-0 was not a possibility.

Offence is so fun to watch, Minnesota D had their number in the first half but then Cousins made errors and the Offence were able to pounce on the great field position. I don't agree with the O Line playing badly, I think they are massively improved from previous years. Pocic and Shell are playing better than Hunt and Ifedi last year. Metcalf is an absolute beast, Lockett has been quiet the last couple of games but I'm fine with that because you know what you get with him. Carson is doing really well, especially in the passing game.

The defence has been poor, but a lot of teams defences are struggling as well. As bad as they are, they are still making big plays when needed the most, stopping Cam on goalline, intercepting Dak and stopping Mattison on 4th down. I understand that these are not sustainable and luck will eventually even itself out. Pass rush appears to be improving. KJ has really stepped up the past 2 weeks. Dunbar needs to stay healthy because Flowers is an absolute liability. He is constantly getting targeted and showing that he cannot step up into the starter role.

Special teams deserve a mention as well, they have been excellent. Dickson is back to his best, and I don't have as much palpations over Myers running on to the field for a kick. Moore and Homer have had some nice punt and kick returns as well.

I think the bye week is at a good time for the team to get healthy and get ready. The next 4 games will say a lot about where the team really is in the grand scheme of things.

Agree with all the above. Need Dunbar and Adams back post the bye and hopefully the pass rush can improve some what, it did look somewhat better on Sunday night but that wouldn't have been hard. Be interesting to see when Snacks comes into the rotation.

The next 5 game stretch was the one I thought look the hardest when the schedule came out.

@Cardinals
    49ers
    @Bills
    @Rams
    Cardinals

The second Cardinals game is our Thurs game this year so get a mini bye after that.

• Advertisement

Looks like Carlos Dunlap coming in to help with some pass rush

Much needed help, hopefully his dip in form is related to his rotation and annoyance with coaches rather than actually falling off a cliff. Any pressure at all from him, will be better than what we currently have.

I still haven't got over the result last week. Absolutely threw it away several times. I hope they come out and beat the 49ers this weekend to shake that loss off.

I think that was the worst part of the loss last week.

Usually its a come from behind win. Last Sunday started fast, got out ahead the whole game and then blew it.

Seahawks dont lose those sort of games.

Anyway 5-1, most NFL teams would love to be in this position.

We’re ahead by a comfortable margin. What is this wizardry???

We’re ahead by a comfortable margin. What is this wizardry???

Yeah three scores up starting the fourth..... not sure how I feel about this!!!

Heading to 6-1

Yeah three scores up starting the fourth..... not sure how I feel about this!!!

Heading to 6-1

I honestly can’t remember the last time I watched a Hawks game without it taking years off my hearts life, actually disappointed that the 49ers aren’t bringing it as much as I would have thought!

A 10 point, 2 score win.

It’s been a long time!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭coco0981

A 10 point, 2 score win.

It’s been a long time!

Defense is still brutal. I know they were kinda playing prevent defense at the end, but they gave up scores so quickly. That's not going to cut it when they come up against more complete teams like the Bucs/Saints and Packers

coco0981 wrote: »
    Defense is still brutal. I know they were kinda playing prevent defense at the end, but they gave up scores so quickly. That's not going to cut it when they come up against more complete teams like the Bucs/Saints and Packers

7 points conceded in the 3 quarters that the game was competitive. I'll take that. I especially liked Bobby Wagner WWE sack

• Advertisement

That was a nice surprise. I was really worried about this game all week. I was having visions of Shanahan having offensive plays with guys running wide open. The defence played much better, which obviously was not hard compared to where they had been. They went after Garoppolo and got to him. I think Wagner would have heard all the talk of Fred Warner during the week and he really laid down a marker. I hate to put an asterisk on it cos 49ers have injuries but so do the hawks.

DK is an absolute beast!! I was jealous of looking at other teams with these freakish athletes out wide, but now we have one. How he scored his first touchdown last night without even being touched was unbelievable. I also don't know how Russell got the ball to Moore on his touchdown. Moore has really kicked it up a gear this year, he is very dependable.

With the Rams and Packers loosing, to pick up this win and also look to be getting healthier over the next stretch of games is great. Looking forward to seeing Adams back next week.

Advertisement