Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats the best match you've seen?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭0028673

kerry v armagh 06..

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭0028673

tyrone v armagh 05 eclipses them all for me

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Mouth of the South

Hurling : Cork v Tipp 1984 Munster hurling final or either the 1987 draw or replay. Or Cork v Waterford in 2003 or 2004 or 2006 AI semi final. So many classics down the years in hurling, most of them between Munster teams.

Football: Down v Derry 1994

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Cavan 3-13
    Down 2-12

Breffni Park in 2004.

Cavan were 8 points down at one stage after Benny Coulter had scored two first half goals. Then Dermot McCabe entered the fray at half time....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 868 ✭✭✭Gerry91

In terms of serious open football and attacking play, look no further than Galway Cork minor semi 2010. It's on YouTube iirc. Absolute cracker, Galway threw it away though..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,843 ✭✭✭deisedude

Football Mayo v Dublin 2006

Hurling
    Waterford v Cork 2004
    De le salle v Clarinbridge think it was 2010/2011
    WIT v LIT 2008
    Cork V Limerick U21 munster final 2011

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Mouth of the South

Gerry91 wrote: »
    In terms of serious open football and attacking play, look no further than Galway Cork minor semi 2010. It's on YouTube iirc. Absolute cracker, Galway threw it away though..

Yeah, great game, eight goals in it, unreal comeback by Cork to win it but they weren't playing a cynical team. They did in the final though where they threatened a similar comeback but the Tyrone youngfellas all started dropping like flies and rolling around with 'cramp' to waste time. Another reason why I hope Mayo do the double on Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

Hurling : Cork v Tipp 1984 Munster hurling final or either the 1987 draw or replay. Or Cork v Waterford in 2003 or 2004 or 2006 AI semi final. So many classics down the years in hurling, most of them between Munster teams.

Football: Down v Derry 1994

The '87 replay was the first game my Dad took me too and he wonders why I'm addicted to the game ever since, what an introduction to intercounty hurling and a great day in Killarney :D

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭UpTheLilies

The second of the 3 games between Kildare and Meath in the Leinster semi final in 1997. The 1st game and both replays were great games but the 2nd game in particular was EPIC!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,718 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Football.

Kerry v Offaly 1982.

Hurling.

Cork v Galway 1990.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭Browney7

Best Limerick games I've been to in hurling and football as follows:

Hurling Limerick V Waterford 2007 all Ireland semi final. Scored 5 goals and Waterford still nearly beat us. Andrew OShaughnessy with an absolute rocket of penalty to win it and Donie Dozer Ryan scoring 2 goals on instinct to send us to a final for the first time in 11 years. Was a great day for us.

Football: Limerick V Wexford qualifiers round 4 2011. Think the final score was 1 18 to 1 17. Was great to be there to see the lads finally get to Croke park considering not many Limerick people get behind the footballers but the heart breaking narrow defeats to Cork and Kerry the previous few years were forgotten for a few minutes at least. John Galvin did his cruciate at the start of the year but was still on the sideline as a maor uisce. Down to 14 men but got a late goal and a controversial point to win it. For excitement alone it was a brilliant game.

Best hurling game watched would have to be the Cork v Waterford Munster final in 2004 (I think). Game was how hurling should be played. A great day for Waterford.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Hurling
    Offaly Limerick 1994, best finish to a game I've ever seen.

Football, I'm too biased to answer. I did like the old meath Cork games.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Father Larry Duff

Mayo vs Tyrone All Ireland Minor Football Final 2013.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭bohsboy

Mayo vs Tyrone All Ireland Minor Football Final 2013.

Serious? I thought it was an awful game. Late Tyrone goal flattered them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭eigrod

For atmosphere and colour, Cork v Dublin replay in 1983. Unreal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭gaffer91

I really enjoyed the 2008 semi final replay of Kerry v Cork in 2008 where Cork pegged back a massive Kerry lead but Kerry kicked on at the end with a goal by Gooch. Also really enjoyed the 2007 semi final defeat of Dublin. Best game I've been at where Kerry lost would be the 2008 final v Tyrone. Special mention as well to the Donegal Kildare 2011 quarter-final which I had the good fortune to be at.

Hurling- probably the 2007 semi final where Limerick beat Waterford.

Advertisement