Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Becoming a fan of the John Creedon show

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,912 ✭✭✭✭Eeden

Are you in Ireland at the moment, my friend?

Can't you listen on of those wireless thingies? Crusty ole long wave 252 :D

Very underrated band, The Frank And Walters - their new material is just as good as their early 90's peak :)

Yeah, I do have one of those wireless things. But it's a big old machine and I'd have to lug it in here from the kitchen... But it's all good now. Everything's working, yay! :D

And I too love the Frank And Walters! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 71,669 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Eeden wrote: »
    And I too love the Frank And Walters! :)

Same goes for Pugwash, a band who definitely deserve to be bigger than they are - Thomas Walsh is a pop songwriting genius :)

The full version of 'Layla' :cool:

Perfect for such sunny weather...oh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭RomanKnows

He's on an 80's classics buzz tonight!

Oh Vienna!

The Creedon Show is a real gem. Irish, world music, power ballads, country. It's a joy to listen to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭Call me Al

RomanKnows wrote: »
    He's on an 80's classics buzz tonight!

Oh Vienna!

The Creedon Show is a real gem. Irish, world music, power ballads, country. It's a joy to listen to it.

Yes!
    And China Crisis again this week :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Same goes for Pugwash, a band who definitely deserve to be bigger than they are - Thomas Walsh is a pop songwriting genius :)

Yeah, he is a gifted songwriter who never really gets a huge amount of exposure.

And he has been in the wars this week ...

https://twitter.com/porksmith/status/597132955820130304

• Registered Users Posts: 4,675 ✭✭✭serfboard

I was just thinking to meself yesterday that John has been on a lot of various different slots on radio over the years - from late nights to early mornings - but whether it's the music that he's playing now, or the time that he's playing it, for me this slot is his best incarnation so far.

The Midnight Train To Georgia :cool:

WHOO-WHOO! :D

'Gypsy' by Fleetwood Mac - good call :)

Vanessa Paradis?

Oui, s'il vous plait! :D

• Advertisement

Jim Lockhart playing David Lee Roth!! :eek:

(Damn) Good call :D

Just back here for no particular reason to say... John Creedon show - best radio show around!! Beats the pants off any other Irish radio show. He has an amazingly broad taste in music.

Just been for a walk down the beach to watch the sunset with Creedo on the radio - It's Immaterial, Billy Idol, James Brown...life is sweeeeet :)

My favourite two songs by The Doors...good call :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

Van is chicken soup for the soul.

I rarely get to listen to the show when it's on live. I listen back to it the next day. It's a wonderful radio show. Great music and John is a natural radio broadcaster. Makes the whole thing seem effortless.

Top class stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Limerick91

Another excellent show tonight. But seriously John must be sharing the royalties with The Frank and Walters for their music, 2 Franks songs again tonight!!

I was hoping to put a few of John's recent shows onto my ipod to bring on hols with me - but there doesn't seem to be a podcast option. Or am I missing something on the website?

inthehat wrote: »
    I was hoping to put a few of John's recent shows onto my ipod to bring on hols with me - but there doesn't seem to be a podcast option. Or am I missing something on the website?

I think it must be to do with playback rights for music he plays. I can listen to his show the next day because of some software I use on my PC. It's on my phone in mp3 format the next morning.

Could be wrong though.

Playing Tom Waits now. After Green Day and Otis Redding earlier. What a mix! It's a real gem of a show.

Yea I often listen to the playback but as you say there seems to be some reason why I can't podcast it. Pity - I had visions of basking on a Spanish beach at sunset with John by my side :)
    I may have to settle for The Mooney Show.

• Advertisement

inthehat wrote: »
    Yea I often listen to the playback but as you say there seems to be some reason why I can't podcast it. Pity - I had visions of basking on a Spanish beach at sunset with John by my side :)
    I may have to settle for The Mooney Show.

It's not exactly deckchair listening, but the Doc on One series is great and available as a podcast.

Good idea, they're always interesting! There's literally hundreds of them to choose from so I'll download a few. Thanks.

Was just taking a stroll down the beach listening to John, when he played 'Comeback Girl' by Republic Of Loose.

I'm not ashamed to say my walk developed into what the yoof would call a 'swagger'.

:cool:

Randy Newman!!! Yeah, John! :):):)

Hootie And The Blowfish!

:eek: :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,675 ✭✭✭serfboard

It mightn't be popular to say it, but I don't like Amy Winehouse's version of Cupid.

And why does John keep playing New Dorp, New York by Sbtrkt? 'Tis feckin' woeful and an assault on the ears!

Great choices tonight, and with half and hour to go :)

Two from Prefab Sprout, two from Steely Dan, Nick Lowe...

Go with the flow :cool:

Extremely frustrated, can't get it to play on the laptop this evening. !!!!

Will have to listen back tomorrow, sounds like it was good!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,972 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Great choices tonight, and with half and hour to go :)

Two from Prefab Sprout, two from Steely Dan, Nick Lowe...

Go with the flow :cool:

Had a long drive last night which allowed me to tune in for the whole show. John made short work of the N 6 for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

I met John in Sligo this evening. I thanked him for his radio show and he thanked me back for thanking him. We had a 5 minute chat. He was an absolute gentleman.

Advertisement