Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 3 Matchday thread.

Options
  • 31-08-2013 2:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,122 ✭✭✭

Today's early kick off (12.45), gives us City vs Hull, City should be eager to make amends for their loss to Cardiff and going by the polls, most manager's will know by 2.30 if their selection was correct!
    On Sunday, Pool vs Utd followed by Arsenal vs Spurs are the games to look forward to.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭DJKendo

Very interesting weekend. Was toing and froing with who to pick as captain and I'm gonna go with Kevin Nolan! Could come and bite me in the ass. I'm not a David Silva owner but if he turns up tomorrow in form, it could be trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Devia

Dzeko as captain. Could be good or could be a disaster. Only time will tell.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Devia wrote: »
    Dzeko as captain. Could be good or could be a disaster. Only time will tell.
    i think it's more likely to be good.
    could see city scoring 4 or 5 today and dzeko likely to be involved in a couple of those.
    even if he doesn't start (i think he wil) he'd still get 25 or 30 minutes at the end and coming on against a tired defence you'd still fancy him to score.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭Danger781

Have Mickey Turner playing for me today. Have no faith in him to score more than a point.

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭RedPeppers

Silva captain for me, hoping Snodgrass starts or its out the door with him costing me 6.5m.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Want2know

Anyone think Dzeko will be dropped from the starting 11?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Joeyjoejoe43

Want2know wrote: »
    Anyone think Dzeko will be dropped from the starting 11?

No, I think he'll start, but I'll be watching for team news before the 11:30 deadline, usually we'll know by then, if starts I'll captain him, if not I'll go with Walcott or RVP

• Registered Users Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭MuddyDog

I have a feeling Negredo will start.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,137 ✭✭✭✭km79

Good few decisions this week....
    Boric or Westwood?
    Dawson,Turner(also have Lambert) or even Ward (palace) ?
    And finally captain Dzecko, Silva or RVP?
    Any advice appreciated :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

My team for the week. I have 8 of the 11 FFS scout picks so am hoping for big things. They also picked Aguero but I have Dzeko.

I'm going with Silva as captain due to my policy of always sticking with the FFS captain poll.

If I was following my own gut instinct, I'd go with Walcott. I think he could score well this gameweek.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,646 ✭✭✭✭dahat

47ebdd482fbaabd0add76e38efd48a01.png

Massively risky i think but why not,here is hoping Auguero lands the captain points as i changed from Silva last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

No, I think he'll start, but I'll be watching for team news before the 11:30 deadline, usually we'll know by then, if starts I'll captain him, if not I'll go with Walcott or RVP

Team news is never out before 11.30. Just make sure youve got the guy you want captained.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

going with this as my team this week

6RqawHz.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭MuddyDog

What do we think of Whittakers chances of starting for Norwich today? Ryan Bennett started midweek and Whittaker was on the bench and came on after 70 mins and scored a goal.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Team news is never out before 11.30. Just make sure youve got the guy you want captained.

was just about to post the same, generally around 11:45, 11:50 for the early game. you might hear rumours on twitter but nothing ever confirmed before deadline.

only time we ever get that luxury is for a midweek gameweek, when it closes at 7:30, we get the 2 or 3 games that are played on the tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Come on Kevin Miralles, get the finger out this week please.....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭Danger781

v3ttel wrote: »

Decent chance to prove himself this week to be fair.

Still banking on Chadli to show his skills :D

• Registered Users Posts: 48,137 ✭✭✭✭km79

km79 wrote: »
    Good few decisions this week....
    Boric or Westwood?
    Dawson,Turner(also have Lambert) or even Ward (palace) ?
    And finally captain Dzecko, Silva or RVP?
    Any advice appreciated :-)

Should also say I have Snodgrass which is affecting my goalie and defence selections. Not sure I want boric turner Snodgrass and Lambert all in this week!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Joeyjoejoe43

I stand corrected if that's the case, but usually there are fairly reliable rumours floating around... I think I'll go with the safety of RVP, as nothing worse than having your captain play at 12:45 on a Saturday and get 2 points, it kind of balls up the rest of your Gameweek!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

My team for GW 3...

Daniels

Lescott
    Coleman
    Vidic
    Collins

Silva (C)
    Puncheon
    Walcott

Van Persie
    Forward
    Dzeko
    Soldado

Subs
    Mignolet
    Barkley
    Chester
    Brady

If Daniels doesnt start - Mignolet will come in. Puncheon is a gamble but I reckon he could be gamble that could pay off...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Cant decide whether to go 4-5-1 and play Bellamy in Midfield or go 4-4-2 and play Anelka up front argh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭cathalio11

v3ttel wrote: »

He's points scorer. And that's why I'm still hanging onto him! And you too, obviously.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 817 ✭✭✭audman

Anyone think I should take a 4 point hit and sub out Mertesacker for Lescott? Can't see Mertesacker keeping a clean sheet, hoping Lescott will. Low on defenders with Toure injured/Ivanovic not playing this week. Thanks. Any other suggestions bar Lescott? 5.8m in bank with Mertesacker out.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Steel Dog

audman wrote: »
    Anyone think I should take a 4 point hit and sub out Mertesaker for Lescott? Can't see Mertesaker keeping a clean sheet, hoping Lescott will. Low on defenders with Toure injured/Ivanovic not playing this week. Thanks.
    Its a bit pointless really unless you fancy Lescott to score.

Lescott clean sheet = 6 points -4 point hit = 2

Mertesacker no clean sheet = 2

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

MuddyDog wrote: »
    What do we think of Whittakers chances of starting for Norwich today? Ryan Bennett started midweek and Whittaker was on the bench and came on after 70 mins and scored a goal.

Bassong will be back this week and if not this week then certainly GW4...at that point it's likely Martin will shift back to RB so they'll scrap it out but Martin is "Club Captain" whatever that means. To answer the question he's not nailed on but may play.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Anyone think Anelka will start, fancy him against Swanseas back four

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭cathalio11

I say Bassong will take Michael Turner's place because Hughton is keen on pushing Turner up into centre forward.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 817 ✭✭✭audman

Steel Dog wrote: »
    Its a bit pointless really unless you fancy Lescott to score.

Lescott clean sheet = 6 points -4 point hit = 2

Mertesacker no clean sheet = 2

Well I feel stupid :)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Still cant see any team sheets for City v Hull.

:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

Silva as Captain.
    Didnt make a transfer, will have 2 for next GW.
    There was no need to sell Benteke, as he is my only Villa/Chelsea player.

Advertisement