Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JOHN 3:7 needs a Hill 16 ticket for Sunday

Options
  • 30-08-2013 1:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Can anyone help... Frank Hogan - aka Mr. JOHN 3:7 has not been able to get a Hill 16 ticket for Sundays semi final between Dublin and Kerry. Please private message me if you know where he could get one. He would happily meet you before the game, to thank you and get the ticket from you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Limestone1

Will the game still go ahead if he is not there ?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,745 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

Lucky he didn't need a ticket to stand outside the gates of UL with a sign telling students they would go to hell for having sex outside marriage.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 PGT

Yes - barring an act of God! But it just would not be quite the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

That guy should be barred from attending advertising his hateful views.

You mustn't know what Frank looks like. He is a true gentleman. The only board he ever uses is the very well known JOHN 3:7.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

He has'nt a hope of getting a ticket for Saturday's game:D. However for Sunday..............

Hateful??? The bee in your bonnet must be stinging if you think Frank hateful.

Thanks... I've corrected the error.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,380 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

plenty of others looking for a ticket, to go watch the football.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

plenty of others looking for a ticket, to go watch the football.

And no one will miss him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

Pm sent. I have spares.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

If he changes the sign to SATAN 3:7 for a laugh, I'll give him my ticket

• Registered Users Posts: 4,380 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

THFC wrote: »
    And no one will miss him.

agreed
    religion, policital views etc should not be promoted via the GAA

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭c_man

agreed
    religion, policital views etc should not be promoted via the GAA

I agree with the statement, but it's hardly GAA endorse. It's one guy. Should we ban Confederate, Empire of Japan, Stars and Stripes flags (Cork people :pac: ) from matches?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Is it not a point score pun rather than impose religious views was that the case to impose religious views?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭newmug

Fair play to that man. Although most people would agree with his views, there are some who wouldn't. But at least he has the sliothars to express them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Which county was it that threw his sign out of a train after an All-Ireland final? It wasn't Clare was it?

newmug wrote: »
    Fair play to that man. Although most people would agree with his views, there are some who wouldn't. But at least he has the sliothars to express them!

I was more talking from the point of view of the man himself. Obviously I have to be careful what I say on here, but from previous encounters with him (all with friendly intentions) I found him an unpleasant man. And honestly, I've never heard a good word about him.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,699 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

doovdela wrote: »
    Is it not a point score pun rather than impose religious views was that the case to impose religious views?

Brother Hogan is preaching the good word. Standing watch over the heathens until Jesus returns, "chun corn seo a glacadh" on the steps of heaven. Testify!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,379 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Nothing for or against the man, but its strange to see him being tolerated by the GAA to broadcast his views. If he had a banner with say coca cola would he be tolerated, or say emirates airlines during a hurling game

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Brother Hogan is preaching the good word. Standing watch over the heathens until Jesus returns, "chun corn seo a glacadh" on the steps of heaven. Testify!

Oh! :/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

Ahhh ... thank jaysis a bit of light relief in the build up to Sunday ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Agree with the views expressed by most here, I'd be more than happy if he was never allowed into the ground with that sign. Peddle your voodoo outside a church and don't be stinking up Croke Park with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Which county was it that threw his sign out of a train after an All-Ireland final? It wasn't Clare was it?

Ha ha whats this, tell me more

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

PGT wrote: »
    Can anyone help... Frank Hogan - aka Mr. JOHN 3:7 has not been able to get a Hill 16 ticket for Sundays semi final between Dublin and Kerry. Please private message me if you know where he could get one. He would happily meet you before the game, to thank you and get the ticket from you.

He should eff off forcing his religious mumbo jumbo down our throats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

He was advocating the back door system way before the GAA brought it in. Offaly Born Again in '98! :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

THFC wrote: »
    I was more talking from the point of view of the man himself. Obviously I have to be careful what I say on here, but from previous encounters with him (all with friendly intentions) I found him an unpleasant man. And honestly, I've never heard a good word about him.

Agreed, I met him once at the Kerry - Mayo 2006 All-Ireland final and I just said hello having recognized him from the TV, at the same time there was a huge advertising billboard up with a nun praying for Kerry and I said jokingly, "shur Kerry will be okay they have help from up above" and he reacted very bad, off the rocker about religion and very serious and unpleasant. I quickly exited his presence and had the banter with some Mayo women instead. His sign is unique yes but really in this day and age is it relevant?

Kildare iirc, and don't think it was after an AI final.
    Stinicker wrote: »
    Agreed, I met him once at the Kerry - Mayo 2006 All-Ireland final and I just said hello having recognized him from the TV, at the same time there was a huge advertising billboard up with a nun praying for Kerry and I said jokingly, "shur Kerry will be okay they have help from up above" and he reacted very bad, off the rocker about religion and very serious and unpleasant. I quickly exited his presence and had the banter with some Mayo women instead. His sign is unique yes but really in this day and age is it relevant?

Yeah, heard a few stories along those lines, and some with him reacting a bit worse to harmless things, but again, I'm not going to say anything about him on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,973 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

who are the Cork lads

one always wears a big sombrero, hes an old chap and the other always wears a big native american hat.

true gaa men those 2 are

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

Cyril Kavanagh is the sombrero fella, a real sound Corkonian and a true GAA man, nice chap and good banter when Cork and Kerry meet!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement