Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weightloss muscle tips.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭thegreatiam

Davei141 wrote: »
    That's some nice horse crap to deflect the fact you still haven't a clue about the subject at hand.

Ah a veterinary DR, then you would be an expert on horse crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Borboletinha

Again....not a DR dont recommend surgery. Even a real DR wouldn't recommend any treatment on a patient he has never even examined.

Now take your fake medical certs and shove em.
    Why so aggressive? Can't stand to lose an argument can you? Then try not to argue about things you know nothing about!! You call us doctors but I would love to know where all the mighty authority from your posts come from! Again nobody told the op to go under the knife. I wrote the solutions I know are available. Laser treatment is not surgery. Dont believe me google it! You seem to have a lot of time on your hands.

Again....not a DR dont recommend surgery. Even a real DR wouldn't recommend any treatment on a patient he has never even examined.

Now take your fake medical certs and shove em.
    Why so aggressive? Can't stand to lose an argument can you? Then try not to argue about things you know nothing about!! You call us doctors but I would love to know where all the mighty authority from your posts come from! Again nobody told the op to go under the knife. I wrote the solutions I know are available. Laser treatment is not surgery. Dont believe me google it! You seem to have a lot of time on your hands.

the first post you recommended plastic surgery, or are you so forgetful you need me to quote you again.
    If you want to be so irresponsible then feel free recommending surgery to every tom dick and harry you see.
    Not got correct form on your weight? Plastic surgery.
    Struggling with weight loss? plastic surgery.
    Am I a Dr? Plastic surgery.

what, plastic surgery is not a wise decision to be made with out medical training or examining a subject first? Lasers then. PEWPEW.

Quit trying to cover your screw up. You recommended plastic surgery before and no doubt you will do it again. lazy, irresponsible people tend to repeat their mistakes.

plastic surgery.
    plastic surgery.
    plastic surgery.
    plastic surgery.

• Advertisement

I would love to know where all the mighty authority from your posts come from!

That's the point, there is no authority. So unless you are a medical professional, or a trainer responsible for the individual case then you are limited to what you can recommend.
    Diet and exercise is pretty much going to cover that.
    I don't have an issue with the laser treatments. You say you used them for your ugly stomach then that's fine. Feel free to promote it.

The issue I have is with the plastic surgery.

If you're not one of the mentioned professional then the only advice you can give is, diet, exercise or go see a DR. also lasers PEWPEW

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

That's the point, there is no authority. So unless you are a medical professional, or a trainer responsible for the individual case then you are limited to what you can recommend.
    I don't have an issue with the laser treatments. You say you used them for your ugly stomach then that's fine. Feel free to promote it.

If you're not one of the mentioned professional then the only advice you can give is, diet, exercise or go see a DR. also lasers PEWPEW

Charming fellow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭ambid

AmyLouisee wrote: »
    Hey boards!

So since the beginning of this year I've managed to lose close to 80lbs! :D
    I did it the healthy way by following a healthy diet and exercising 5-6 days a week.

I just want some tips on how to really tighten stomach muscles as my stomach is saggy (with extra skin :( ), for the past 3 weeks i've been doing 20-30 sit ups in the morning and before I go to bed but they don't seem to be helping at all.

I'm 20, 5ft 3 and female, and currently weigh between 140-142lbs.

I'm hoping to lose another 15lbs by the end of the year, and I realize that muscle weighs more than fat!

Anyone have any tips they would share with me? Really appreciate it!

This thread's gone a bit weird... but I just wanted to say a huge well done to the OP! Those are amazing results and I hope you're very proud of yourself.

Saying "there is plastic surgery to remove skin" is not the same as recommending it!!!
    However recommending it is not illegal either as you seem to think it is in your crazy head.
    Lastly my stomach might have been ugly I'll give you that but you are an overall ugly person and no amount of exercise and healthy eating will fix that!!! Ah, and no laser treatment or plastic surgery for that either!! Your case is hopeless.

Saying "there is plastic surgery to remove skin" is not the same as recommending it!!!
    However recommending it is not illegal either as you seem to think it is in your crazy head.
    Lastly my stomach might have been ugly I'll give you that but you are an overall ugly person and no amount of exercise and healthy eating will fix that!!! Ah, and no laser treatment or plastic surgery for that either!! Your case is hopeless.

not illegal no, but irresponsible and against site policy.

and finally whah whah boo hoo.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 20,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

MOD Warning: Borboletinha and thegreatiam, stop now. No more bickering. Both infracted for being uncivil.

Borboletinha, this is a health and fitness forum, please don't come here to recommend cosmetic and surgical options, thanks.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

I was not aware you couldn't mention cosmetic procedures. I'll rephrase my first post so. Op , if you cannot get rid of saggy loose skin with exercise alone it is not because you are lazy or are not exercising properly it is because it's extremely hard. Congrats on the weight loss though. That takes will and discipline and it proves you are not lazy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

I was not aware you couldn't mention cosmetic procedures. I'll rephrase my first post so. Op , if you cannot get rid of saggy loose skin with exercise alone it is not because you are lazy or are not exercising properly it is because it's extremely hard. Congrats on the weight loss though. That takes will and discipline and it proves you are not lazy.

It is possible.

It is possible.
    It's also possible to bike and win the tour de france without steroids. Not a lot of people do it though.

It's also possible to bike and win the tour de france without steroids. Not a lot of people do it though.

only one person per year can win it, that's why.
    If they held a tour de france for every person that wanted to get thin and fit then there would be more non-steroid abusing winners.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

But it is possible?

Why are you being so negative to the OP?

You are pretty much saying there is no hope for them without surgery. Exhaust all other options before going down that route.

And BTW, just for reference, I've undergone cosmetic surgery myself and I wouldn't be quick to recommend it to anyone.

Personally speaking after losing a lot of weight (about the same as the OP) 7+ years ago I have got myself into good shape and great shape at times. I eat very well and train as much as I could/can, at my leanest you could see my abs and muscle definition was everywhere - apart from where I have loose skin. Getting that lean and still having lots of loose skin was pretty crap. Literally could not have lost anymore weight. I always knew it wasn't going to disappear, people generally know their bodies. Didn't stop me from trying though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

Here a doctor asserting that loose skins is a myth, not sure how correct he is but something to ponder

http://www.bodyfatguide.com/LooseSkin.htm

The ignorance is astounding.

Advertisement