Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rugby neologisms

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Lievremont - ????

(suggestions please!)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Lievremont - ????

(suggestions please!)

Trying to fit a square peg into a circular hole.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Redskinsdog

lol..

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Poc

Verb

Definition: Cause to feel extreme fear, sometimes referred to as the "fear of God".

Example:

action_poc.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭Swiwi.

Dying Swan: Chris Ashton if (when) he drops the ball doing one of those ridiculous dives, and costs England a match-winning try; the period during which this try-scoring manoeuvre subsequently fades from use

• Advertisement

Lievremont - ????

(suggestions please!)

The term used to describe a series of apparently random and nonsensical selections, which occasionally produce an unexpected victory.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Lievremont - ????

(suggestions please!)

The scientific peculiarity of travelling in completely the wrong direction yet almost arriving exactly where you want to go.
    Also known as not having the Phineas Foggiest (Phineas Frog?)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,973 ✭✭✭19543261

Rugby neologisms Boards.ie Thread - Squeezing milk from a rock

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,828 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Also an outdated neoligism was Kidney Infection

Which was the period after each 6 Nations when irish players had to remember how to play cohesive attaking rugby.

I'm still upset no newspaper ever went with the headling "Ireland need a Kidney transplant" (or some wittier version of it).

Podge_irl wrote: »
    I'm still upset no newspaper ever went with the headling "Ireland need a Kidney transplant" (or some wittier version of it).

Close enough.

• Advertisement

I'm thinking I'm detecting sarcasm here. But it's hard to tell from the computer screen's tone of voice...

Damnit.

Acronymity - the art (epidemic on the forum) of identifying a player using only 3 letters, so that only those "in the know" can follow the discussion.

Like any random punter stumbling on the Leinster forum will keep wondering who this son of a b*tch is that everyone keeps referring to in such glowing terms.

Ah LVR you've got AMI cus SOB, BOD and POM didn't pay up their IOU at the IDS for you IMS but it was your LOI and PDF that made them think it was a WOT.

Key.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

.ak wrote: »
    Ah LVR you've got AMI cus SOB, BOD and POM didn't pay up their IOU at the IDS for you IMS but it was your LOI and PDF that made them think it was a WOT.

Key.

TMI :P

• Registered Users Posts: 24,197 ✭✭✭✭Buer

I'll settle for the banner "All heart, no Kidney" that was in Lansdowne in the days of yesteryear.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭toomevara

'Knockonathon', an RL neologism courtesy of Shaun McRae, former Souths and Salford city reds coach..as evidenced by the second half of last weekends woeful Challenge cup final...

Advertisement