Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 3 Captain

Options
  • 26-08-2013 11:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭

Will probably wait for the FFS poll, but a City player looks the safest option. Spurs and Arsenal players (midf & strikers in this case) are also one's to watch, as for the last 2 seasons at the Emirates the NLD derby has given us 14 goals. The Wolf at home to S'ton could also be one to watch.

Who will be your captain? 218 votes

Joe Hart
    0%
    Zabaleta
    0%
    Dzeko
    4%
    LeNNoXcdevmuletidemailburnerdavemckenna25PARlancePopTartsSasha144IsMiseMyselfIanOBo 10 votes
    Clichy
    24%
    the whole year innsionnachIagoneacy69PWEIkeano_afcbohsman[Deleted User]smokingmanNecronomiconJoeyjoejoe43peterswellmanRikandzarquonbofdsane1GonzovisionMint Saucesandtredarmy 54 votes
    Silva
    0%
    NoelJBNMC 2 votes
    Yaya Toure
    37%
    SickBoygarDont be at yourselfDempseyT-b0n3jossnjuicerock whorejames123NalzRedPeppers[Deleted User]tom_kFutureGuymoreauF1ngersDearg81menoscemoAmiraniSideshow Markrossit 81 votes
    Aguero
    1%
    Gibletmonster1MuddyDogjaybe1 4 votes
    Negredo
    5%
    franmanTristramandy125prettyboy81stiffler123PadkirTheEscapistCapajomaLightningBlueSkippy44orkkukunkkuJ0E_90Koptain Liverpool 13 votes
    Soldado
    1%
    redzerdrogwho_rupollocks 3 votes
    Vertonghen
    4%
    Vokesjoxers25greensausagex43r0GOOSEPAULBig Pussy BonpensieroThe Phantom JipperrobocodeMichael D Not Higginsstuartkee 10 votes
    Podolski
    0%
    Giroud
    0%
    Walcott
    3%
    big_showcallaway92TinieBleating LambJaMarcus HustleJudge Roy Beanfreelance2013 7 votes
    Mertesacker
    5%
    Macker1Ice87WoollyRedHatTaytoCrispsScorpion StingTVSAdamwestTipsy McSwaggercathalio11bucketybuckthunderdogBoots234Santi101fta93 13 votes
    Robin van Persie
    0%
    Rooney
    5%
    RaphaelYeatsCountyLemlinshamcfcHooverslick89membersonlyScrappyladKill AchChris RyanDrkitkat 11 votes
    Sturridge
    0%
    Invincible 1 vote
    Coutinho
    0%
    bazwinKingJamsie 2 votes
    Lambert
    0%
    The Wolf
    0%
    Coleman
    1%
    jimmyjim11Brussels Sproutcaddy16 3 votes
    Nolan
    0%
    jmaLiamalone 2 votes
    Michu
    0%
    Benteke
    0%
    Pedalare Pedalare! 1 vote
    Frazer Campbell
    0%
    wicklowwonder 1 vote

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

Yaya Toure
    I was thinking about trying Silva might be a risk but you never know, I have aguero alright but something tells me he might be dropped and Negredo and dzeko up front,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

Yaya Toure
    Silva for myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Clichy
    Dzeko for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Vertonghen
    Poll added. Apologies for any omissions, heavily weighted towards City & Arsenal.

Seriously considering giving it to Soldado, think he might bag one or two on his NLD debut. I'll probably wait for the FFS poll though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Yaya Toure
    i think silva is the safest bet this week, dzeko owners will be taking a slight gamble with negredo coming on and scoring but i'd be 75% likely dzeko will start. with chelsea not playing, united and liverpool involved in a tough game, ruling out coutinho/RVP etc, and arsenal playing spurs i think it's a no brainer to go with silva. in fairness, you could go with walcott or giroud, given that there's usually goals when arsenal play spurs, but i fully expect city to score at least 3 and you'd have to think silva will be involved somewhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,910 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Yaya Toure
    Very much looking at Silva alright. Who knows though?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 95 ✭✭Judge Roy Bean

Walcott
    Giroud for me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Santi101

Mertesacker
    Walcott or a City player for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭moreau

Yaya Toure
    Silva for me too. City backlash I hope.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Walcott
    Going with giroud.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,646 ✭✭✭✭dahat

At the way things are Zabaletta could be an option...

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,208 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Silva seems like a safe option, but I think he tends to score consistently but not heavily. If I was sure Dzeko would play I'd definitely put it on him, but there's that niggling risk of a 1 pointer.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 11,130 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Silva was my captain last week, he'll likely keep it, though if I had any bottle I would give it to Aguaro.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭jolim24601

Clichy
    No Bent? Berbatov? Newcastle one of the worst teams in the league right now. Also West Brom are doing poorly, I could see Michu or Bony scoring at least 1.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Yaya Toure
    Mine is sitting on Silva for the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

Negredo
    Aguero for me no brainer IMO....I'm top heavy with City players also have Dzeko & Silva :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Steven81

Benteke is down and what is worse is someone has him down for captain

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭orkkukunkku

Negredo
    Aguero for me, I think he ll tear a new one for Hull.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Vertonghen
    Steven81 wrote: »
    Benteke is down and what is worse is someone has him down for captain

:o I can't stop laughing though:D

Completely forgot he wasn't playing, only threw him in because of his high ownership.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,096 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Dzeko
    THFC wrote: »
    :o I can't stop laughing though:D

Completely forgot he wasn't playing, only threw him in because of his high ownership.

I've checked who voted for him and added them to my ignore list just in case they ever give some advice on here that I'm tempted to take :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

Vertonghen
    Soldado. I think Arsenal aren't going to cope with the NLD game (also because Zabaleta is my only City player)

Dzeko
    I voted for Zabaleta but I can see that changing (also have Silva & Aguero).

He had a very poor game last weekend and I don't know if the city defense are good enough just yet to be confident of a clean sheet and captain him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Santi101

Mertesacker
    I think we're going to spank Spurs tbh, and I'd consider myself a fairly pessimistic Arsenal fan. Spurs are now going with all brutes in midfield without much creativity...and then Lennon and Chadli wide which isnt great. Two 1-0's due to pens isn't great IMO and I think they're ripe for a beating.

I know we were shocking vs Villa but we thumped Fener and Fulham away since and usually perform at home to Spurs.

I think at least two of Cazorla, Giroud, Walcott will be amongst the points. And Soldado could too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭cathalio11

Mertesacker
    What are the chances of Dzeko starting?

Noticed that he was subbed off around the 60-70th minute against Cardiff so was wondering?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Yaya Toure
    cathalio11 wrote: »

Noticed that he was subbed off around the 60-70th minute against Cardiff so was wondering?

I'm not doing it. I'll go with someone else. I captained him last week, and while it worked out, I don't think I can handle the nerves of him not starting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭cathalio11

Mertesacker
    I'm not doing it. I'll go with someone else. I captained him last week, and while it worked out, I don't think I can handle the nerves of him not starting.

Nothing worse than keeping track of the games praying that a certain player isn't subbed on :D

Dzeko
    cathalio11 wrote: »

I was bullish about him being a starter last week, and indeed, thought he would be guaranteed for a few weeks into the future. I still think he'll start but I think it's a case of working Negredo into the team steadily at Dzeckos expense so I can see Negredo getting even more time this week
    Negredo came on for him in the 69th minute and he was very good. He'll get a bag full of goals once he starts.

I captained Dzecko last week but he's being replaced by Aguero this week as part my wildcard week. I think it's going to be a front two of Negredo and Aguero for City as the season goes on, I'll be all over Negredo when he get's his spot.
    Nice price fall to date too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Clichy
    Dzeko captain, balls out bravery.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭Munster Magic

Soldado, Giroud or Walcott???

Lescott is my only other City player, could gamble and go with Nolan at home to Stoke

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 95 ✭✭Judge Roy Bean

Walcott
    Gerrard as captain

F*ck it. Really fancy Liverpool to beat the Mancs comfortably

Advertisement