Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reviewing Leaving Cert Papers

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

oncex wrote: »
    found the whole thing strange, got marked down by the chief examiner in histiory, my english wasnt counted up right. Biology was marked so hard, even if my answers were right they werent said in the exact same way

Found that a bit too, the marking scheme had amino acids as 'units of protein' and I said 'basic units of protein' and got 0, which I found odd. For a lot of other questions like that the same thing happened in both Biology and Chemisty.

I've heard so many stories of papers being added up incorrectly, ten marks were omitted from my Irish paper but I still got an A1 so it's obviously not worth making a fuss about but it's just sloppy work like, these marks are making the difference between people going to college this year or next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭HPMS

My music was marked 4 separate times!! Eventually by the Head Examiner (black writing)...it was a bit strange to see red pen, two separate greens and a black pen all over my script! Each time they brought me down in marks...went from 96 to 92 in listening paper! But still got the A1 so doesn't make that much of a difference!

Maths paper I was marked twice, same marks each time. That's really all I noticed! Everything else seemed to be in order. Delighted with my Irish and English essay - 95 in both!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,143 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Slow Show wrote: »
    I've heard so many stories of papers being added up incorrectly, ten marks were omitted from my Irish paper but I still got an A1 so it's obviously not worth making a fuss about but it's just sloppy work like, these marks are making the difference between people going to college this year or next year.

A mistot shouldn't affect a college place. Those errors are rectified quickly. What takes longer is the full re-checks.

I used to hate the totting day when correcting. You would be boggle-eyed after five hours of totting the totals of hundreds of papers and then you'd have to write your report and get it all sent off the same day. Don't know how anyone does it more than once or twice. Horrid job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 505 ✭✭✭oncex

spurious wrote: »
    A mistot shouldn't affect a college place. Those errors are rectified quickly. What takes longer is the full re-checks.

I used to hate the totting day when correcting. You would be boggle-eyed after five hours of totting the totals of hundreds of papers and then you'd have to write your report and get it all sent off the same day. Don't know how anyone does it more than once or twice. Horrid job.

It might if your 5 points off though. May I ask how I go about rectifying a mistot? Should be up a grade.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,143 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

oncex wrote: »
    It might if your 5 points off though. May I ask how I go about rectifying a mistot? Should be up a grade.

You tell the teacher supervising the viewing of the papers. They have a special form for totting errors.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44 eoinoc2509

2 marks off a b1 in ag ec (forgot to put in tonnes and kg when labelling my graph worth 1 mark each)
    4 marks off b2 in biology
    got 88% in my ag science project though

Advertisement