Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reviewing Leaving Cert Papers

Options
  • 26-08-2013 4:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭

I haven't received a viewing time yet by the Organising Superintendent for when I'm reviewing my papers. Is this the case with everyone or should I take action?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 505 ✭✭✭oncex

I haven't received a viewing time yet by the Organising Superintendent for when I'm reviewing my papers. Is this the case with everyone or should I take action?
    Havent gotten mine either, strange!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,408 ✭✭✭Sunny!!

Haven't gotten mine yet. The best thing to do if you don't get any by friday is just to pop in on the friday anyway i did that last year and there was no problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Phoenix Wright

Is it possible to change the title to "Reviewing Leaving Cert Papers"? I guess everyone gets the point either way :)

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭thegreatescape

I got rang by one of the teachers in my school about it and was given my time and date. I think you should call your school and find out.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Is it possible to change the title to "Reviewing Leaving Cert Papers"? I guess everyone gets the point either way :)
    Yes. :)

They'll probably come out in the post tomorrow or Weds; if not, maybe contact the school.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭CookieMonster.x

Does anyone know how long it takes for your result to come back if your marks were added up incorrectly? I read that you fill in a different form but not sure when it comes back.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Does anyone know how long it takes for your result to come back if your marks were added up incorrectly? I read that you fill in a different form but not sure when it comes back.
    Yes, it's a different form, and it definitely comes back a *lot* faster; couldn't give you an exact timeframe off the top of my head though.

I got mine in the post this morning so everyone else should probably expect them tomorrow? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14 wattiepad

I got mine around two/three days after bringing it into school. If you still haven't received it before Friday, I think you should just contact the school just in case, no harm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭Vito Corleone

I got mine two or three days ago I think, maybe contact the school if it doesn't arrive soon?

• Advertisement

Thanks for the help everyone, my date finally came in the post today.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭SeanyboyQPR

Can you only view them in the allocated slot? I want to view all of them as I need ten points and might not have enough time by using just Friday evening... Can I head back in Saturday if that's not long enough?

Can you only view them in the allocated slot? I want to view all of them as I need ten points and might not have enough time by using just Friday evening... Can I head back in Saturday if that's not long enough?

I'm not too sure. Your best bet would be to ask the supervising attendant when you arrive. I'm guessing it wouldn't be a problem. However, if he says that you can't return I would view the papers you felt most hard done by first. I.e If you always got A1s in Maths and got a D2.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Undeadfred

Are you able to bring the Marking Scheme into the viewing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭ChemHickey

Undeadfred wrote: »

There are usually of plenty of marking schemes there. That was the case with my school and I presume most others. I think the SEC send them out to the schools with the papers which are being reviewed.

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭aimzLc2

Undeadfred wrote: »

They should have all the marking schemes there for you.

Went in today to see that an extern brought me from an A2 to a B1 in English :( I'm five points of my course, also got slated in paper 1 in Irish. I'm appealing up to four as it stands but at least two.

aimzLc2 wrote: »
    They should have all the marking schemes there for you.

Just to confirm, I reviewed today and that was the case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

I was 2 marks off a A2 in Biology. Plus I was 6 marks off an A1 in Geography. My written section was really good( got full marks in most questions). Yet I was hammered on the project, even though it was done perfectly( some of parts of my project were full marks, but I was hammered in part 3 & 4). Im definitely appealing the two even through I have the course I want.

hfallada wrote: »
    I was 2 marks off a A2 in Biology. Plus I was 6 marks off an A1 in Geography. My written section was really good( got full marks in most questions). Yet I was hammered on the project, even though it was done perfectly( some of parts of my project were full marks, but I was hammered in part 3 & 4). Im definitely appealing the two even through I have the course I want.

Missed the A1 in Geography by 8 marks myself, my teacher said the correction was basically watertight though so I'm going to leave that one slide with a tear in my eye haha :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭mixery

:(:( Initially I got an A2 in Geo and B2 in English but then the chief examiner brought me down a grade in each :/ . I got my course though so I don't really care, but still pretty annoying.

what can i bring in, a calculator or anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭ray2012

Yeah, you can bring a calculator in with you.

I was in there earlier and my biology was corrected by the chief examiner too. I got a C1 by the first corrector but then the chief examiner brought me up to a B3 (exactly) so I was happy with that :P I think my Irish corrector was high or drunk while correcting my class' papers though.. Some marked extremely poor.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

Lolz I win, one mark off an A1 in Maths. FML.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭Tommyrawr

I got full marks in the project in geography and two srps off full marks for the geoecology essay (which I thought I did the worst in). The examiner only gave me 6/30 for Subcontinental India and 4/30 for Population of a European region. I had 2 pages of an essay done for each of these and was picking out the SRPS as I read through it. Found this really odd. Did anyone else not get 2 marks for naming the region/what you studied. My teacher always said 2 marks were always offered when you started off like that?

Are people appealing just because they're close to the next grade? Surely you'd see by the marking scheme of you've any chance of going up a grade?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

My friends daughter viewed her paper last night and seen 3 major mistakes. Her ABQ was corrected in business and not added to her total marks( she got 80/80 marks in the ABQ). She didn't get her bonus marks for sitting her exam through Irish in one subject. Also in another exam the marks were added up wrong

hfallada wrote: »
    My friends daughter viewed her paper last night and seen 3 major mistakes. Her ABQ was corrected in business and not added to her total marks( she got 80/80 marks in the ABQ). She didn't get her bonus marks for sitting her exam through Irish in one subject. Also in another exam the marks were added up wrong

Those type of mistakes don't have to be appealed though, right? She points the mistake out to the supervising attendant who makes a report and then her grades are changed. That's what we were told anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭thegreatescape

Appealing my A2 in Biology as there was sections I'd answered correctly but weren't marked on and the marks I should have gotten would bring me up to an A1 in total. Here's hoping anyway!

• Advertisement

found the whole thing strange, got marked down by the chief examiner in histiory, my english wasnt counted up right. Biology was marked so hard, even if my answers were right they werent said in the exact same way

Advertisement