Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fly and a horse.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭who_me

Every time I leave any food lying about (particularly during the summer), there are flies everywhere. Damned flies. Can you imagine if you came home and there were a dozen or so horses munching on your half-eaten food and rubbish, and landing on top of your at every opportunity; not to mention leaving their poop all over the place?? Would be very inconvenient. Damned horses. On the other hand, it just occurred to me all those flies have been leaving mini-poops all over my apartment for years now, the place must be covered with it. Damned flies...

This is a tricky one. Think I'll just focus on the meaning of life for now, and come back to this...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

who_me wrote: »
    Every time I leave any food lying about (particularly during the summer), there are flies everywhere. Damned flies. Can you imagine if you came home and there were a dozen or so horses munching on your half-eaten food and rubbish, and landing on top of your at every opportunity; not to mention leaving their poop all over the place?? Would be very inconvenient. Damned horses. On the other hand, it just occurred to me all those flies have been leaving mini-poops all over my apartment for years now, the place must be covered with it. Damned flies...

This is a tricky one. Think I'll just focus on the meaning of life for now, and come back to this...

Also if you think about the insectecutor things in restaurant and canteen kitchens which causes flies to explode on contact sending body parts everywhere , imagine what would happen if a horse exploded in your kitchen .

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭chuckyarelaw

We constantly compare other living things to ourselves. The closer it is to human the more uneasy we feel about harming it. Horses have personalities and emotions much like humans do, we can even communicate with them, so we see too much of ourselves in them to be as comfortable with harming them as we would be a fly. That's just based on my feelings on the matter and is in no way based on any scientific studies I'm aware of.

That's very true.

A horse told me a joke once about an Irishman, Englishman and a donkey.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

Us mammals gotta stick together!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

MadsL wrote: »
    Well I seen a horse fly
    I seen a dragon fly
    I seen a house fly

I seen all that too
    I seen a peanut stand
    And heard a rubber band
    I seen a needle that winked its eye

But I've been, done, seen about everything
    When I see a elephant fly
    What'd you say boy
    I said when I see a elephant fly

I seen a front porch swing
    Heard a diamond ring
    I seen a polka dot railroad tie

But I've been, done, seen about everything
    When I see a elephant fly

Racist!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,744 ✭✭✭diomed

Have you ever tried swatting a horse with a newspaper?

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

This will the new line in the anti piracy ad's

You wouldnt steal a car ... you wouldnt kill a horse

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Is CUMA liom.

kneemos wrote: »
    Goes faster too.
    they're go faster stripes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,221 ✭✭✭NuckingFacker

Soo, you're saying that it's not normal to be able to kill a horse the same as a fly then? Riight...heh heh, noo, jasus, no, never did...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

Flies come looking to fuck up my day so I smush them in the face.
    Horses keep to themselves. They're cool.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭SoulTrader

I've never left the window open and had 4 or 5 horses running around inside my house. Also, no horse has ever landed on my ear.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭Gannicus

A horse has a face - most people cant kill something with face
    What sort of scary flies do you have with no face.

http://www.publicdomainpictures.net/pictures/10000/nahled/322-1228107688PgKD.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

My cat just spent ten minutes chasing the shadow a fly was casting on the floor.

Stupid cat.

She'll **** herself if she ever sees the shadow of a horse.

Advertisement