Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Burglars Helping Each Other Out...?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭ozmo

I heard the chalk story during the 80's when it was supposed to be the door to door beggers leaving marks as to what houses they would recommend tapping. Think it was false back then too.

Here is a proper site for crime statistics in your area -
    http://airo.ie/news/airo-crime-mapping-toolkit

Screenshot: 239683.jpg

“Roll it back”

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

KTRIC wrote: »
    Shortly after I moved into my house we got a dog, within days we noticed a "d" in chalk on the front gate. Bit of a co-incidence if you ask me.

Maybe someone heard that you wanted the D and just got confused as to what that meant?
    probably just a friendly misunderstood neighbour.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭face1990

Why would burglars help eachother? Wouldnt they rather their competing burglars got caught?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

I had read about these burglar codes in the paper and some weeks later I came back to my house after a long weekend to see strange symbols scrawled in faint chalk on my door step. I was incensed. Someone had been staking out my house. Figuring out who lived there and when they were away and stuff worth stealing I stood on my doorstep staring at these marks for many minutes. What had they written in their cryptic hieroglyphics? What did they mean?

Then my housemates niece came out with a stick of chalk and asked me "Do you like my drawings?"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭BillyMitchel

Ah lads come on. Who in their right mind is that paranoid and worried that they log onto crime.ie. Some nosey liveline listeners pressing the refresh button every 5 seconds. FFS.

OP I'd say its rubbish. That's saying "no honor among thieves" comes to mind. If I was a criminal would I really really trust what another was telling me through a few lines of chalk? Not a hope!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

The chalk markings are mostly urban legends but tagging of houses does exist. Members of a...certain ethnic group...have been known to call at houses and leave a small bag of rubbish nearby on the premises, noticeable enough that the homeowner would dispose of it if present. A handy indicator if the residents are away on holiday.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,937 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

If you tippex out the explanations you have a burglar theory test.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭Bipolar Joe

If you tippex out the explanations you have a burglar theory test.

And tippex on your monitor.

Advertisement