Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Burglars Helping Each Other Out...?

Options
  • 25-08-2013 9:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭

Just found this on http://www.crimeireland.com/
    'Da Pinchi Code' - Burglars are scribbling chalk marks outside homes to let fellow criminals know which properties to target. Remove these if you see them and notify the resident please!

(I dunno if I can post a picture - but image is in the link)

Are burglars really tagging houses....and if so, should I go draw a big circle with an X on it to keep myself safe?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

I think it's bullshít tbh. If it is true it's limited to very small number of houses and only in certain upper class areas I'd imagine.

Play it safe, get a shotgun instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

Sounds like bollocks tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Howard Juneau

Urban legend that's started in America & keeps popping up here every few months. I wish people would just let it die, or do a Google search before putting it in a paper as news

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Freddy Smelly

SV wrote: »
    I think it's bullshít tbh. If it is true it's limited to very small number of houses and only in certain upper class areas I'd imagine.

Play it safe, get a shotgun instead.

would a grizzly bear in a pissed off mood work as well as the shotgun?

would a grizzly bear in a pissed off mood work as well as the shotgun?

If you can keep a grizzly bear in a pissed off mood tamed without a shotgun then you have no worries about anyone breaking in.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,221 ✭✭✭NuckingFacker

The journos have been watching too much of the hobbit.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Facebook has infected boards.ie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,465 ✭✭✭Sir Humphrey Appleby

UCDVet wrote: »
    Just found this on http://www.crimeireland.com/

(I dunno if I can post a picture - but image is in the link)

Are burglars really tagging houses....and if so, should I go draw a big circle with an X on it to keep myself safe?

Not this again, its been done to death!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭Don't Chute!

There's no way scumbags would be able to draw pictures like that!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭OU812

Strangely, one of the kids told me today there was a strange chalk mark on our side gate, I went out to check it & it was like a "C" with the opening at the top.

I was actually going to post about it on here this evening.

It could just as easily be one of the kids messing, but there's no other marks around which I'd expect. Have a big dog with a loud bark & an alarm so I'm not unduly worried but I wouldn't dismiss the possibility of them doing this out of hand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,068 ✭✭✭Specialun

Sounds fair to me..a burglars time is precious and cant afford to be wasting it...same as motorists flashing others to warn of speedvan ;)

Specialun wrote: »
    Sounds fair to me..a burglars time is precious and cant afford to be wasting it...same as motorists flashing others to warn of speedvan ;)

Wait..wanting to avoid being caught breaking the law is the same as wanting to know how to best break the law? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Freddy Smelly

OU812 wrote: »
    Strangely, one of the kids told me today there was a strange chalk mark on our side gate, I went out to check it & it was like a "C" with the opening at the top.

I was actually going to post about it on here this evening.

It could just as easily be one of the kids messing, but there's no other marks around which I'd expect. Have a big dog with a loud bark & an alarm so I'm not unduly worried but I wouldn't dismiss the possibility of them doing this out of hand.

sleepless night tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    Facebook has infected boards.ie.

Like.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

That site is a complete mess. The bulk of their "latest reports" are Russian spam submissions; clearly they've no housekeeping going on. I wouldn't consider them a worthy source of any info tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭BluesBerry

well i know what im chalking outside my house - the nothing to steal symbol :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Shortly after I moved into my house we got a dog, within days we noticed a "d" in chalk on the front gate. Bit of a co-incidence if you ask me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭Bipolar Joe

I kind of doubt thieves would want other thieves to know which house is good to target. Surely, they'd keep it for themselves? "Hmmm, that house would be PERFECT to burgle! But I do have a date with Sharon. I guess I'll just put a symbol here with my trusty chalk stick, just in case another thief isn't as savvy as I am."

• Registered Users Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

I kind of doubt thieves would want other thieves to know which house is good to target. Surely, they'd keep it for themselves? "Hmmm, that house would be PERFECT to burgle! But I do have a date with Sharon. I guess I'll just put a symbol here with my trusty chalk stick, just in case another thief isn't as savvy as I am."

Good girl, Sharon.

sleepless night tonight?

Nah. Big loud dog & alarm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,362 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

KTRIC wrote: »
    Shortly after I moved into my house we got a dog, within days we noticed a "d" in chalk on the front gate. Bit of a co-incidence if you ask me.

Thats one seriously clever dog.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,499 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Chalk marks. In a country with incredibly high rainfall. Yeah right.

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭Elbaston

They're marking the letter 'M' on the faces of the elderly with chalk to indicate muggable.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

I'm just in after drawing a shotgun outside.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭jaffacakesyum

I drew a Batman symbol

MYOB wrote: »
    Chalk marks. In a country with incredibly high rainfall. Yeah right.

Mine appears to be crayon or colouring pencil... wax of some sort.

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭Elbaston

Theres a chalk drawing outside my house a a penis penetrating an anus - and a frown.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

I went out and wrote in chalk on my wall 'If you enter my house as a burglar, I will kill you'

They can't say they weren't warned.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Elbaston wrote: »
    They're marking the letter 'M' on the faces of the elderly with chalk to indicate muggable.

Could mean Muggle and that the wizards are planning a takeover... We just don't know.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 772 ✭✭✭Caonima

There's no way scumbags would be able to draw pictures like that!

I was just thinking the same thing. That symbol for 'already been robbed' is way beyond the ken of scobie cunts that go around burglarising people.

Advertisement