Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Big Bang Theory - Season 7 [CBS - US]

Options
  • 25-08-2013 12:46pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭

Fresh thread to get the ball rolling, but....is this DVD pic of season 6 like the weirdest ever! :confused:

Look at Sheldons head! :eek:

big6.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭StompToWork

All I want from season 7 is Penny singing "Soft Kitty" just one more time. *Melt*

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

i wonder if theyll be getting an 8th season, contracts are up for renegotiation after season 7, and being honest helberg and nayyer got screwed last time, on nearly 1/3 of what galecki, cuoco and parsons got, their in a much stronger position now, the show is a much bigger success now than 3 years ago, and they are more intertwined into the cast,

still season 6 was a brilliant season after the massively hit and miss seasons 4-5, im really looking forward to it,

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

When a show becomes successful they should really do a Friends job on it and make sure they are all on the same cash and they all agree or they walk. While this may not be as big as Friends,it has still won Emmys and is big for the network.

They should have all stuck together on negotiations and gotten the same,and ye maybe some were there at the start before others but they are all now equally as important.

tvnutz wrote: »
    When a show becomes successful they should really do a Friends job on it and make sure they are all on the same cash and they all agree or they walk. While this may not be as big as Friends,it has still won Emmys and is big for the network.

They should have all stuck together on negotiations and gotten the same,and ye maybe some were there at the start before others but they are all now equally as important.
    i agree totally, but there seems to be a division with them all, galecki and cuoco negotiated together, and then parsons negotiated by himself and got the same as the other 2, then helberg and nayyar went seperately and nayyar ended up on less than helberg by the simple fact he had less lines, then when bialik joined the cast it was reported she was on more than nayyar

• Registered Users Posts: 11,778 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

this show just gets worse, some of the joke/situations are horrible

• Advertisement

i thought the opening 2 episodes were great, i actually laughed out loud on a few occasions, the show has really come back on form since the terribleness that was season 4 and 5, 6 was excellent,

but to each their own i suppose

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

don ramo wrote: »
    i thought the opening 2 episodes were great, i actually laughed out loud on a few occasions, the show has really come back on form since the terribleness that was season 4 and 5, 6 was excellent,

but to each their own i suppose

I thought they were good enough too but a couple of ideas in the second one were too close to stuff that happened in Friends (Howard acting all woman-like and Sheldon thinking Penny's cheating on Leonard when it's actually him in the room).

ok that was a fun one

• Registered Users Posts: 32 nine9nine

Thirsday's was great! Hope they can keep it up. I also want to see how the end it when they inevitably do, wonder will they get another season out of it after this? Cant see them going beyond that tbh

nine9nine wrote: »
    Thirsday's was great! Hope they can keep it up. I also want to see how the end it when they inevitably do, wonder will they get another season out of it after this? Cant see them going beyond that tbh
    its one of the biggest shows on tv, contracts have already be signed by amy and bernadette (60k each per episode), only a matter of time before the rest sign, sure raj and howard will probably only be bumped up to about 150-200k per episode, which isnt bad for the network having main cast members on such low wages heading into season 8, its penny leonard (whos the most irrelevant member of the cast at this point) and sheldon that are gonna cost, and theyll probably get something like 400-500k an episode which is also very affordable for the network,

all in all your probably talking 2 million for a 7 person cast on the 8th season, thats pretty good and very sustainable considering the ratings the show is still getting, think 2.5 men had the 3 cast members pulling in a combined 2.8 million just before sheen left, sheen was getting 1.6million, cryer was getting 750k and jones was getting 500k,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

No danger of it not getting another few seasons... It's the #1 rated scripted series in the US...

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

nine9nine wrote: »

It's an American sitcom, it'll run for years yet. There's sod all character development in it so they can keep rehashing the same tired jokes every week. Although Raj can talk to girls now so that's a gamechanger right there :pac:

krudler wrote: »
    Although Raj can talk to girls now so that's a gamechanger right there :pac:
    only took 6 seasons, imagine what they can do with another 6:P:P:P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

It's very 'meh'. Some parts are getting a laugh but I'm usually plain-faced watching it. The whole Raj/Howard rubbing and touching each other was really awkward though.

The character progression is nearly nil. It's annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

It's very 'meh'. Some parts are getting a laugh but I'm usually plain-faced watching it. The whole Raj/Howard rubbing and touching each other was really awkward though.

It really, is, you could pick an episode from each season and probably not know which one was which unless it revolved around one of the bigger story arcs like the wedding or whatever.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,826 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I've watched the first there episodes just there and am loading the fourth. I must say, I've laughed quite a bit so far. Strong start to the season IMO. Amy singing Neil Diamond was hilarious. Her facial expressions are just hilarious!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

3rd ep best so far, as it had the whole cast as one & it was one big laff after another, yeah Amy singing Neil Diamond was v.funny, i havent seen Bernadette that mad for a while, but whenever Raj & Howard are together i just FF as the two of them are getting tiresome.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Drodan

don ramo wrote: »

Think the "outfit" was a bit of a nod to Futurama actually, when Leela sticks on something that looks the exact same but Fry's off with his brain worms. Nice little touch.

I'm thinking about Futurama when looking at that picture, probably should be worried about that......

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Drodan wrote: »
    Think the "outfit" was a bit of a nod to Futurama actually, when Leela sticks on something that looks the exact same but Fry's off with his brain worms. Nice little touch.

I'm thinking about Futurama when looking at that picture, probably should be worried about that......

There's only 2 things you should be focusing on when you're looking at that picture and Futurama is not either of those things! ;)

• Advertisement

great ep great song

• Registered Users Posts: 4,923 ✭✭✭paulbok

great ep great song

I was kinda expecting
    Something to happen Bernadette
    when they were finishing the song

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

paulbok wrote: »
    I was kinda expecting
    Something to happen Bernadette
    when they were finishing the song

Me too!It suddenly took on that ominous air. When she said she felt shaky I thought "here we go!" .

Maybe we are just hardened pessimists :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

I couldn't switch off from the canned laughter the whole episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,834 ✭✭✭✭Basq

That episode was strange..

.. felt like a Valentines Day episode.

I couldn't switch off from the canned laughter the whole episode.

its not canned, (although it may be enhanced)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

its not canned, (although it may be enhanced)

Yeah i looked it up, its real laughter just not genuine laughter.

It really needs to get some character progression, im starting to hate each and everyone of them.

krudler wrote: »
    There's sod all character development in it

It really needs to get some character progression

I agree for the most part but one of the things I like about TBBT is that, after the first one season, they did progress the character of Penny. At the start she was the stereotypical ditzy dumb blonde, and the series would not have worked if they had kept her like that imo. Instead they gave her an increasingly dry, sarcastic sense of humour and wrote her as someone who, despite not being a science nerd, was not a complete airhead.

I think of her being sort of like the opposite of Joey from Friends, who started out as a little dim but believably so, who then became unrealistically thick by the end, just for cheap laughs. :(

lads its 7 seasons in, why people are still whining about canned laughter is beyond me, and also more or less every character has evolved in the last 7 seasons in some way or the other, the show started with 4 super nerds and a girl, now its 4 nerds and 3 girls, the 3 girls are dating 3 of the guys, all their relationships are completely different, and now raj can go get a woman for himself also,

think of the character progression on lorres other show 2.5 men, the character development is practically nil after 11 seasons,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,923 ✭✭✭paulbok

Enjoyed that one.
    Racism, Sexism, drunkness. It had it all :D

Advertisement