Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you know First Aid?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭Inbox

I've thought about doing a course, but easier just to google it if the need arrives.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

*bursts into the forum slightly breathless after rushing*

"Don't worry I'm a first aider, everything will be ok"

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

Inbox wrote: »
    I've thought about doing a course, but easier just to google it if the need arrives.

You could buy a book and teach yourself. I extremely doubt if someone is lying unconsious (for instance) on the floor that you will have time to google it. Seconds count

I think the FAST stroke campaign is a very good idea. It shows how effective television can be

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭nervous_twitch

Nope. I would puke and panic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭tosspot15

How to manage cuts/bleeds
    How to manage fractures/sprains
    How to recognise a stroke
    How to do CPR and AED
    What to do with somebody in a carcrash/head+neck injury
    Recovery position

Thats pretty much all you need to know. Its simple stuff. Most people have done a first aid course, but forget it a few months later.
    especially since CPR changes every few years.

Remembers its 30 compressions + 2 breaths. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Yup, part of passing the driving test here. Have to attend a course and pass it, before you can sit your test.

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭truebluesac

Fully qualified paramedic , i also run first aid courses , i run them for big groups like community , football and sport clubs at cost price and teach from basic up to EMT level at he moment .all courses included the DFib . Only last month i recieved a email of a person who had sat the course the previous month and had saved a life in their sports club useing the Dfib .

First aid works and is a nessiary course peeps . In fact the most common place to use first aid is with your own family

Advertisement