Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Well done Brown Thomas

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Well, the west wing takes a month to decorate, then the same for the east wing. Then the staircases at the front and at the back of the house. The meandering driveway and gardens also take some time to get right.
    Don't start me on the lighting scheme inside and out of the place!
    I find it really helpful that Brown Thomas stock the decorations this early, otherwise I'd get nothing done in time for the BIG day!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,429 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I don't know what the big deal is Harrods opened their Christmas shop in July!

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭kfk

mfceiling wrote: »
    Went in yesterday to get the nespresso capsules (only bricks and mortar store in dublin that sells them) and guess what??

They have the full christmas shop set up.

Yep...christmas shop.

Now christmas day isn't in one months time, or two, or three or even fcuking four so what the fcuk are they at?

They might as well put the easter eggs and valentine's shíte out for sale while they are at it.

Its going to get to the point where people will be unsure if the retailers are early or late setting up the Christmas shop!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

I don't know what the big deal is Harrods opened their Christmas shop in July!

I think they get a big crowd over for the Australian Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

I also hate the Christmas displays in shops in August and I also hate shopping for presents, but as much as it pains me, if I saw stuff online that I think it'd be a good present for someone, I would buy it, regardless of time of year.

I don't want to get ripped off during the festive season and 9 times out of 10, I'll find what I'm actually looking for, during the rest of the year.

But I do this VEDDY VEDDY quietly so as not to disturb my fellow Christmas moaners.

But yeah balls to that, next it'll be Christmas all year..Like a reverse Narnia!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,731 ✭✭✭dmc17

This stupid ad from the Co-operative is more of it. It ruins Christmas if you're looking at it all year :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,183 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

mfceiling wrote: »
    To be fair it's fierce handy and better than any shíte you buy in a jar.

True coffee lovers will have the full gear but for a quick cup the nespresso is grand.

To be fair, although I'm a coffee snob, i drink starbucks every day. It's because they are the best coffee shop nearby. Although I'd only give them a 6/10. Nespresso is probably the same. Not great, but the best available :)

btw, thanks to this thread, I've had "I wish it could be christmas every day" stuck in my head

So basically get a Nepresso for Christmas is the OPs subliminal message.

Hmmm....

*whispers* shill! :D:pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

If you dont like Christmas and Christmas Trees/Decorations in certain shops then fine.

But please stop moaning on and on about it.

Get a life and find something else to do with your life FFS.

Christmas is a great event and thing for people to enjoy and it puts a smile of alot of peoples faces.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,242 ✭✭✭Archeron

I still have my Arthur's day tree up. Totes embarrassment balls.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,731 ✭✭✭dmc17

paddy147 wrote: »
    If you dont like Christmas and Christmas Trees/Decorations in certain shops then fine.

But please stop moaning on and on about it.

Get a life and find something else to do with your life FFS.

Christmas is a great event and thing for people to enjoy and it puts a smile of alot of peoples faces.

Yes, but it loses a lot of it greatness when you are looking at it all year round. This is the problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,628 ✭✭✭Femme_Fatale

It's always bemusing to see how ridiculously irate people become about this. Why does it elicit such a response? Why does it bother you at all?
    I'm not being facetious, I really don't understand this.
    Yeh I don't understand utter rage at it - you can just avoid Christmas shops - but at the same time, for me personally, one of the best parts of Christmas has always been the excitement of the build-up (and yep, as a grown-up, not just as a nipper :pac:) to things getting Christmassy. The earlier this starts, the less of a novelty.
    After Halloween, when winter officially starts with the clocks going back, is plenty of time to start a gradual Christmas build-up. There's only so long it can be built up for without the end being anti climactic.

dmc17 wrote: »
    Yes, but it loses a lot of it greatness when you are looking at it all year round. This is the problem.

Completely agree.

I love Christmas but I don't like it when I'm inundated with ads on telly every five minutes in the run-up to it, the constant festive songs on the radio, the mad rush everyone's in, the expectations, the let-downs, the stress it causes, etc.

But when the day arrives, of course I enjoy it like everyone else.

I think when it gets to the stage when Christmas trees are being put up in shops in August, you have to agree that is taking away the novelty and spirit of Christmas.

Anyone who Christmas shops before Christmas Eve is a zealot inho. You cannot beat the sheer terror of being utterly incapable of thinking of a suitable gift.

dmc17 wrote: »

You could say that about alot of shop and store features and about alot of things in life.

Less complaining and more enjoyment of life is whats needed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭RiverOfLove

The Janaury sales will probably start in September.

The Janaury sales will probably start in September.

Sure isn't today Valentine's Day! :P

fussyonion wrote: »

No,its "Love Day"...:pac::D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭RiverOfLove

fussyonion wrote: »

It will be St.Patricks night tonight in Galway doing jigs and reels on Shop Street after closing time.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,796 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Grayson wrote: »
    To be fair, although I'm a coffee snob, i drink starbucks every day. It's because they are the best coffee shop nearby. Although I'd only give them a 6/10. Nespresso is probably the same. Not great, but the best available :)

btw, thanks to this thread, I've had "I wish it could be christmas every day" stuck in my head

This place for the coffee win......http://www.3fe.com/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,655 ✭✭✭1966

Christmas party tonight...............Merry Crimbo everyone !!!!

🎄

• Registered Users Posts: 4,730 ✭✭✭Naos

Spotted a few Christmas tins of beans in superquinn 2 months ago.

Either trying to off some old stock or they're seriously forward planning.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭lau1247

Hootanany wrote: »
    Are you sure?
    lau1247 wrote: »
    Fairly confident, they have a whole section for them nespresso machines at the basement floor beside headphone section.. Can't see why would they sell the machine and not capsules..

I'm venturing in later, let you know what I find tonight

Confirmed
    Grayson wrote: »
    I've seen them in harvey normans too. not that I'd drink that muck.

I'm not much of a coffee drinker so doesn't affect me either way

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

• Registered Users Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

Anyone who suggests they are a "coffee snob" and then says they drink Starbucks regularly is taking the piss. Absolute muck.

Advertisement