Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Well done Brown Thomas

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭Wabbit Ears

They did it at the end of August last year as well and the exact same thread happened....

They did it at the end of August last year as well and the exact same thread happened....

Exact same?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,608 ✭✭✭Chareth Cutestory

Rumour has it a number of Christmas decorations have been selling in Dundrum since June.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭Wabbit Ears

yea, word for word exact same.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Penny Dreadful

mfceiling wrote: »
    Went in yesterday to get the nespresso capsules (only bricks and mortar store in dublin that sells them) and guess what??

They have the full christmas shop set up.

Yep...christmas shop.

Now christmas day isn't in one months time, or two, or three or even fcuking four so what the fcuk are they at?

They might as well put the easter eggs and valentine's shíte out for sale while they are at it.

Christmas is lovely. I love Christmas.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Exact same?

Well not any more now!!!:mad::mad:

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

I remember I was on the Dart years ago, and there was a guy with a discman (yeah that long ago) listening to christmas songs .... in the summer.

Really, I thought it must be a mix CD the next song will be a regular one , nope another christmas song.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

cannot believe nobody's said it yet, im just going to have to,

won't somebody please think of.......

the staff :(

think about it, "ahh sure <holiday that shall not be named> is 5 months away, thats got to be worth a 50% discount surely?"

the poor staff :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭mitosis

Pfft, someone who HAS TO go to BT for coffee complaining about the imminence of Christmas. World's gone effing mad!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭Friend Computer

It's always bemusing to see how ridiculously irate people become about this. Why does it elicit such a response? Why does it bother you at all?
    I'm not being facetious, I really don't understand this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

I bet those kids in Africa wouldn't complain having Christmas decorations in their local brown Thomas!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,608 ✭✭✭Chareth Cutestory

Where I used to work Christmas decorations would arrive in August and the dregs would be hanging around on sale until about mid March. I certainly wouldn't say it filled me with rage but the whole year revolved around Christmas, 7 months looking at the same bloody decorations began to drive me slightly insane. I understand it's the busiest time of year in retail but for the people who are surrounded by Christmas for so much of the time, it really takes away some of that warm/fuzzy/magical feeling that people get (unless you are a monster with a heart of stone) when it does eventually roll around.

When I was younger I used to love seeing Halloween decorations in shops but no one really gives a hoot about that anymore, it's just not enough of a money spinning holiday I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

Feckin Xmas Trees in Brown Thomas, what is the world coming too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

and the 4 months of christmas bitching on boards begins..

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

slowpoke.jpg

and the 4 months of christmas bitching on boards begins..

Here something to listen to as you bitch.

http://radio.securenetsystems.net/v4/index.cfm?stationCallSign=XMASFM

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭fishy fishy

yes, and I saw Christmas cards in a shop yesterday in town. actually meant to post that here but forgot. :D scary

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

threads merged, please use search before posting

danniemcq wrote: »
    threads merged, please use search before posting

Christmas forum
    >

Missed opportunity for lulz imho.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭lau1247

mfceiling wrote: »
    Went in yesterday to get the nespresso capsules (only bricks and mortar store in dublin that sells them)

Everyone is so distracted by the display, no one mentioned that BT is not the only shop that sells them capsules. Arnotts sells them too.

Now to the distraction, man that is ridiculous, it is getting earlier and earlier each year

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

Happy x-mas everyone and may your new year be a kind and happy one :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

lau1247 wrote: »
    Everyone is so distracted by the display, no one mentioned that BT is not the only shop that sells them capsules. Arnotts sells them too.

Now to the distraction, man that is ridiculous, it is getting earlier and earlier each year

Are you sure?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭lau1247

Hootanany wrote: »
    Are you sure?

Fairly confident, they have a whole section for them nespresso machines at the basement floor beside headphone section.. Can't see why would they sell the machine and not capsules..

I'm venturing in later, let you know what I find tonight

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

They can't be selling too much of anything if they can devote half a floor, or whatever it is to junk that's not going to sell for 3 months. Seems more desperate than daring to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

I'm taking my children in tomorrow and demanding to see Santa and he better be fucking there or I will raise holy hell!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

CJC999 wrote: »
    I'm taking my children in tomorrow and demanding to see Santa and he better be fucking there or I will raise holy hell!

Go to Cleary's , much better class of Santa . Its a water themed Santa Grotto this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,183 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

lau1247 wrote: »

I've seen them in harvey normans too. not that I'd drink that muck.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,796 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Grayson wrote: »
    I've seen them in harvey normans too. not that I'd drink that muck.

To be fair it's fierce handy and better than any shíte you buy in a jar.

True coffee lovers will have the full gear but for a quick cup the nespresso is grand.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 203 ✭✭Black Leather

Anyone who starts their Christmas shopping in August really needs to cop on and Get A Life!

• Advertisement

ah the publicity..... tis great for BT's.

Advertisement