Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'This Game Is P***ing Me Off & It's About To Go Out The Window' thread

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Playing through ZOE2 right now.

God the camera is atrocious!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,175 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I used to rage my eyes out playing counter strike. Random headshots grrraaaargr

• Registered Users Posts: 13,884 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I'm pretty sure i got rage at every game when i was younger. Don't know how many SNES and PS controllers i've gone through, but thank god there was very thick glass on CRT's or mammy would not have been happy!

Still rage a bit these days, CoD MP being the main cause. But if a SP game is annoying me to rage proportions, unless it has a fantastic story, i'll just stop playing it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 815 ✭✭✭animaal

Driving games generally. Especially Gran Turismo. Great fun at the start, but after a while you can spend days trying to shave 0.1sec off your time to progress to the next challenge... My controller isn't the better for it!

On a totally unrelated note, check out my ad on Adverts. "Gamepad for sale. Almost brand new, I only opened it to make sure it works".

• Registered Users Posts: 34,660 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Metal Slug. I've been coming very close to 1 crediting it over the last week but just can't get through the second half of the final mission. Driving me mental so it is! :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Battletoads. What made it worse for me was that it was a friends copy, so I couldn't set it free out the window. The controller however, met the wall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Resident evil 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I don't think Spelunky is fun anymore.

I still can't stop playing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Gaunty

Max Payne 3. Infuriating.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Demon Souls / Dark Souls are old skool difficulty, lots of people say "but it's so satisfying when you get past a tough part". I'm an average gamer so it's frikin impossible.
    Went back to Demon Souls on a bet and got past 1-1, yes that's level 1. Satisfying enough to turn the game off :)
    A few controllers thrown across the floor, couldn't throw them at the wall cos I'd have to paint and pollyfilla the area !

Lost a lot of cheetah annihalator joysticks back in the day, what's that crunching sound.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

Last Boss fight in Fight Night Champion (Isac Frost) came very close to ejecting the disc and walking out of the house and throwing the disc as far as it would go as a Frisbee, never did finish the game

Last Boss in Metal Gear Revengence, one of those cúnty bosses where it's not good enough you beat them once, twice, or even three times, they keep coming back for more. Gave up and never finished the game, almost broke my foot in frustration at one of the earlier bosses in that game also.

Angelo Credo boss level in DMC4 took me forever to get past, one or two other bosses in this game but this one takes the biscuit. Did finsih the game though despite the difficulty.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

J. Marston wrote: »
    Going for the Big Boss emblem in MGS4.

Not allowed to die, not allowed to kill anyone, not allowed to use health items, complete the game in less than 5 hours, no alert phases and do it on the hardest difficulty setting.

Most of the game was fine but try doing the motorbike part with those rules. Nearly drove me insane.

Did you actually complete the game under those conditions?

I'm impressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Metal Gear Rising. Monsoon Boss.

Haven't been back to it in a while...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

Metal Gear Rising. Monsoon Boss.

Haven't been back to it in a while...

HIM! nearly broke my foot kicking a chair in anger with this bastard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I've lost my cool a few times playing games, but only once ever have I been reduced to that cliche of smashing stuff in rage, and surprisingly enough, even to myself, it was playing Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary on Legendary. It was a part where you've to get past several cloaked enemies armed with instant kill close combat weapons, but it was literally impossible to fight them all on this difficulty level. I must have tried 30+ times, and eventually I smashed my controller off the ground in a vicious rage attack involving a lot of screaming and senseless babbling, and walked away. Later I googled it and by switching to 'classic' i.e. original Xbox graphical mode, it was an absolute walk through, as in, got it on first attempt. Such a dismal waste of a good controller, and I've never before or since lost my cool like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

Football Manager /thread

PUT THE BALL IN THE FCUKING NET

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

COD4 mile high club on hardest difficulty

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

XCOM... nothing stings quite like missing a 95% shot and 2 of your squad dying because of it.

I just gave up playing on the Iron Man mode.

Now instead of playing it like it's supposed to be played I treat it as a puzzle game. I can't derive any enjoyment out of it otherwise.

Same goes for Football Manager tbh. It takes too long to do anything for losing in a cup final to ever be an option.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

When I was a kid it was MGS. Wasn't old enough to understand I think. Drove me mental. Then a few years back me and a friend player them all from start to finish. Still frustrating at times

Advertisement