Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Funny Farming Pics

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

iwuaGID.jpg

I've always said that normally we have 2 seasons in Ireland. The first is the wet and windy season and the second is the wet, windy and slightly colder season. You still need your wellies for both ....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

gozunda wrote: »
    I've always said that normally we have 2 seasons in Ireland. The first is the wet and windy season and the second is the wet, windy and slightly colder season. You still need your wellies for both ....

In summer, the rain is warmer:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭foxy farmer

clip_image034.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

52773191-10161364386450612-5766475941182177280-n.jpg

• Advertisement

emaherx wrote: »
    473624.jpg

I had meant to post this here :D

2uj40v.jpg

Mr E wrote: »
    LWZOu5I.jpg
    From YLYL9:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭davidk1394

Watch out for sheep worrying:P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭foxy farmer

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 8,428 ✭✭✭Markcheese

What the hell did I just watch...
    Were they trying to get it started, or cross the river? Where did the air come from for the engine...?

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

Markcheese wrote: »
    What the hell did I just watch...
    Were they trying to get it started, or cross the river? Where did the air come from for the engine...?
    I think it was being towed across by the tractor on the other side?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 685 ✭✭✭keepalive213

Fairday

• Registered Users Posts: 11,193 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

2 door Cortina was a rare enough sight.

(Learned to drive in one of those Mk2 Cortinas. Bench seat and column shift, a child could sit in the middle between their patents, and change gears for the father!)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,687 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

We had a cortina here once, the very last model, bought new. The aerial would go up and when you turned on/off the radio. It was the coolest thing ever. We used to tow the cattle box with it.:rolleyes:

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Dinzee Conlee

We had a cortina here once, the very last model, bought new. The aerial would go up and when you tirned on/off the radio. It was the coolest thing ever. We used to tow the cattle box with it.:rolleyes:

We had a Cortina as well when I was very small...

Remember the father coming home from the mart with the back seat in the boot (the bottom of the seat came out in one piece, and that was put into the boot, tied down with twine acourse) and a calf in the back seat... :)

I remember us rushing out to see the calf in the back, and thinking it was the maddest, funniest thing we had ever seen. The father was laughing...
    I also remember the mother coming out, and her not seeing the funny side of it at all, and I couldn't understand why :D

Danny_B wrote: »
    7hl4mk85hqo21.jpg

From YLYL9:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭Brown Podzol

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    2 door Cortina was a rare enough sight.

(Learned to drive in one of those Mk2 Cortinas. Bench seat and column shift, a child could sit in the middle between their patents, and change gears for the father!)

A bench seat and column shift allowing unobstructed access to the passenger side by the driver was always much in demand by courting couples.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,193 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

A bench seat and column shift allowing unobstructed access to the passenger side by the driver was always much in demand by courting couples.

Respect to me ould fella!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 1,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭Albert Johnson

This is a feature that's overlooked by the majority of modern car maker's today imo. A few of us were inspecting a local man's new Peugeot car at the local one night. I can't remember the model number but it was a saloon type, the most notable thing about it was a big central division between the driver and passenger. It was like an arm rest with the handbrake built in and a real passion killer I'd imagine. An auld lad who I'd always thought of as being tame enough remarked "that it was the best contraceptive he'd seen to date".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭Brown Podzol

This is a feature that's overlooked by the majority of modern car maker's today imo. A few of us were inspecting a local man's new Peugeot car at the local one night. I can't remember the model number but it was a saloon type, the most notable thing about it was a big central division between the driver and passenger. It was like an arm rest with the handbrake built in and a real passion killer I'd imagine. An auld lad who I'd always thought of as being tame enough remarked "that it was the best contraceptive he'd seen to date".

The reclining seat was a poor replacement.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,069 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

Farm sciencey stuff...

For the poor urbanites reading this.
    This is what happens on farms.

https://twitter.com/Rainmaker1973/status/1111310360630444032?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 10,687 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

When you do the same experiment with a mirror and a flashlight, the speed of the light from the torch is the same when measured on the tractor trailer as when measured by someone standing on the ground.
    It is known as the theory of tractor articulated relativity. :cool:

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

8OG9dCX.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,069 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

8OG9dCX.jpg

One for the Biochar and natural farming thread. :)

inforfun wrote: »

From Funny GIFs II, nicely done:)

• Advertisement

mEiE0Sh.jpg

Advertisement