Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Funny Farming Pics

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,687 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

tanko wrote: »
    True but bloody funny tho.
    It's a miracle that the loader driver didn't kill a few of them.

They probably had money in the bank. Just didn't like filling out forms.:D

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭foxy farmer

Looks like something you'd see pulled by a horse back in the day. Bit of an antique I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,785 ✭✭✭Odelay

Looks like something you'd see pulled by a horse back in the day. Bit of an antique I reckon.

Looks like something you’d see on Borat.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,368 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Rsa would love to meet that

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 1,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭Albert Johnson

It looks to me like an ass cart that somebody welded a tow bar and heavier axel into. I'd imagine it's definitely vintage anyway, around here that sort of up-cycling would be referred to as a "country man's" job.
    Each to there own and it's probably doing the business if a little rustic. I would however be afraid that if the wood worm stopping holding hands it could prove detrimental to the savings made buying in bulk over bags.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭older by the day

Sher what ever works, it can be hard to get the last few buckets of nuts out of the big bags

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭The Rabbi

The cart is half tipped,the"new"drawbar was designed for a Beetle I presume.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,041 Mod ✭✭✭✭K.G.

are you talking about the390 or the cart?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭BnB

tanko wrote: »
    .....It's a miracle that the loader driver didn't kill a few of them.

My thoughts exactly...... although to be fair to them, they all looked like they were having great aul' craic.

It kind of reminded me of the last 5 minutes of a good Junior C match. There was no great skill on show and t'was all a bit helter skelter, but they were all givin' it their best shot and there was lots of roarin' and shoutin' and ultimately, t'was great aul entertainment for all involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,687 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,968 ✭✭✭emaherx

Next weeks article to read "tool done for driving without due care with an unsecured loaded after YouTube video investigated"

• Registered Users Posts: 11,193 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Can anyone read that calf's tag (cow!) to see what country the video is from?

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    Can anyone read that calf's tag (cow!) to see what country the video is from?

I've tried taking a screenshot and zooming in but the image resolution isn't clear enough to read the tag. The car appears to be left hand drive and the tag appears similar to those I've seen in stock imported from the continent.

Apart from the issue of uploading the video to the internet it's a pretty foolish carry on without publicizing it. I know we've all done foolish things when young but the calf is an unsecured load and in the event of an accident is a possible projectile and also a distraction from the road.

I regularly seen calves hobbled and put into car boots and the back of vans while growing up. It was a safer way of transporting them than the method above.

It reminds me of watching a lad put a Cheviot ram he bought at a mart into the back of an older type caddy van. He was advised to halter him and tie the rope to something solid but decided against it. The ram was loaded and the back doors slammed, ram jumps between the seats and bull's eyes the windscreen. This of course causes lots of spider cracks and f@cks in equal measure. Ram then turns around and decides to exit via the window in the rear door making bits of it in the process. A halter was of course then procured for a second attempt at transporting him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Am I missing something or is noone else seeing the bit underneath

"Brendan Fleming, a farmer from Kilcummin Co. Kerry, didn't have access to the use of a cattle trailer; but that wasn't going to stop him from moving his livestock."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭Marengo

Grinchbot wrote: »

"Brendan Fleming, a farmer from Kilcummin Co. Kerry, didn't have access to the use of a cattle trailer; but that wasn't going to stop him from moving his livestock."

Yes, you are the only one here who can read.... Or more likely you're the only one using a Desktop/Laptop cause on the mobile browsers it says nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

emaherx wrote: »
    Yes, you are the only one here who can read.... Or more likely you're the only one using a Desktop/Laptop cause on the mobile browsers it says nothing.

Well I'm not a farmer so probably true. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

I had been wondering that too but thought Nekarsulm was thinking more about other countries seeing how we treat cattle. Jesus i'm very cynical today :pac:

470452.jpg
    Well I'm not a farmer so probably true. :D

You are correct, the name and info only appears on my phone if you switch the site to "desk top" mode.
    Looking at him in the left hand drive car, I assumed it was continental ....
    Mind you, if you Google that lads name and address, the entries make sobering reading ..

• Advertisement

Mind you, if you Google that lads name and address, the entries make sobering reading ..

Well..... Wow...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

I've tried taking a screenshot and zooming in but the image resolution isn't clear enough to read the tag. The car appears to be left hand drive and the tag appears similar to those I've seen in stock imported from the continent.

Apart from the issue of uploading the video to the internet it's a pretty foolish carry on without publicizing it. I know we've all done foolish things when young but the calf is an unsecured load and in the event of an accident is a possible projectile and also a distraction from the road.

I regularly seen calves hobbled and put into car boots and the back of vans while growing up. It was a safer way of transporting them than the method above.

It reminds me of watching a lad put a Cheviot ram he bought at a mart into the back of an older type caddy van. He was advised to halter him and tie the rope to something solid but decided against it. The ram was loaded and the back doors slammed, ram jumps between the seats and bull's eyes the windscreen. This of course causes lots of spider cracks and f@cks in equal measure. Ram then turns around and decides to exit via the window in the rear door making bits of it in the process. A halter was of course then procured for a second attempt at transporting him.

I brought 2 Belclare hogget rams from Tuam to Kerry in the back of an Opel Vectra saloon with the back seat folded down.

Twas grand until we got onto the ferry in Killimor...

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Keep Sluicing

You are correct, the name and info only appears on my phone if you switch the site to "desk top" mode.
    Looking at him in the left hand drive car, I assumed it was continental ....

That videa was taken on snapchat, and mirrors the image, and makes it look like its a left hand drive while actually being a normal right hand drive

• Registered Users Posts: 8,428 ✭✭✭Markcheese

emaherx wrote: »
    Well..... Wow...

There may well be more than 1 brendan flemming from kilcummin....

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

Markcheese wrote: »

If there is, the other one will be pissed at all the publicity he's been getting over the years :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

Markcheese wrote: »

I think it's fairly safe to say it's the same lad, right are, court article says he was a metal work student pics of him welding and the video on the one fb profile

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

2r86sr.jpg

I brought 2 Belclare hogget rams from Tuam to Kerry in the back of an Opel Vectra saloon with the back seat folded down.

Twas grand until we got onto the ferry in Killimor...

The last line of that tale contains a level of suspense that Hitchcock would be proud of. Regardless of what took place after it no doubt added to the tourist's holiday experience while on the ferry. I've done that crossing once during the summer, it's a pleasant few minutes of a good day.

I once brought 3 heifers and a ewe and lamb home from the mart in an 8 by 4 car trailer with no dividing gate behind a Nissan Almera. The 3 heifers went in the trailer, the ewe trussed up in the boot and the lamb hobbled and wrapped in a meal bag in the passenger foot well.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,152 ✭✭✭✭Base price

The last line of that tale contains a level of suspense that Hitchcock would be proud of. Regardless of what took place after it no doubt added to the tourist's holiday experience while on the ferry. I've done that crossing once during the summer, it's a pleasant few minutes of a good day.

I once brought 3 heifers and a ewe and lamb home from the mart in an 8 by 4 car trailer with no dividing gate behind a Nissan Almera. The 3 heifers went in the trailer, the ewe trussed up in the boot and the lamb hobbled and wrapped in a meal bag in the passenger foot well.
    Reminds me of a experience I had many years ago.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=96039351&postcount=58

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Thought this was brilliant
    New Home wrote: »
    YrIv198.jpg

Advertisement