Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultimate Team 14

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38 xXDarkstarXx

Had a spare 15k left over after buying a few Irish players to sell on. Decided to open 2 packs, my first 2 in fifa 14.

1st pack was absoloutely cat, except for a squad fitness. 2nd pack I got Gotze and David Luiz :pac:

Do you think I would be better off selling Gotze now? And maybe buying him sometime in the future? Right now he goes for about 40k. I have a Bundesliga side but Draxler is doing an amazing job!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Bought Coleman at the start for 2,100, had been rotting in squad not getting a sniff so stuck him up for sale on hearing about this St Paddy's tournament and he sold for 18,000 lol

Madness

• Registered Users Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Pardon my ignorance, as I only just started playing this recently. But is the accepted tactic to try and accumulate players of the same league into the one team?

I have assembled a team of Brazilian players but from various leagues, mainly just because I happened to get a good few brazilians in packs (Maxwell, Luis Gustavo etc)

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭TheNumpty

Pardon my ignorance, as I only just started playing this recently. But is the accepted tactic to try and accumulate players of the same league into the one team?

I have assembled a team of Brazilian players but from various leagues, mainly just because I happened to get a good few brazilians in packs (Maxwell, Luis Gustavo etc)
    What you're doing there is pretty common. Brazilian squads are always a decent shout.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

have a read of this guide.

http://www.fifauteam.com/chemistry-guide-fifa-14-ultimate-team/

You are trying to get a good Chemistry between your players. This is achieved by playing them in the correct position they are supposed to play and putting players around them from the same nationality or that play in the league. A manager will also add chemistry to you team but also they give you contract negotiations - so you can get extra contracts added to a contract card when you go to apply it to a player. You can also stack managers in your club, so the more managers you have in your club that add +3% negotiations the more contract bonus will get added.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

Because its Valentine's ea have kindly given us a free mini gold pack. I feel so loved. Got ze roberto. Ya have to sign into console to claim it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭jamesbondings

Because its Valentine's ea have kindly given us a free mini gold pack. I feel so loved. Got ze roberto. Ya have to sign into console to claim it.

piss off???......i bought the ultimate team edition on release day so i could get the free pack a week, the best i have ever got is Drogba....i know packs are uselss but i find free ones are worse......if thats possible!

piss off???......i bought the ultimate team edition on release day so i could get the free pack a week, the best i have ever got is Drogba....i know packs are uselss but i find free ones are worse......if thats possible!

Speaking as someone who gets 2 free packs. I know how u feel. Best I got was hamsik tho

• Registered Users Posts: 17,423 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Liamalone wrote: »
    Bought Coleman at the start for 2,100, had been rotting in squad not getting a sniff so stuck him up for sale on hearing about this St Paddy's tournament and he sold for 18,000 lol

Madness

hmm./.I've the entire silver team of Irish players :)
    Coleman up for 17K.
    Long is going for 40K :)
    nice profit made :D

Anyone switched from PS4 to Xbox etc and looking to swap players/coins?
    I've switched from XB1 to PS4 so losing all my players :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Benrobjohn

I'm on ps4,opened about 200 packs. I've got about ten informs. And sold players equivalent to about 700k highest rated is 86,buffoon,fabragas. I've 3 squads,bpl,seria a and Spanish. I've got 500k to build a German squad. Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Benrobjohn wrote: »
    I'm on ps4,opened about 200 packs. I've got about ten informs. And sold players equivalent to about 700k highest rated is 86,buffoon,fabragas. I've 3 squads,bpl,seria a and Spanish. I've got 500k to build a German squad. Any ideas?

If you're into ultimate team this much you shouldn't need ideas tbh lol

On a sidenote, anybody encountered these legendary players much? I play ultimate team a fair bit and have only ever met one team that had one of them in it, it was Pauletta I think.

Met a guy last week who had Fowler/Sheringham and Linkeker...don't think he was too happy when I went 2-0 up within 20 mins. He quit :)
    I've met a few teams with Maldini/Cannavaro in them.
    And a spanish team with Hierro as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Bit late in the day but just got into this in the last week or so. First time ever playing. Got Rooney in my 5th pack, so a decent start, I'd say. Also got Ashley Young and Antoine Griezmann, who seems to be rated 82 relative to 80 in a different version, in the same pack so a few coins there as well. Have a bundesliga team on the go but I think I might start to try to pick up players on the cheap and build up coins instead of improving the team.

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Muirshin Durkin

Anyone else having problems tonight with the servers? I keep getting disconnected, no loading then getting kicked, but straight away and getting signed out of ea server, very annoying been up two or three each time, its only tonight, never been like this before?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Take Your Pants Off

I CHALLENGE ANYONE TO FACE ME FOR 5K COINS.
    Hit me up II 2FAST2C II (X Box)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

I CHALLENGE ANYONE TO FACE ME FOR 5K COINS.
    Hit me up II 2FAST2C II (X Box)

You should specify 360 or One

Parawind wrote: »
    You should specify 360 or One

Does it matter ?
    I thought you can play with people on either Xbox.

Does it matter ?
    I thought you can play with people on either Xbox.

Nope

Blazer wrote: »
    Nope

Wtf.
    Microsoft have gone mad.
    There was me thinking be grand keep the 360 for another 2 years.

• Advertisement

I wonder would it be an idea to have a thread for challenge matches or even pink slips if you're feeling lucky :)

i wouldnt mind that, all my mates have gone off fifa since 13, have noone to really play with, is there a league here or anything?

i wouldnt mind that, all my mates have gone off fifa since 13, have noone to really play with, is there a league here or anything?

We had one last year on the ps3. Think Xbox had one too. But it could be a bit harder this year with with people now spilt over the 4 consoles.

Yea, i get ye, what about a couple of tournaments, say 5000 or whatever a head, winner takes all. Could be a nice profit depending on numbers.

Yea, i get ye, what about a couple of tournaments, say 5000 or whatever a head, winner takes all. Could be a nice profit depending on numbers.

Yeah could that if others are interested in it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

My last season sums up UT pretty well.

Aubumayeng x 6
    Remy x 2
    Ibarbo x 2

So much fun...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Dont forget to stock up on irish players for the Paddys day tournament!

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭Bertser

Seriously every second game I come up against a player whose only two moves are L1 + Triangle and shooting. Seriously frustrating and sad that even if you are very good at the game you'll lose to that nearly every time.

Bertser wrote: »
    Seriously every second game I come up against a player whose only two moves are L1 + Triangle and shooting. Seriously frustrating and sad that even if you are very good at the game you'll lose to that nearly every time.

and that long ball from kick off, does my nut in.

• Advertisement

and that long ball from kick off, does my nut in.

well if you cant beat them. might as well join in :pac:

Advertisement